If the draft ended up like this, i would be beyond estatic. See 3 or 4 10 year starters imo in this mock.

Round 1 Pick 9: Mike Williams, WR, Clemson (A-)

Round 2 Pick 14 (IND): DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State (C+)

Round 3 Pick 9: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)

Round 3 Pick 16 (IND): Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova

Round 4 Pick 9: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas (B-)

Round 4 Pick 31 (COMP): Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State (B+)

Round 5 Pick 9: jake butt TE, Michigian (A)

Round 5 Pick 32 (COMP): Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA (A-)

Round 6 Pick 9: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A)

Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): Cooper Rush, QB, Central Michigan

Round 7 Pick 9: Corey Levin, OG, Chattanooga (B-)

Round 7 Pick 33 (COMP): Josh Tupou, DT, Colorado (B-)

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Did you use a website for this?  If so, was Barnett or Foster available at 9?

Jake Butt probably won't last that long but if he does you have to take him on BPA. Other than that I don't see them drafting a TE at all if it's not Howard at 9. 

I like the Vanderdoes pick. 

3 hours ago, Jpoore said:

If the draft ended up like this, i would be beyond estatic. See 3 or 4 10 year starters imo in this mock.

Round 1 Pick 9: Mike Williams, WR, Clemson (A-)

Round 2 Pick 14 (IND): DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State (C+)

Round 3 Pick 9: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)

Round 3 Pick 16 (IND): Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova emoji767.png

Round 4 Pick 9: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas (B-)

Round 4 Pick 31 (COMP): Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State (B+)

Round 5 Pick 9: jake butt TE, Michigian (A)

Round 5 Pick 32 (COMP): Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA (A-)

Round 6 Pick 9: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A)

Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): Cooper Rush, QB, Central Michigan emoji767.png

Round 7 Pick 9: Corey Levin, OG, Chattanooga (B-)

Round 7 Pick 33 (COMP): Josh Tupou, DT, Colorado (B-)

did you assign draft grades to your picks? 

17 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

Lots of reaches and/or guys who won't be there. Zero chance we take Williams #9. Too high for Walker. Too low for Kpassgnon, Foreman, Butt and Eflein.

We also don't have 2 third round picks.

sshhhh...don't wake him from his nap. I spent all afternoon trying to get him down and he's finally dreaming...lol

I guess that is what happens when your mock draft is sponsored by the HMMJ ETF that is now trading on the TSE. 

49 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

Lots of reaches and/or guys who won't be there. Zero chance we take Williams #9. Too high for Walker. Too low for Kpassgnon, Foreman, Butt and Eflein.

I don't think we will take Williams at #9, but I wouldn't say there is zero chance.  I think that there are only 4 or 5 players that are more likely to be the Bengals' pick than Williams.  

I would rank the probability of players in order of likelihood this way:

1. Foster

2. Barnett

3. Fournette

4. Corey Davis

5. Mike Williams

6. Jonathan Allen

7. OJ Howard

1 minute ago, BlackBengal said:

I don't think we will take Williams at #9, but I wouldn't say there is zero chance.  I think that there are only 4 or 5 players that are more likely to be the Bengals' pick than Williams.  

I would rank the probability of players in order of likelihood this way:

1. Foster Reddick

2. Barnett

3. Fournette

4. Corey Davis

5. Mike Williams

6. Jonathan Allen

7. OJ Howard

Fixt for ya...don't thank me, it was nothing. 

2 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

He traded down in 2 to get the extra 3.

Did you use a website for this?  If so, was Barnett or Foster available at 9?
Jake Butt probably won't last that long but if he does you have to take him on BPA. Other than that I don't see them drafting a TE at all if it's not Howard at 9. 
I like the Vanderdoes pick. 

It was first pick. Barnett and foster were. But i do think the bengals think long term mitner will be here and barnett at 9 is not so much better than walker. Yeah he probably wont be there if he falls into the 4th u gotta grab him, but idk bc they seem to like their tes.

