32 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Theres a reason barnett is never mocked in the top 10 anymore. Hes almost exclusively being mocked around the 20s.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

#15, #16, #9, #24, #8

I just clicked some random top links from places like Walter Football, NFL, CBS, etc. that have done mocks within the past 2-3 days and those are the numbers Barnett was taken at in the first 5 links I checked.

Who knows where Barnett is actually going to end up, but a lot of other players are being mocked anywhere from a top 10 pick to down in the 20s as well. There seems to be a lot of variance among opinions after the top 5-7ish prospects in this draft.

I'm not huge on Barnett either but he's the most likely pick given who will likely be available IMO.

We brought him in for a visit, sent Guenther and the DL coach to his pro day and have a huge need at end. They aren't scouting him so heavily to take in the 20s.

He's consistently mocked between 8 and the mid teens. It's not outside the realm of possibility we draft him #9 considering the large need at end.

20 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

I'm not huge on Barnett either but he's the most likely pick given who will likely be available IMO.

We brought him in for a visit, sent Guenther and the DL coach to his pro day and have a huge need at end. They aren't scouting him so heavily to take in the 20s.

He's consistently mocked between 8 and the mid teens. It's not outside the realm of possibility we draft him #9 considering the large need at end.

Bengals have heavily scouted guys before just to smokescreen. Not necessarily in round 1 but they've also drafted quite a few guys that they barely met with.  If opinions are mixed internally or they have major questions then they will meet with him more. They don't overly publicly scout guys they are 100% sold on.

maybe they scouted Barnett with the idea of him still being around in R2? seems far-fetched I know, but stranger things have certainly happened before.

personally I don't even have him in my top 30 so to me 41 seems about right.....not saying that's gonna happen, but he'd be an awfully big reach in my eyes if he were taken anywhere in the top 20. 

Archived