First round draft talk

Unless Thomas, Hooker, Allen or even Fournette is there at 9, I'd hope the Bengals take Foster. I know he's had a terrible off season but him and Burfict together makes sense. They're actually talking on NFLN about Foster possibly going 2 to SF. I highly doubt that. Outside of OL, LB is probably the weak spot on the team. Foster is going to come into the league mad as hell. Hurry up 8 PM.

Two QB's in the first eight would be a dream scenario.  Not liking the idea of Ross, McCafferey or Foster.  Great with Allen, Barnett or Thomas.  Not the highest of needs, but would still be good with Adams, Hooker,Lattimore or Howard.  If Stains stick with Garrett, one or fewer QB's are gone and someone wants to swap q's plus their two or three to jump in front of The at 12, any chance of trading back for another premium pick?  Anyone think McWebb goes anywhere?

7 minutes ago, BlackBengal said:

If the Browns stick with Garrett and then there is a bit of a run on QBs before 12,(Trubisky, Watson gone), I could see the Browns' brass giving Hue the green light to trade the #12 for McCarron.  

I think it's more likely the Browns package the 12 with other picks to move up to 5 to grab Trubisky(assuming he doesn't go 2-4)to get ahead of the Jets

McCarron for a shot at say Allen/Thomas and Foster?  Yes please.

11 minutes ago, BlackBengal said:

If the Browns stick with Garrett and then there is a bit of a run on QBs before 12,(Trubisky, Watson gone), I could see the Browns' brass giving Hue the green light to trade the #12 for McCarron.  Two QB's in the first eight would be a dream scenario.  Not liking the idea of Ross, McCafferey or Foster.  Great with Allen, Barnett or Thomas.  Not the highest of needs, but would still be good with Adams, Hooker,Lattimore or Howard.  If Stains stick with Garrett, one or fewer QB's are gone and someone wants to swap q's plus their two or three to jump in front of The at 12, any chance of trading back for another premium pick?  Anyone think McWebb goes anywhere?

40 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

I would be blown away if they draft Ross with Hooker and Allen on the board. Just nuts.

I will flat out lose it if Hooker in particular is available & they don't grab him.  He was the best center field safety that I have seen that can play within the new rules of football as they are today.  The dude covered so much ground at times it was truly hard to believe.  He took perfect angles and played the ball perfectly.  The best thing is he has barely played football in the grand scheme of things... I don't think he has scratched the surface of what he could become.

Just now, rcarpenter62 said:

I will flat out lose it if Hooker in particular is available & they don't grab him.  That dude has barely played football and was the best center field safety that I have seen that can play within the new rules of football as they are today.  The dude covered so much ground at times it was truly hard to believe.  He took perfect angles and played the ball perfectly.  The best thing is he has barely played football in the grand scheme of things... I don't think he has scratched the surface of what he could become.

Agreed, him and Illoka would be a nightmare combo.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Barring any unplanned interruptions, like Goodell having to blow Jerry Jones back to life, around what time will the Bengals be announcing their pick NFL Network be going to commercial as our pick comes in?

9:27

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/what-time-does-the-nfl-draft-start-tv-guide-channel-042717

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Since no one on this board has mentioned his name... I think the Bengals take Charles Harris at #9.

That would save me $50. :lol: 

So is this the thread for discussion in draft?

If so,

NO SPOILERS!!!!

:smile:   

Cranjis McBasketball‏ @CJAnthonyCUI 
Rapoport just said John Ross could slip late first to early second with injury concerns...

Chase Goodbread‏ @ChaseGoodbread
Sounding like Charles Harris will get a draft call before Derek Barnett.

Jordan Raanan‏ @JordanRaanan
Not sure NFL evaluators like DE Derek Barnett as much as the media and public. I've heard better reviews for Charles Harris #NFLDraft

Archived