Jump to content

omgdrdoom

Can't take the "Pacman" out of Adam Jones

Recommended Posts

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sports/pacman-jones-blows-reporter-during-interview/QeIncjhQ1J2EJnUJ2bgYoL/

“Didn’t I just tell you don’t ask me that?” Jones said. “You out the (interview). Turn around. Go back that way. See you. Next question. That’s his last interview for the year.”

The reporter complied, but Jones, who reportedly was taking anger management classes in wake of his arrest, continued to berate the reporter, who had walked clear away from his locker, while walking to the restroom after ending the interview, yelling at him for asking “stupid ass (expletive) questions.”

Jones kept after the reporter after returning for the restroom, telling him to “shut the (expletive) up.” After a couple of teammates tried to calm Jones, Lewis entered the locker room and sat down to talk with him.

lol Pacman being Pacman

beep boop beep, he didn't kill anyone though, fans are idiots beep beep beep

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You forgot..He's a great guy and you don't know what he goes through.

It is Unreal that this asshole can continue to act the way he does over and over and over.

This fucking guy!!!

#teamcaptain


Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You forgot..He's a great guy and you don't know what he goes through.

It is Unreal that this asshole can continue to act the way he does over and over and over.

This fucking guy!!!

#teamcaptain


Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is truly difficult to believe a few things for me...

 

1.  How can he be so fucking stupid?

2.  How can decision makers in this organization put up with him making them look ridiculous?

3.  How can you expect anybody to instill any discipline with young players when you see what you let this asshole get away with time and time and time again?

  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody post the video which is the most similar to this incident: Hal McRae Goes Nuts. 

My all-time favorite, with Lee Elia cursing out Cub fans a close second. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rcarpenter62 said:

It is truly difficult to believe a few things for me...

 

1.  How can he be so fucking stupid?

2.  How can decision makers in this organization put up with him making them look ridiculous?

3.  How can you expect anybody to instill any discipline with young players when you see what you let this asshole get away with time and time and time again?

The same way you can let a HC with the worst record in the HISTORY of the NFL in the playoffs keep his job after clearly showing his incompetence and ineptitude. 

I'm trying to figure out what does Pacman have to do to get cut because he clearly can't control his emotions. If this guy played a team in a bigger market with a more aggressive media he would be ran out of town so fast his head would spin.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the mind of MB the Bengals are an NFL-subsidized charity organization that sometimes participates in games of football.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes a ton of sense to keep him. He is going to get suspended and that means how much you pay him and how much he plays goes way down. Lets say it's a 4 or 8 game penalty. That gives us time to see how good Jackson-Russell-Shaw and Dennard can be. If CB seems settled then you immediately cut him off of his suspension. 

Cutting him now is an emotional reactionary move.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MichaelWeston said:

It makes a ton of sense to keep him. He is going to get suspended and that means how much you pay him and how much he plays goes way down. Lets say it's a 4 or 8 game penalty. That gives us time to see how good Jackson-Russell-Shaw and Dennard can be. If CB seems settled then you immediately cut him off of his suspension. 

Cutting him now is an emotional reactionary move.

 

I completely disagree, it makes no sense to keep him. You can save millions of dollars, send an example to the young players on the roster that this behaviour won't be tolerated, and show your fans you actually care about the image of the team and the impact's players have on the community. 

Pacman is a embarrassment and a huge liability on and off the field. 

  • Upvote 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I completely disagree, it makes no sense to keep him. You can save millions of dollars, send an example to the young players on the roster that this behaviour won't be tolerated, and show your fans you actually care about the image of the team and the impact's players have on the community. 
Pacman is a embarrassment and a huge liability on and off the field. 



This...All of it....


Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I completely disagree, it makes no sense to keep him. You can save millions of dollars, send an example to the young players on the roster that this behaviour won't be tolerated, and show your fans you actually care about the image of the team and the impact's players have on the community. 

