Can't take the "Pacman" out of Adam Jones

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

The most interesting part of this thread is to learn Adam is in Anger Management .... glad to hear that actually from a Adam the person point of view.

It was to look good in court. His focus needs to be AA and rehab even moreso than anger management. Most of his incidents on and off the field are a result of him being drunk at the time.

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

Because by any measure that money is make believe. It's either going to be half of that number or 3/4's. Yelling at a reporter isn't a criminal offense. 

You are basically getting an aging corner at the time of the year you need him or you don't need him and you cut him. Send him home for a month. Keep him away from the team for a bit. But cutting him now really doesn't make any sense. 

The only sense it does make was made on another board when the poster said that it sets a dangerous precedence for dealing with these issues in the future. 

Not quite sure what you mean by that, please clarify. As far as I know it's pretty straight forward, if he's cut it's almost 7 million in savings. 

If you have to send him home from the first day of OTA's because he can't handle a question from a reporter then you have a big problem. 

Lastly you say cutting Pacman it doesn't make any sense, then admit that does make sense...lol. You still haven't told me why it's an emotional response to cut him, there is no strategic advantage to keeping this guy on the team, he doesn't add much value and he's a distraction. Pacman reaction to the reporter doing his job is an emotional response, cutting him is a logical reponse. 

45 minutes ago, Kochman said:

Sounds like Adam asked politely not to bring that up. As any journalist trying to make a name or more headlines, he brought it up. I think the journalist should have respected Adam by not asking that question, Adam didn't have to do an interview. Adam should have handed it another way instead of going into pacman mode. Even though I do feel he was disrespected by getting asked a question he asked not to be asked the guy is a joke and should be gone. Guy is in his 30's and hasnt figured out how to conduct himself by now he never will.

You've got to be kidding me, what does Pacman think reporters want to talk with him about? Where he took his kids for spring break or had for Easter dinner? Any reporter that interviews Pacman and doesn't bring up his latest off the field adventure with the police isn't doing their job and should be fired. The press doesn't owe this guy any favors and he should be lucky he's in a sleepy market like Cincy, could you imagine Pacman in NYC trying to deal with their press corps and pulling this bs. 

Bottomline is this guy is a Barney's and Bailey's level clown and whether you think it's an emotional response or not, he should have been cut months ago. His presence in PBS is an affront to Paul Brown's legacy, a distraction for the other players that will now have to field questions about this clown's inability to handle getting asked questions about why he can't stay out of trouble, and living reminder to the ineptitude of the FO of the Bengals. 

As a fan I don't want this to be the reality, but it is. I'm not going to delude myself and let my affection for this football team blind me to the facts and reality of the situation. It doesn't make me any less of a fan because I think MB and Marvin are inept and need to be replaced as the GM and HC, and that Pacman is a world class POS that shouldn't be on the team. He proves it everytime something doesn't go his way or gets emotional. 

15 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

You've got to be kidding me, what does Pacman think reporters want to talk with him about? Where he took his kids for spring break or had for Easter dinner? Any reporter that interviews Pacman and doesn't bring up his latest off the field adventure with the police isn't doing their job and should be fired. The press doesn't owe this guy any favors and he should be lucky he's in a sleepy market like Cincy, could you imagine Pacman in NYC trying to deal with their press corps and pulling this bs. 

Bottomline is this guy is a Barney's and Bailey's level clown and whether you think it's an emotional response or not, he should have been cut months ago. His presence in PBS is an affront to Paul Brown's legacy, a distraction for the other players that will now have to field questions about this clown's inability to handle getting asked questions about why he can't stay out of trouble, and living reminder to the ineptitude of the FO of the Bengals. 

As a fan I don't want this to be the reality, but it is. I'm not going to delude myself and let my affection for this football team blind me to the facts and reality of the situation. It doesn't make me any less of a fan because I think MB and Marvin are inept and need to be replaced as the GM and HC, and that Pacman is a world class POS that shouldn't be on the team. He proves it everytime something doesn't go his way or gets emotional. 

sounds like someone is getting a little emotional now. My point is Adam didn't have to do an interview and why would he want to if those questions are asked. He asked not to be asked those questions, they were asked and he acted a fool.  I think he should have been gone with his newest arrest. He is a horrible image for the Bengals and the nfl.

26 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Not quite sure what you mean by that, please clarify. As far as I know it's pretty straight forward, if he's cut it's almost 7 million in savings. 

If you have to send him home from the first day of OTA's because he can't handle a question from a reporter then you have a big problem. 

