Prospects for 2017 Draft

Yeah man. A rookie center is going to come in and easily take the locker room role of a 10 year vet, team captain, multiple time All-Pro that has played more games for the Bengals than anyone else on the roster.
It's so simple!

Yeah he is. Urban meyer has stated there wasnt a word to describe pat elflien. Here are words that come to mind. Leader, captain, 3 time all american, workout worrior, former wrestler, pushes you harder than you thought you could go, etc.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

If he was the next Heath Miller he wouldn't be sliding anywhere near the 4th round.
I understand that every draft pick gets called the next (insert all-pro player) but the reality is they're only the next clueless rookie.  I think around draft time we forget just how big a jump the NFL is in level of competition.  Almost every player in the league was a bad-ass in college.  For many, that was pretty much their ceiling & if they weren't drafted in the first 2-3 rounds we don't even bother to call them a bust.

While thats true, he was a first rounder before the injury. He was a first rounder last year as well before he decided to come back to school.i would take him in 3. I wasnt okay taking him in 3 beofee, but now i am. Reports are hell be ready by august. Before it was suppposed to be most of season missed.

23 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

While thats true, he was a first rounder before the injury. He was a first rounder last year as well before he decided to come back to school.i would take him in 3. I wasnt okay taking him in 3 beofee, but now i am. Reports are hell be ready by august. Before it was suppposed to be most of season missed.

Zero interest in drafting more injured players.

7 hours ago, snarkster said:

Walter is not the best by any means, but interesting - I've seen Thomas listed as high as #2. 

we've heard that Marvin Lewis has very high regard for Solomon Thomas. As of now, I think he'll be the pick if he's available.

So would Myles Garrett.

6 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Yeah he is. Urban meyer has stated there wasnt a word to describe pat elflien. Here are words that come to mind. Leader, captain, 3 time all american, workout worrior, former wrestler, pushes you harder than you thought you could go, etc.

Dude, stop it. Every opinion you have is so hyperbolic and absurdly unrealistic. Calm it down a little bit if you want anyone to continue wasting time discussing this shit with you.

A rookie center is NEVER going to come in and immediately be able to take over the leadership that an All-Pro, 10 year vet gave to the team. It's not going to happen, it's never happened in the history of the NFL, and it's not going to happen with Elflein/Whit. That's it. End of story.

17 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Dude, stop it. Every opinion you have is so hyperbolic and absurdly unrealistic. Calm it down a little bit if you want anyone to continue wasting time discussing this shit with you.

A rookie center is NEVER going to come in and immediately be able to take over the leadership that an All-Pro, 10 year vet gave to the team. It's not going to happen, it's never happened in the history of the NFL, and it's not going to happen with Elflein/Whit. That's it. End of story.

This.  As much as I like Elflein, and believe he could be Whit in a few years, it's not happening as a rookie.

Archived