Bengals' Marvin Lewis: I don't anticipate extension before season

Didn't see it linked anywhere yet. Nothing earth-shattering here and I am sure we have all discussed it plenty and it may be the one thing we are closest to consensus on, but still, it's nice to hear that Marvin may be coming to terms with his Cincinnati coaching mortality. A little bit.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19095719/cincinnati-bengals-coach-marvin-lewis-anticipate-contract-extension-season

Only NFL Coach To Lose His First 7 Playoff Games: CHECK
Only NFL Coach To Lose 7 Straight Playoff Games With The Same Team: CHECK
Only NFL Coach To Lose 7 Straight Playoff Games Period: CHECK
Only NFL Coach To Coach For 14 Straight Years With The Same Team And Not Win A Playoff Game: CHECK

In 21 games he will also (potentially, but probably) become the NFL coach who has coached the most regular season games without a playoff win.

Marvin Lewis, Jim E. Mora thanks you for your continued quest to be the losingest loser and helping him get his name off the top of some very dubious record books.

7 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

This is a mistake, i'd lock him up for another 5 years, he's going to be the hottest coach on the market come February when he's hoisting the Lombardi.

Wait, you get a Lombardi trophy for losing in the playoffs now?

That's awesome!

22 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Only NFL Coach To Lose His First 7 Playoff Games: CHECK
Only NFL Coach To Lose 7 Straight Playoff Games With The Same Team: CHECK
Only NFL Coach To Lose 7 Straight Playoff Games Period: CHECK
Only NFL Coach To Coach For 14 Straight Years With The Same Team And Not Win A Playoff Game: CHECK

In 21 games he will also (potentially, but probably) become the NFL coach who has coached the most regular season games without a playoff win.

Marvin Lewis, Jim E. Mora thanks you for your continued quest to be the losingest loser and helping him get his name off the top of some very dubious record books.

Will be on his HOF plaque

EPIC

8 hours ago, Bengallifer18 said:

We just need to show a little patience with Marvin, 14 years is hardly a large enough sample size to evaluate his success or lack of same. 

I agree, he hasn't even had a chance to put his staff together or install his offense!

On 4/7/2017 at 2:01 PM, omgdrdoom said:

Wait, you get a Lombardi trophy for losing in the playoffs now?

That's awesome!

No not THE Lombardi - he was talking about the pizza from NY.

Archived