Lastly you say cutting Pacman it doesn't make any sense, then admit that does make sense...lol. You still haven't told me why it's an emotional response to cut him, there is no strategic advantage to keeping this guy on the team, he doesn't add much value and he's a distraction. Pacman reaction to the reporter doing his job is an emotional response, cutting him is a logical reponse. 

Its emotional because your angry at him for being an idiot. I'm not blaming you I had the same response. Then when I thought about it I realized we just have a drunk guy resisting arrest. I wouldn't fire you for being an idiot once. 

When it comes to paying him he won't see that number because he is going to get suspended. I can't remember his last suspension but I wouldn't be surprised if this one was 8 games. League will be overzealous because its a bengal. That means we pay him 3.5 million and save that money anyway (I think). So you get a vet corner, week 8 when you might need him and he isnt tired from playing a full season. If the other guys are playing great then you cut him then. And you save all that money. Also we are not using that money for anything right now. 

9 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Its emotional because your angry at him for being an idiot. I'm not blaming you I had the same response. Then when I thought about it I realized we just have a drunk guy resisting arrest. I wouldn't fire you for being an idiot once. 

Is.....is............is this serious? Is that for real, actually, seriously your comment in regards to Adam "don't call me Pacman" Jones??

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

Dude, for fucking real? For once, I don't even know what to say right now. :huh:

edit: Okay, let's be real for a second my man, how on earth can you make a comment like that implying that Adam Jones has only "been an idiot once"??? I wouldn't fire anyone for being an idiot once either (well, unless it's something like murder), but this ain't Adam's first rodeo, and I'm shocked to hear someone that pays so much attention to things make that type of comment.

44 minutes ago, Rumble In the Jungle said:

The one opportunity he had to turn this around and get the fans back on his side he shows his true colors. Fuck this guy. I don't blame him though. I blame the owner for keeping him around and enabling him.

I think Mike Brown is scared he will assault him if he releases him. Its a joke.

12 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

It was to look good in court. His focus needs to be AA and rehab even moreso than anger management. Most of his incidents on and off the field are a result of him being drunk at the time.

Drunk during games?... I highly doubt that.

On 4/17/2017 at 11:55 PM, Kochman said:

sounds like someone is getting a little emotional now. My point is Adam didn't have to do an interview and why would he want to if those questions are asked. He asked not to be asked those questions, they were asked and he acted a fool.  I think he should have been gone with his newest arrest. He is a horrible image for the Bengals and the nfl.

I'm not emotional, nowhere in my post do say I'm angry, sad, etc..

On 4/17/2017 at 11:59 PM, MichaelWeston said:

When it comes to paying him he won't see that number because he is going to get suspended. I can't remember his last suspension but I wouldn't be surprised if this one was 8 games. League will be overzealous because its a bengal. That means we pay him 3.5 million and save that money anyway (I think). So you get a vet corner, week 8 when you might need him and he isnt tired from playing a full season. If the other guys are playing great then you cut him then. And you save all that money. Also we are not using that money for anything right now. 

Not sure why you keep saying I'm getting emotional, it's kind of weird. It's like you want me to be emotional so you can invalidate my points, but that is not the case. 

I never said I was angry at Pacman, why would be angry at him for being who he is? I blame the organization for keeping him around, but I'm not angry with them either because they are incompetent and inept. MB clearly thinks he's doing the right thing to help his team win, which is sad. I feel sorry for guys like Green, Atkins, and Dunlap because they are quality players that could start on any other team in the NFL at their respective positions but they are here dealing with inept owners and selfish team mates that put their emotional needs before the success of the team. 

As for your scenario of why the Bengals are keeping him on the roster it still doesn't make since because they could save more money if they cut him. If Pacman were suspended and couldn't come to the facility for at least 2 months what do you think he's going to do, I would bet dollars to doughnuts getting arrested is involved. A 33 year old corner that hasn't practiced in 8 weeks isn't going to be much help in the middle of the season. He's not the most reliable guy, I wouldn't want to count on him to get my mail if I was going out of town and I certainly wouldn't count on him staying in shape so that he could jump into the middle of a season. 

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

I'm not emotional, nowhere in my post do say I'm angry, sad, etc..

Not sure why you keep saying I'm getting emotional, it's kind of weird. It's like you want me to be emotional so you can invalid my points, but that is not the case. 

I never said I was angry at Pacman, why would be angry at him for being who he is? I blame the organization for keeping him around, but I'm not angry with them either because they are incompetent and inept. MB clearly thinks he's doing the right thing to help his team win, which is sad. I feel sorry for guys like Green, Atkins, and Dunlap because they are quality players that could start on any other team in the NFL at their respective positions but they are here dealing with inept owners and selfish team mates that put their emotional needs before the success of the team. 

