First round draft talk

Schefter was on Mike and Mike this morning and said he has heard from multiple sources the Browns are leaning Trubisky with the #1 pick. Also Mcshay has Trubisky going 1st to Browns in his final mock.

If Trubisky goes 1, Garrett is 2 to SF unless someone trades up for him. Then Adams 3 to Chicago.

Jacksonville is where it becomes a crap shoot. Rumor they go QB. Bortles' 5th year option hasn't been exercised yet. Deadline is next week. Coughlin loves Watson supposedly.

I hope the Browns take him with the first pick, the Bengals are going to need all the easy wins they can get this year. 

Trubisky is the 2017 version of Blaine Gabbert, he couldn't even beat out Marquis Williams for the starting job and only started 13 games...I sincerely hope the Browns take him. 

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

The more QB's early the better.  Less chance of a reach at #9.

That's what I'm thinking. If 2 QBs go in the top 8, we're in a great position to grab a top prospect.

Who knows what's going to happen though. Mocks are all over the place right now by the "experts". I see guys like Hooker, Allen, Lattimore, Trubisky, Watson, McCaffrey, and the 3 WRs all over the place in the 1st round.

37 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

CBS Sports - 6 Mocks, and 6 different guys going to the Bengals.

And if Cincy draft history holds up, none of those 6 will be the guy.

Lap has shot called a lot of our 1st rounders lately, even that we would take a TE/Eifert that year, can't remember if he said TE or Eifert by name but either way not many folks expected that one. Word is that he's said Ross will be the pick (fuck my life) if Allen isn't there (please, please, please) and Fournette isn't there (fuck my life but I'd take him over Ross).

We've had some pretty crazy drafts lately, I could see us ending up with a guy no one is even talking about very much or that not many people expect. Like T-Dub said though, 1 trade can easily blow it all up so I'm actually hoping there are at least 1 or 2 top 10 trades so we can see an interesting draft night.

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

I hope the Browns take him with the first pick, the Bengals are going to need all the easy wins they can get this year. 

Trubisky is the 2017 version of Blaine Gabbert, he couldn't even beat out Marquis Williams for the starting job and only started 13 games...I sincerely hope the Browns take him. 

I saw some turd fans on a blog saying that they will be pissed if they get Miles Garrett. Saying he's way over-rated. If so, it would be win win for us if they pick Turdisky or Garrett.

I think Deshaun Watson is going to be a really really good QB, I hope he goes to the NFC. He looks like a larger better  Dak Prescott

If the Bengals can figure out a way to Trade McCarron for a late 1st and draft Watson, I'd be elated. I don't see it happening, but I'd be all for it.

32 minutes ago, Dautcom08 said:

It seems everyone is on the Trubisky at #1 overall scent now.  Seeing sooo many mocks changed or put out today with him at the top.

I think Bengals may end up with their dream scenario playing out and ending up with Thomas.

Yeah i think it's a matter of fact that, thomas, allen or Hooker will be there, if 1 of these guys is and we pass I'm be so damn pissed off.

Just now, T-Dub said:

Barring any unplanned interruptions, like Goodell having to blow Jerry Jones back to life, around what time will the Bengals be announcing their pick NFL Network be going to commercial as our pick comes in?

8mins  x 8 = about 64 minutes, so i'd say around 9pm is when I'd guess.

48 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

No way is the ESPNFLN going over an hour w/o a commercial.  They;ll probably waste a good 20-30m on their usual circlejerk before they even get to the first pick.

I know. I meant that they will go to break when we go on the clock. Or talk about the previous pick the whole time.

Archived