Interesting Mock from the dot.com

I think there is a pretty good chance that Allen will be there.  I just don't see him as a great fit for the Bengals, but if he is the BPA then it may be the best pick.

However, my thoughts continue to evolve on this draft and now if we stay at #9 I want Reuben Foster.  I would also love a scenario in which the Bengals traded back into the 20s in order to target Taco.    

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

I just can't see the Bengals taking an undersized, headcase of a LB with an injury history with the #9 overall pick.....it just doesn't add up for them at that spot, IMO. 

Headcase?  One incident, especially after a long day in a medical facility does not constitute a headcase. IMO  

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Headcase?  One incident, especially after a long day in a medical facility does not constitute a headcase.

the rest of the kids went through the exact same thing but for some strange reason Foster was the only one that felt the need to act like a belligerent punk..

1 hour ago, akiliMVP said:

There are other issues. Saban pretty much said he needs a babysitter.

I've never heard anything.

55 minutes ago, spicoli said:

the rest of the kids went through the exact same thing but for some strange reason Foster was the only one that felt the need to act like a belligerent punk..

Still, one incident =/= headcase.

2 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

There are other issues. Saban pretty much said he needs a babysitter.

Link to quote where Saban says he needs a babysitter?  Because every quote I have ever read from Saban has been glowing.

"We never had issues with him," Saban said. "He's always been a great leader. He's a signal caller on defense. He's bright, and he's always been a great team guy and really well-liked by his teammates. If you're looking for a good teammate to be on your team, Reuben's going to be very, very good. If you're looking for someone to be a candy striper and to be nice to everyone at the hospital, then maybe not."

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/03/nick_saban_sheds_light_on_reub.html

Saban says he hopes Foster’s agent, Malki Kawa, provides a comprehensive support network like the one Foster built at Alabama in order to ease his transition into professional life. Adds Saban: “I think it’s important that he has people around him who will provide him good direction, have good experience and the ability to anticipate what’s happening, so you don’t get these emotional responses to things that are insignificant.”

http://mmqb.si.com/nfl-draft-combine-reuben-foster-alabama-hospital-incident-draft-stock

He had quite an effed up childhood I learned from this article. 

Babysitter was a bit of an exaggeration but still. If I'm drafting a guy top 10, he better be able to control himself off the field by himself. Which he showed he couldn't do at the combine. 

He's a good football player no doubt. I worry about the mental aspect of the game for him. Worry about the injuries and concussions. I worry about the off field stuff. He's just not a clean enough prospect for me to take top 10.

If we take him I'll support him. Cautiously optimistic he'll put it all together. I just wouldn't personally make the pick based on the numerous red flags.

Now that I think about....he may be the reason they are holding onto Pacman...yes back to Pacman again.     A guy on the team who has been there done that who can both show what not to do and guide him how to handle things differently than he did.

Just now, Dr Tarzan said:

Now that I think about....he may be the reason they are holding onto Pacman...yes back to Pacman again.     A guy on the team who has been there done that who can both show what not to do and guide him how to handle things differently than he did.

Blind leading the blind!

1 hour ago, Dr Tarzan said:

They're holding onto PacMan so Foster has a late-night runnin' buddy?  :19:

Archived