With the possibility of trading McCarron still on the radar the Bengals might be on the market for a QB relatively early. With McCarron's success and keeping Driskel on the 53 man all year I don't expect an early investment even if an opening at backup QB arises. A QB being picked somewhere from Round 5 to never seems about right. 

With that said who are your options?

My take. 

I have heard up to 8 names who may be drafted on the first two days (Tribusky-Watson-Mahones-Kizer-Webb-Dobbs-Peterman-Kaaya).  With teams still needing QBs (Browns-Jets-Texans-49ers), teams with questions at QB (Bills-Chiefs-Jaguars-Bears) and teams with aging QBs (Giants-Stealers-Cardinals-Saints-Chargers) this doesn't seem like it would be impossible. However this has been talked about as a week QB draft and the recent history of QBs being drafted says that is unlikely. 

2016 15 total QBS, 3 (first), 1 (second), 2 (third), 3 (fourth)
2015 7 total QBS, 2 (first), 2 (third), 1 (fourth)
2014 14 total QBS, 3 (first), 2 (second), 2 (fourth)
2014 11 total QBs, 1 (first), 1 (second, 1 (third), 4 (fourth)

So there is hope that one of that top group falls to the 5th if we have traded McCarron. 

My favorites in the 2 groups would be
5th rounders
Dobbs (My favorite of the entire class behind Tribusky in terms of Developmental QBs)
Webb-Peterman-Kaaya
Later and undrafted
Terrell-Knight-Kiel-Hill-Sloter

I expect some of the more black and white thinkers of the group that like to deal in absolutes to say Webb and Peterman will never fall that far. While that seems to be the common thought for this group, remember that is how we got McCarron in the first place. 

Archived