I picked for the Bengals in our Mock draft

19 minutes ago, Kochman said:

Personally not a fan of it. I dont' like a TE that early. I think Mills is better suited as a 3-4 OLB.  Just my take. Some people love Howard im just not one of them.

Won't hurt my feelings here.  I even said during the first round that I regretted taking Howard with that pick.  There are a ton of really good players in this draft.  I just think Dalton has his limitations so adding another playmaker for him to throw too is never a bad thing.  

49 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Not to start another Dalton thread, but your "limited" QB will pass the Quitter this season in virtually every positive category (in less time)  and will be closing in on St. Norman for the #2 All-Time Bengals QB. 

I didn't mean anything by it.  I would take Andy Dalton 100 times out of 100 then have Alex Smith as my QB. 

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Not to start another Dalton thread, but your "limited" QB will pass the Quitter this season in virtually every positive category (in less time)  and will be closing in on St. Norman for the #2 All-Time Bengals QB. 

Don't even need to compare him to other Bengals QB's as dude is putting up elite numbers, period.  If it wasn't for the very public playoff meltdowns he'd be seen in a much different light, even though the playoff woes go well beyond Dalton.

People keep putting up how andy dalton is a great deep field passer. Aj grren makes him that. Just look at the jets game. Green had a good 7-10 yards on revis but ended up having to box him out for the catch due to underthrow. A 6"4 210+ pounder can make up for the underthrows, a little reciever cant. Btw im an andy dalton lover, but saying hes a drew brees type downfield reciever is asanine. Hes below average.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

It's all good. My mistake for fueling the 9000th Andy Dalton Can't Throw Deep thread.

Yeah you understand.  The truly elite deep-passer QB's that everyone talks about had scrub receivers like Rice or Moss or whoever on their team.  AJ Green is practically throwing the ball to himself.

On 4/13/2017 at 2:11 PM, Le Tigre said:

Better than Kenny Anderson, the guy who took the Bengals to their first Super Bowl and has the best completion % in the NFL...interesting. 

Andy can throw deep, he's just not as good at it as some of his peers.

However, a lot of those guys with the nice and perty (consistent) deep ball don't have the football IQ or Andy's ability at throwing other routes soooooo, meh. I couldn't care less that Jay "somebody please sign me" Cutler and Joe Flaccid could likely out throw Andy 365 days a year in a deep ball competition, Andy is the better QB right now overall which is more important.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:47 AM, jayhawkfan45 said:

I just wanted to see what everyone here thinks of it.  http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306604  Here is our thread.  Here are my picks for the Bengals

O.J. Howard TE

Jordan Willis DE

Chidobe Awuzie CB

Charles Walker DT

Jaylen Reeves Maybin LB

John Toth C

Fish Smithson S

Tanzel Smart DT

I like the first 2 picks.  Was a RB available with the 3rd?  If not, I'm ok with it.  Zane Kicker is the only other guy I really want.

Kirkpatrick, Jones, WJIII, Shaw, Dennard, Awuzie

Kirkpatrick, WJIII, Lattimore, Shaw, Dennard, Russell (or Benwikere)

Kirkpatrick, WJIII, Shaw, Dennard, Awuzie, Russell (or Benwikere)

Kirkpatrick, Jones, WJIII, Lattimore, Shaw, Russell (or Benwikere)

Kirkpatrick, WJIII, Lattimore, Shaw, Russell, Benwikere

Kirkpatrick, WJIII, Shaw, Awuzie, Russell, Benwikere

I think those are a few configurations that aren't out of the realm of possibilities. The first couple are more likely than the others IMO. Playing armchair GM, I'd cut Jones if Lattimore is available at #9 or I'd cut Dennard instead if we take a non-Lattimore CB in the first 3 rounds.

I don't think Darqueze Dennard or Adam Jones have to be on the 53 man roster, but I do believe they both will be.

Archived