2017 Season thread!!

Jason

1 hour ago, Elflocko said:

I expected the wheels to fall off by now; what gives...? :unsure:

Enjoy it while it lasts.  They're a young team and have played all of 7 games.  They've been fun to listen to but I'm not making any projections.  If they're still over .500 a month from now maybe we can start looking ahead a little bit.

4 hours ago, Bunghole said:

I'm starting to believe, God help me. I know it's a long season, and we've GOT to get more innings out of our starters, but our offense? Shit man, these guys can score!

I'm not going to go so far as "believe", I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts.  I just hope they can keep it interesting until training camp starts.

I have a feeling the "Arroyo as a starter" experiment ends tonight, I hope it just doesn't cost them the game. He was never an overpowering guy, and now he's old and starting to get hurt. I think his days of eating up six innings for you are over.

The big test will be how the tarting lineup improves when Desclafani and Homer return. Speaking of which, when are those guys coming back?

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

I have a feeling the "Arroyo as a starter" experiment ends tonight, I hope it just doesn't cost them the game. He was never an overpowering guy, and now he's old and starting to get hurt. I think his days of eating up six innings for you are over.

The big test will be how the tarting lineup improves when Desclafani and Homer return. Speaking of which, when are those guys coming back?

Had bone spurs removed from his elbow in mid-February, was supposed to start throwing again in "4 to 6 weeks". 

{Looks at calendar, carries the '1', searches internet for any indication he's started throwing again, finds nothing.}

Yeah, hows that $20 mil per year working out for you...? :suicide:

Disco got placed on 60 day at the start of the season. He probably isn't coming back until the half-way point. I've watched more baseball this year than I have last year. The young guys are fun to watch. I personally just think they are off to a hot start and they will cool down, but I saw some stat that said they are over .500 by a game since an arbitrary date in July. 

6 hours ago, Elflocko said:

Had bone spurs removed from his elbow in mid-February, was supposed to start throwing again in "4 to 6 weeks". 

{Looks at calendar, carries the '1', searches internet for any indication he's started throwing again, finds nothing.}

Yeah, hows that $20 mil per year working out for you...? :suicide:

I admit I don't have much to base this on besides my impression of Bailey, but I don't think he'll ever come anywhere close to living up to that contract.  In fact I suspect he will continue to find reasons not to play.

As far as the bats cooling off, expect that to happen over the next 2-3 weeks as teams get a chance to scout the new guys.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I admit I don't have much to base this on besides my impression of Bailey, but I don't think he'll ever come anywhere close to living up to that contract.  In fact I suspect he will continue to find reasons not to play.

As far as the bats cooling off, expect that to happen over the next 2-3 weeks as teams get a chance to scout the new guys.

I've thought that since the day he signed it, TBH... 

Archived