As for your scenario of why the Bengals are keeping on the roster it still doesn't make since because they could save more money if they cut him. If Pacman were suspended and couldn't come to the facility for at least 2 months what do you think he's going to do, I would bet dollars to doughnuts getting arrested is involved. A 33 year old corner that hasn't practiced in 8 weeks isn't going to be much help in the middle of the season. He's not the most reliable guy, I wouldn't want to count on him to get my mail if I was going out of town and I certainly wouldn't count on him staying in shape so that he could jump into the middle of a season. 

You asked me to explain why I said you were emotional than I explained it.

They can save money if they cut him sure, but then they don't have him to potentially play. Which they clearly want. 

15 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

You asked me to explain why I said you were emotional than I explained it.

They can save money if they cut him sure, but then they don't have him to potentially play. Which they clearly want. 

Anything to my response to your "I wouldn't fire you for being an idiot once" statement? Seriously, I'd love to hear an explanation for that. We're in a discussion about Adam Jones, who has been arrested far more than 1 time, and you make that comment. It seems like you're being "emotional" if you're refusing to look at Adam's history in an objective manner.

On 4/18/2017 at 5:24 PM, TimKrumrieFan said:

Definite. Seen him do it, heard him admit it first hand too.  Far from the only player that's played games drunk and we aren't just talking NFL football.

Isn't that risky? With all of the drugs the team medical staff shoots into these guys... 

Mixing alcohol with a large amount of steroids may increase this risk, although this is uncertain. Some serious side effects include pancreatitis, coughing up blood, swelling, rapid weight gain, eye pain, seeing halos, low potassium (which can cause an uneven heartbeat, muscular weakness, and other effects), and dangerously high blood pressure, which can be indicated by a severe headache, seizure, uneven heartbeat, chest pain, and other symptoms. Less serious symptoms caused by steroid use include insomnia, mood changes, acne, slower healing, dizziness, and changes in the shape or location of body fat.

The cortisone shots they give out like gold stickers at a school for the mentally challenged are steroids. You can reasonably assume that Jones has a chronic peptic ulcer at the very least. Combine that with the physical effects of long term alcoholism and long term steroid abuse... Life after football is going to be hard but brief for Adam Jones. Hmmm.... If Marvin and Mikey really gave two shits about his family and him as a person, they might do something to try and help him.

Oh, wait, he's just another body in the concussion factory. They only pull the "we care about him" routine when they need you to forget whatever was in the news last night. Kind of like how Hog farmers act like their pigs are raised in a country club every time you see a slaughter-house on TV. "Naw sir, we raise our pigs in the lap of luxury right up to the point where we slit their throats for bleeding. We really care about them." (To the counter that Jones makes good money - farm hogs eat really well too.)

He's a body they can throw out there that's a "bargain". High quality people like Whitworth? They're overpriced. That's why Jones won't be cut, and we'll continually lose out on guys like Whit.

40 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

From when Pacman arrived in 2009 thru 2015 he was paid a total of $10 million.  I am sure the true love felt by Mike Brown was because he was able to pay a pro bowl quality DB peanuts to play here.

IIRC dude was a bit of a pariah when he signed here.  No question he came with considerable baggage.

8 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Isn't that risky? With all of the drugs the team medical staff shoots into these guys... 

The cortisone shots they give out like gold stickers at a school for the mentally challenged are steroids. You can reasonably assume that Jones has a chronic peptic ulcer at the very least. Combine that with the physical effects of long term alcoholism and long term steroid abuse... Life after football is going to be hard but brief for Adam Jones. Hmmm.... If Marvin and Mikey really gave two shits about his family and him as a person, they might do something to try and help him.

Oh, wait, he's just another body in the concussion factory. They only pull the "we care about him" routine when they need you to forget whatever was in the news last night. Kind of like how Hog farmers act like their pigs are raised in a country club every time you see a slaughter-house on TV. "Naw sir, we raise our pigs in the lap of luxury right up to the point where we slit their throats for bleeding. We really care about them." (To the counter that Jones makes good money - farm hogs eat really well too.)

He's a body they can throw out there that's a "bargain". High quality people like Whitworth? They're overpriced. That's why Jones won't be cut, and we'll continually lose out on guys like Whit.

Those are corticosteroids.  Not the same as anabolic steroids used for building muscle, growing foreheads, and creating 360lb offensive linemen.  A simple explanation:  http://www.takerx.com/steroids.html

Archived