Pacman is a embarrassment and a huge liability on and off the field. 

That sounds like a pretty emotional response. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

That sounds like a pretty emotional response. 

I might agree if not for the 10 different times this has hit the news rounds.  The day after it happened, the team response release, the cruiser video, the station video, the report of rehab (or whatever), the coach comment, the owner comment, and now him showing his ass again to a reporter.

 

It is simply enough already.  It would be enough already if you DID NOT factor in his history of being a lawbreaker, a hot head on the field, and an overall jackass... but if you do add that all together, it sure adds up to a dumb fuck being out of the league entirely.

 

****unless of course he is under contract with the Bengals.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

That sounds like a pretty emotional response. 

How is this an emotional response? How is saving almost 7 million dollars is emotional response? How is cutting an aging vet that is making millions more than he would anywhere else in the NFL, if he was able to work in the NFL, an emotional response?

You are not making any sense or taking Pacman's criminal history into account. This is not an one time incident, it's a repeated pattern of behavior that is damaging to the success and brand of the organization. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'know, Chris Henry was an Eagle Scout by comparison but when MB forced Marvin to bring him back even after publicly stating he wouldn't, that effectively ruined any credibility Marv had as an authority figure & HC.  I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say the team's discipline issues began with that move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"He could save the team a lot of money, send a message to the youngsters, and not to mention his skills have rapidly declined"......dude man bro that sounds like an emotional response broham dude.

"He has a family! A FAMILY!!!!".....somehow NOT an emotional response.

This place is fucking bizarro world.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Marvswaggle's annual training camp t-shirt...

I BACK THE PAC

This is fuckin great. I want one. 😂😂😂

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rcarpenter62 said:

It is truly difficult to believe a few things for me...

 

1.  How can he be so fucking stupid?

2.  How can decision makers in this organization put up with him making them look ridiculous?

3.  How can you expect anybody to instill any discipline with young players when you see what you let this asshole get away with time and time and time again?

#2:  The decision makers in this organization have come to peace with looking like morons for decades.  The enormous amount of money in their bank accounts tend to be a good pillow on which they can cry themselves to sleep.

 

#3:  At what point has this team shown any serious interest in discipline?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

How is this an emotional response? How is saving almost 7 million dollars is emotional response? How is cutting an aging vet that is making millions more than he would anywhere else in the NFL, if he was able to work in the NFL, an emotional response?

You are not making any sense or taking Pacman's criminal history into account. This is not an one time incident, it's a repeated pattern of behavior that is damaging to the success and brand of the organization. 

Because by any measure that money is make believe. It's either going to be half of that number or 3/4's. Yelling at a reporter isn't a criminal offense. 

You are basically getting an aging corner at the time of the year you need him or you don't need him and you cut him. Send him home for a month. Keep him away from the team for a bit. But cutting him now really doesn't make any sense. 

The only sense it does make was made on another board when the poster said that it sets a dangerous precedence for dealing with these issues in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most interesting part of this thread is to learn Adam is in Anger Management .... glad to hear that actually from a Adam the person point of view.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Adam asked politely not to bring that up. As any journalist trying to make a name or more headlines, he brought it up. I think the journalist should have respected Adam by not asking that question, Adam didn't have to do an interview. Adam should have handed it another way instead of going into pacman mode. Even though I do feel he was disrespected by getting asked a question he asked not to be asked the guy is a joke and should be gone. Guy is in his 30's and hasnt figured out how to conduct himself by now he never will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kochman said:

Sounds like Adam asked politely not to bring that up. As any journalist trying to make a name or more headlines, he brought it up. I think the journalist should have respected Adam by not asking that question, Adam didn't have to do an interview. Adam should have handed it another way instead of going into pacman mode. Even though I do feel he was disrespected by getting asked a question he asked not to be asked the guy is a joke and should be gone. Guy is in his 30's and hasnt figured out how to conduct himself by now he never will.

Are you talking about the reporter or Jones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×