My Dream First 3 Round Picks

Would anybody shit if Cam Robinson is there at 41 and we take him? Probably won't since the org has more confidence in the OL than we do.

What about Godwin in the 2nd? If they don't get a WR in the first 2 rounds, I don't think they will get one at all.

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

Would anybody shit if Cam Robinson is there at 41 and we take him? Probably won't since the org has more confidence in the OL than we do.

What about Godwin in the 2nd? If they don't get a WR in the first 2 rounds, I don't think they will get one at all.

I disagree the WR class is pretty deep this year; Josh Reynolds, Josh Malone, Kenny Galladay, Malachi Dupree, Travin Dural, etc... are all players that should be picked in rounds 3-7 that could have very productive NFL careers. 

Besides I don't think the Bengals have a great need at WR, they have their top 3 guys in place and solid depth with guys like Core, Erickson, Kumerow, Russell, etc. Sure they could use more competition on the back end of the depth chart but nothing that would warrant an early draft pick. 

43 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I disagree the WR class is pretty deep this year; Josh Reynolds, Josh Malone, Kenny Galladay, Malachi Dupree, Travin Dural, etc... are all players that should be picked in rounds 3-7 that could have very productive NFL careers. 

Besides I don't think the Bengals have a great need at WR, they have their top 3 guys in place and solid depth with guys like Core, Erickson, Kumerow, Russell, etc. Sure they could use more competition on the back end of the depth chart but nothing that would warrant an early draft pick. 

I think they're good at WR also, but my take is that they won't get one unless there is a big steal early that they can't refuse.

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

Very possible, but I have seen him projected in the 3rd on some boards.

If he's there at 41 I don't think the Bengals would be able to pass on him there.  But I do like your draft a lot.

52 minutes ago, Jason said:

If he's there at 41 I don't think the Bengals would be able to pass on him there.  But I do like your draft a lot.

Thanks. You are probably right about Mixon. He would probably be the most realistic pick of the 3, but at 2nd instead of third like you were saying.

41 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Would you deal back in round 1 for an extra 2 if you could still take Cam Robinson and then add say, Mixon and McKinley or Cunningham in 2?

It depends. If Allen, Thomas or Barnett are still there when we pick, it would be hard to trade back. 

16 hours ago, Hooky said:

What are the chances that these 3 fall to us? I think 2 is most unlikely:

1st - Jonathan Allen

2nd - Tak McKinley

3rd - Joe Mixon

My 2 cents on the odds...

Allen- 50% The combo of poor testing and history of shoulder issues makes it reasonable for him to fall. Especially if a QB or two sneak into the top 8. Could definitely see him as our pick at 9. 

McKinley-10% Edge rushers with speed and length always get pushed up. I think he's a mid-1st and if he makes it past there, most of the teams drafting in the late 1st need pass rushers. Would love him in round 2, just don't see it. 

Joe Mixon-15% I'd put it at about 50% he makes it to our 2nd rounder. Always tough to judge with character guys, but I think his talent is so high (possible top 5-10 overall pick without the video) that he ends up in the 20-50 range.

7 hours ago, happyrid said:

My 2 cents on the odds...

Allen- 50% The combo of poor testing and history of shoulder issues makes it reasonable for him to fall. Especially if a QB or two sneak into the top 8. Could definitely see him as our pick at 9. 

McKinley-10% Edge rushers with speed and length always get pushed up. I think he's a mid-1st and if he makes it past there, most of the teams drafting in the late 1st need pass rushers. Would love him in round 2, just don't see it. 

Joe Mixon-15% I'd put it at about 50% he makes it to our 2nd rounder. Always tough to judge with character guys, but I think his talent is so high (possible top 5-10 overall pick without the video) that he ends up in the 20-50 range.

Great points. To re-iterate, this is my dream draft. I am predicting that we will only get Mixon out of the three. My prediction is:

1st - Barnett

2nd - Mixon

3rd - No idea.

9 hours ago, Mikey6866 said:

My dream would be to trade back with cle to 12 and pick up pick 33 and trade mccaron to jets for their 2 and sheldon richardson.

12. John ross

33. Rueben foster

39. Dalvin cook

41. Demarcus walker.

3rd - elflein 

Now thats a dream.

Love it except Foster. I'm not sure why I'm so adamantly opposed to getting him. I just am.

On 4/25/2017 at 7:42 AM, Hooky said:

What are the chances that these 3 fall to us? I think 2 is most unlikely:

1st - Jonathan Allen

2nd - Tak McKinley

3rd - Joe Mixon

I'm glad we didn't get Tak. He's bat shit.

2 hours ago, jmckbengal said:

I think Cook goes to GB but we can hope

I think Kamara might be more likely.  I here Cook has even more character issues than Mixon and GB tends to stay away from those guys.

Also hearing Kizer whispers.

Archived