Christian McCaffrey

let's just say for a minute that they stuck to their board and had him graded that high.....would you be mad?

a playmaker is a playmaker, IMO ....give that kid 15-20 touches a game between returns/carries/catches and he's gonna win you some games.

some of the quickest feet and best hands I've ever seen from a RB. 

if you like Cook...why not McCaffrey? tell me how Cook is better..

15 hours ago, spicoli said:

let's just say for a minute that they stuck to their board and had him graded that high.....would you be mad?

a playmaker is a playmaker, IMO ....give that kid 15-20 touches a game between returns/carries/catches and he's gonna win you some games.

some of the quickest feet and best hands I've ever seen from a RB. 

if you like Cook...why not McCaffrey? tell me how Cook is better..

I'd be more concerned that they graded him a top 10 player.  He's good, but not that good IMO.

On 4/3/2017 at 3:45 PM, Jason said:

I'd be more concerned that they graded him a top 10 player.  He's good, but not that good IMO.

#8 is actually a good bet for McCaffrey, IMO.

lots of rumors coming out of Carolina saying they've got Fournette and McCaffrey as 1 and 1a for the 8th overall pick....pretty doubtful that Fournette will still be around by then though.  

McCaffrey is a huge reach #9. He's too small to be an every down back. Not to mention he plays the exact same position we just extended Gio to play. He's a pass catching back who is too small and weak to pass block. 

Cook and McCaffrey have a very different body type. McCaffrey is thin. Cook is thick. McCaffrey had pathetic strength numbers. Cook excellent.

I don't want either but Cook is clearly the better prospect in my eyes.

I'm not saying that they will be taking McCaffrey and I'm not saying that they should take McCaffrey at 9....I'm simply saying "what if.."

and before anyone else says it's a "reach", tell me again how you know where teams have these guys ranked.

as for Gio, do you know for a fact that he'll be coming back just fine? will he ever even be the same player again?

again, if Cook can be thought of as a top 10 pick, so can McCaffrey....and I don't care about body types, they're a little bit different kind of payers.....McCaffrey has so much better hands and is so much better in the open field it's not even funny, and he rarely gets squared up for big shots...and Cook isn't half the returner McCaffrey is either. 

like I said, I'm not saying it will or should happen, but the reality is, if you give that kid 15-20 touches a game between carries/catches/returns, he's easily going to be one of the most productive players in this draft class.....kid is a special talent for sure. 

#whiteRBbias is real

why be so close minded?

lol

12 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I'm not saying that they will be taking McCaffrey and I'm not saying that they should take McCaffrey at 9....I'm simply saying "what if.."

and before anyone else says it's a "reach", tell me again how you know where teams have these guys ranked.

as for Gio, do you know for a fact that he'll be coming back just fine? 

again, if Cook can be thought of as a top 10 pick, so can McCaffrey....and I don't care about body types, they're a little bit different kind of payers.....McCaffrey has so much better hands and is so much better in the open field it's not even funny, and he rarely gets squared up for big shots...and Cook isn't half the returner McCaffrey is either. 

like I said, I'm not saying it will or should happen, but the reality is, if you give that kid 15-20 touches a game between carries/catches/returns, he's easily going to be one of the most productive players in this draft class.....kid is a special talent for sure. 

#whiteRBbias is real

why be so close minded?

lol

Nothing to do with his skin color! He's undersized and isn't built to be an every down back. He's a receiving back. Very good at it. But we already have a great receiving back in Gio.

Gio is right on track per Marvin. He's young and signed for a few more years. No reason to think we replace him.

Hill on the other hand is in jeopardy. Every back we've been tied to is a big body type. Foreman, Fournette, Mixon. McCaffrey doesn't fit that.

5 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

No reason to think we replace him.

why does it have to be "replace" ?

why can't it be "enhance" ?

the more guys that can take the ball to the house and impact a game on any given play....the better.

same thing goes for Howard and Eifert.

"Heard from multiple front office execs over last few days. Feeling is now Christian McCaffery goes Top 10." - Peter Schrager, FOX Sports

So much for McCaffrey going in the second round! I've had McCaffrey going to the Buccaneers at No. 19 in my 2017 NFL Mock Draft since the combine, but he'll apparently be off the board much earlier than that. I've attached this to the Jets, Panthers and Bengals to this because they're the likely spots for McCaffrey if he goes in the top 10. The Jets might be a long shot because there will be better prospects available (Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, perhaps Leonard Fournette), but the Panthers seem the most likely destination. Carolina needs a running back, but probably won't want Dalvin Cook because of his character concerns. The Bengals make sense as well, but they won't have any qualms about taking Cook. -Walter

Christian McCaffrey makes sense for the Bengals at No. 9

After a rough 2016 season, the Cincinnati Bengals have the good fortune of being in possession of the No. 9 overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. The possibilities for the pick are virtually endless, save for the eight players who will be taken ahead of the Bengals, as it is very unlikely the Bengals would trade up, given their history.

However, that leaves the entire rest of the 2017 draft class for the Bengals to consider. That is a lot of pressure to get the pick right, but it is also a great opportunity for the Bengals to find a great player with the pick. One player who might fit that bill is Stanford running back Christian McCaffrey, who has been climbing in the eyes of many draft experts and, lately, has been considered a potential top-10 pick.

It is no secret that the Bengals’ running back position needs some work. With 2016 breakout star Rex Burkhead now with the New England Patriots, the Bengals’ current running back corps consists of Giovani Bernard, Jeremy Hill and Cedric Peerman. Bernard is a solid running back, although he has had issues staying healthy over the years.

Hill has flashed potential over the years, but he has had generally poor production over the last two seasons, potentially prompting the Bengals to move on from him at the end of his contract in 2017. Peerman is a 30-year old career third string running back. Although he is the special teams captain and a special teams Pro Bowler, his career should be winding down soon, so there is virtually no chance he will be able to leapfrog Hill on the depth chart.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/4/8/15219894/christian-mccaffrey-makes-sense-for-bengals-no-9

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm just not sold on him as an Every Down Back.  I don't want to take a "complimentary" back in the top 10.  If you take a back that high he needs to be a bell cow.

he doesn't have to be an every down back and he doesn't have to be a complimentary back either.....he can simply be a moving weapon.

I get that Gio (*at 100%) kind of fills the same role but he isn't anywhere near as dynamic a player as McCaffrey is....plus you get the bonus of McCaffrey being an elite returner. 

15-20 touches/game, that's all it'll take for him to be one of the most dynamic players in the NFL.....between catches/carries and returns, it shouldn't be all that difficult to get him the touches.

IMO they are absolutely desperate to get a legit playmaker with game-breaking speed/ability with that first pick.....there's only a few guys in this class that fit the criteria.....McCaffrey is absolutely one of them. 

Howard/Cook/Ross/McCaffrey/Fournette.....I would bet big that we end up with one of those five at #9.....IMO, they're all graded the same. 

Archived