4 hours ago, BlackBengal said:

I like Hooker, but I think that he is more likely to be the next Reggie Nelson than the next Ed Reed.  

then you need to go back and watch some tape.....Reggie Nelson only ever dreamed of having that kind of range. 

43 minutes ago, spicoli said:

then you need to go back and watch some tape.....Reggie Nelson only ever dreamed of having that kind of range. 

Oh jeez.  Every year before the draft everyone acts like every player projected in the first round is a future HOFer.  It's all hope and hype.

Then the players take the field and half are disappointments either small or large.  Half are good starters and a handful are great.  

Let's remember what Reggie Nelson was coming out of Florida.  Reggie Nelson was a fantastic college player and prospect.  A first team all American.  He had the same amount of INTs in college as Hooker.  He ran in the 4.3s at his pro day.  It is silly to say that Hooker has more range Nelson did coming out of college.  

Nelson  (eventually) became a very good pro.  If Hooker has a career like Nelson he will not be a HOFer but he will have had a very good career.

I watched every single OSU game that Hooker played in.  I don't need to watch any "tape" of Hooker to render an opinion.  He isn't Ed Reed, but he could be very good.  Reed had 21 INTs in college.  3 times as many as Hooker.  He was drafted at a time when the NFL undervalued safeties.  He would be a top 3 pick today.

18 minutes ago, BlackBengal said:

Oh jeez.  Every year before the draft everyone acts like every player projected in the first round is a future HOFer.  It's all hope and hype.

Then the players take the field and half are disappointments either small or large.  Half are good starters and a handful are great.  

Let's remember what Reggie Nelson was coming out of Florida.  Reggie Nelson was a fantastic college player and prospect.  A first team all American.  He had the same amount of INTs in college as Hooker.  He ran in the 4.3s at his pro day.  It is silly to say that Hooker has more range Nelson did coming out of college.  

Nelson  (eventually) became a very good pro.  If Hooker has a career like Nelson he will not be a HOFer but he will have had a very good career.

I watched every single OSU game that Hooker played in.  I don't need to watch any "tape" of Hooker to render an opinion.  He isn't Ed Reed, but he could be very good.  Reed had 21 INTs in college.  3 times as many as Hooker.  He was drafted at a time when the NFL undervalued safeties.  He would be a top 3 pick today.

and not one word of this has a single thing to do with the fact that Reggie Nelson could only ever dream of having the kind of range that Malik Hooker has.....which is all I said. 

he doesn't have to be Ed Reed, he just has to come in and do what he's capable of....there's a reason he's considered a top 10 pick, the fact that he only played one year is a testament to how much talent Urban Meyer recruits in the secondary at Oh St, not a knock on him. 

2 minutes ago, spicoli said:

and not one word of this has a single thing to do with the fact that Reggie Nelson could only ever dream of having the kind of range that Malik Hooker has.....which is all I said. 

he doesn't have to be Ed Reed, he just has to come in and do what he's capable of....there's a reason he's considered a top 10 pick, the fact that he only played one year is a testament to how much talent Urban Meyer recruits in the secondary, not a knock on him. 

We'll see.  I am actually a little undecided on Hooker.  I think he has a greater chance of being a dissapointment than most of the other top-10 guys.  I still think he is a really good prospect, but something about his game is keeping from being totally convinced.

Urban Meyer kids coming out of Ohio State and into the NFL usually hold up their end of the bargain.....just sayin.  

only coach in America that can lose 3 guys in the secondary to the NFL within the first 15 picks of the draft and STILL somehow get better back there.. 

Walker may go in the late first hes projected late first early second. Dude had 25 sacks last 2 years including the sencond most sacks in the fbs last year. Foreman and kpassagnon the love for them just isnt there. Butt injury history has apparently scared a lot of executives. Elflien u are probably right about. Was trying to make it semi realistic. I traded with indianapolis in the second and got their third. And i would say theres a good chance we draft williams.

I think right now he is at reggies level but he only started 1 year. The upside as he is expected to get better is ed reed. It could go either way.

Archived