Bengals Draft Party

10 hours ago, Dr Tarzan said:

Anyone from GB going this Thur, besides me, that is?    And has anyone been before that can tell give a heads up about what to look for.

I'm not going but have been before.

What to look for is a lot of standing around.

After the pick, Marvin will grace you with his presence and knob slobber the stiff they drafted.

not to be a downer, and i hope it got better, but its rather boring, they gave away previous year madden video games and some prizes, a player or two coems you can talk to or get pics..

mediocre food options. its better than sitting home alone, id go again if i lived there... but keep those expectations low.. 

2 hours ago, GoBengals said:

not to be a downer, and i hope it got better, but its rather boring, they gave away previous year madden video games and some prizes, a player or two coems you can talk to or get pics..

mediocre food options. its better than sitting home alone, id go again if i lived there... but keep those expectations low.. 

This. It was way better when the draft was on Saturday/Sunday.  They were able to do more and it was during the day, lots of players would come and also multiple picks that day.  The new format makes it kind of blah.

13 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

This. It was way better when the draft was on Saturday/Sunday.  They were able to do more and it was during the day, lots of players would come and also multiple picks that day.  The new format makes it kind of blah.

I still wish the draft was like the old format, I find myself not watching it at all these days. Thursday night by the time I get off work and home from the gym and make dinner I'm too tired to care, Friday I usually go out and see a movie or something and by the time the weekend comes I dont care about the later round picks. When it was the old format I'd sit and home and watch the entire draft.

Although I do like that they are doing the draft in other cities besides NYC now.

8 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I still wish the draft was like the old format, I find myself not watching it at all these days. Thursday night by the time I get off work and home from the gym and make dinner I'm too tired to care, Friday I usually go out and see a movie or something and by the time the weekend comes I dont care about the later round picks. When it was the old format I'd sit and home and watch the entire draft.

Although I do like that they are doing the draft in other cities besides NYC now.

That's why we are picking earlier this year.... :(

The new draft format is representative of everything that's wrong with the NFL...money. They have "created" interest where there was none before and just utterly saturated television with the NFL to the point where you can't escape it and as a result it doesn't feel as special as it once did. Fuck, they even make a huge to-do over releasing the damn schedule now. Whoopty-do, we can all read.

Archived