Can't take the "Pacman" out of Adam Jones

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sports/pacman-jones-blows-reporter-during-interview/QeIncjhQ1J2EJnUJ2bgYoL/

“Didn’t I just tell you don’t ask me that?” Jones said. “You out the (interview). Turn around. Go back that way. See you. Next question. That’s his last interview for the year.”

The reporter complied, but Jones, who reportedly was taking anger management classes in wake of his arrest, continued to berate the reporter, who had walked clear away from his locker, while walking to the restroom after ending the interview, yelling at him for asking “stupid ass (expletive) questions.”

Jones kept after the reporter after returning for the restroom, telling him to “shut the (expletive) up.” After a couple of teammates tried to calm Jones, Lewis entered the locker room and sat down to talk with him.

lol Pacman being Pacman

beep boop beep, he didn't kill anyone though, fans are idiots beep beep beep

It is truly difficult to believe a few things for me...

1.  How can he be so fucking stupid?

2.  How can decision makers in this organization put up with him making them look ridiculous?

3.  How can you expect anybody to instill any discipline with young players when you see what you let this asshole get away with time and time and time again?

1 hour ago, rcarpenter62 said:

2.  How can decision makers in this organization put up with him making them look ridiculous?

3.  How can you expect anybody to instill any discipline with young players when you see what you let this asshole get away with time and time and time again?

The same way you can let a HC with the worst record in the HISTORY of the NFL in the playoffs keep his job after clearly showing his incompetence and ineptitude. 

I'm trying to figure out what does Pacman have to do to get cut because he clearly can't control his emotions. If this guy played a team in a bigger market with a more aggressive media he would be ran out of town so fast his head would spin.

It makes a ton of sense to keep him. He is going to get suspended and that means how much you pay him and how much he plays goes way down. Lets say it's a 4 or 8 game penalty. That gives us time to see how good Jackson-Russell-Shaw and Dennard can be. If CB seems settled then you immediately cut him off of his suspension. 

Cutting him now is an emotional reactionary move.

1 minute ago, MichaelWeston said:

It makes a ton of sense to keep him. He is going to get suspended and that means how much you pay him and how much he plays goes way down. Lets say it's a 4 or 8 game penalty. That gives us time to see how good Jackson-Russell-Shaw and Dennard can be. If CB seems settled then you immediately cut him off of his suspension. 

Cutting him now is an emotional reactionary move.

I completely disagree, it makes no sense to keep him. You can save millions of dollars, send an example to the young players on the roster that this behaviour won't be tolerated, and show your fans you actually care about the image of the team and the impact's players have on the community. 

Pacman is a embarrassment and a huge liability on and off the field. 

I completely disagree, it makes no sense to keep him. You can save millions of dollars, send an example to the young players on the roster that this behaviour won't be tolerated, and show your fans you actually care about the image of the team and the impact's players have on the community. 

This...All of it....

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

20 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

That sounds like a pretty emotional response. 

11 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I might agree if not for the 10 different times this has hit the news rounds.  The day after it happened, the team response release, the cruiser video, the station video, the report of rehab (or whatever), the coach comment, the owner comment, and now him showing his ass again to a reporter.

It is simply enough already.  It would be enough already if you DID NOT factor in his history of being a lawbreaker, a hot head on the field, and an overall jackass... but if you do add that all together, it sure adds up to a dumb fuck being out of the league entirely.

****unless of course he is under contract with the Bengals.

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

How is this an emotional response? How is saving almost 7 million dollars is emotional response? How is cutting an aging vet that is making millions more than he would anywhere else in the NFL, if he was able to work in the NFL, an emotional response?

You are not making any sense or taking Pacman's criminal history into account. This is not an one time incident, it's a repeated pattern of behavior that is damaging to the success and brand of the organization. 

Y'know, Chris Henry was an Eagle Scout by comparison but when MB forced Marvin to bring him back even after publicly stating he wouldn't, that effectively ruined any credibility Marv had as an authority figure & HC.  I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say the team's discipline issues began with that move.

"He could save the team a lot of money, send a message to the youngsters, and not to mention his skills have rapidly declined"......dude man bro that sounds like an emotional response broham dude.

"He has a family! A FAMILY!!!!".....somehow NOT an emotional response.

This place is fucking bizarro world.

5 hours ago, rcarpenter62 said:

#2:  The decision makers in this organization have come to peace with looking like morons for decades.  The enormous amount of money in their bank accounts tend to be a good pillow on which they can cry themselves to sleep.

#3:  At what point has this team shown any serious interest in discipline?

3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

How is this an emotional response? How is saving almost 7 million dollars is emotional response? How is cutting an aging vet that is making millions more than he would anywhere else in the NFL, if he was able to work in the NFL, an emotional response?

You are not making any sense or taking Pacman's criminal history into account. This is not an one time incident, it's a repeated pattern of behavior that is damaging to the success and brand of the organization. 

Because by any measure that money is make believe. It's either going to be half of that number or 3/4's. Yelling at a reporter isn't a criminal offense. 

You are basically getting an aging corner at the time of the year you need him or you don't need him and you cut him. Send him home for a month. Keep him away from the team for a bit. But cutting him now really doesn't make any sense. 

The only sense it does make was made on another board when the poster said that it sets a dangerous precedence for dealing with these issues in the future. 

Sounds like Adam asked politely not to bring that up. As any journalist trying to make a name or more headlines, he brought it up. I think the journalist should have respected Adam by not asking that question, Adam didn't have to do an interview. Adam should have handed it another way instead of going into pacman mode. Even though I do feel he was disrespected by getting asked a question he asked not to be asked the guy is a joke and should be gone. Guy is in his 30's and hasnt figured out how to conduct himself by now he never will.

1 hour ago, Kochman said:

Sounds like Adam asked politely not to bring that up. As any journalist trying to make a name or more headlines, he brought it up. I think the journalist should have respected Adam by not asking that question, Adam didn't have to do an interview. Adam should have handed it another way instead of going into pacman mode. Even though I do feel he was disrespected by getting asked a question he asked not to be asked the guy is a joke and should be gone. Guy is in his 30's and hasnt figured out how to conduct himself by now he never will.

Are you talking about the reporter or Jones?

Archived