• B-
    • C+
    • C
    • C-
    • D
    • F
    • PUKABLE

On 4/28/2017 at 7:46 AM, UncleEarl said:

I stand corrected on his 1st round credentials.

Still not real pleased with the pick.  Think it is a high risk pick.  At best a #2 WR at worst an always injured flop.  Not enough upside and too much downside pick, IMO.  

We will see how he works out.  Hoping for the best.

Yeah, I'm going to be that asshole that says "I told you so."

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

Was this really necessary?

Look at the bright side, at least this year’s first rounder , ole What’s His Name was kind enough to go on IR in May so we wouldn’t get our hopes up. Ross teased us for a couple of weeks. 

54 minutes ago, whodey? said:

Where’s F- ?

Here 👇

Tyler Dragon of the Cincinnati Enquirer noted the Bengals shoved Ross’ expected return date back another week: “The Bengals and WR John Ross (hamstring) are targeting a Sunday return to the practice field.”

Zac Taylor had originally expected this Monday for Ross. Instead, the team’s official website has all but confirmed Ross won’t play at all this preseason.

This is another big blow for a Bengals offense that continues to have problems. Cordy Glenn is now dealing with an injury in the trenches, and A.J. Green is still a question mark for Week 1.

Ross isn’t necessarily tabbed for a major role with Green out, but the fact he’s not going to get any game reps in a new offense under a new staff — similar to his rookie year — doesn’t bode well for his long-term outlook. And the Bengals offense has suffered in the past without Ross on the field purely because defenses still have to accommodate for his speed.

Where is F- you ask??

“John Ross has no grade point average, all seasons and training camps incomplete” ~ Dean Wormer. 

large.5FEF6E4E-3B40-4269-A189-1D8C687EAD34.jpeg

There is no reason to keep him around at this point. IR him or trade him for some towels or something. 

image.gif

56 minutes ago, SF2 said:

“John Ross has no grade point average, all seasons and training camps incomplete” ~ Dean Wormer. 

There is no reason to keep him around at this point. IR him or trade him for some towels or something. 

Funniest thing I've read all week 😁

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Here 👇

Tyler Dragon of the Cincinnati Enquirer noted the Bengals shoved Ross’ expected return date back another week: “The Bengals and WR John Ross (hamstring) are targeting a Sunday return to the practice field.”

Zac Taylor had originally expected this Monday for Ross. Instead, the team’s official website has all but confirmed Ross won’t play at all this preseason.

This is another big blow for a Bengals offense that continues to have problems. Cordy Glenn is now dealing with an injury in the trenches, and A.J. Green is still a question mark for Week 1.

Ross isn’t necessarily tabbed for a major role with Green out, but the fact he’s not going to get any game reps in a new offense under a new staff — similar to his rookie year — doesn’t bode well for his long-term outlook. And the Bengals offense has suffered in the past without Ross on the field purely because defenses still have to accommodate for his speed.

WOW. I think he can be officially labeled a bust now. 

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

Where is F- you ask??

image.gif

Gatorade....since that is something the players can't get for free around here.

On 8/27/2019 at 1:02 PM, claptonrocks said:

Here's hoping John Ross is mended enough to catch a touchdown from Dalton against the Seahawks....

He has a knack for red zone playmaking..

He and Eiffert will be tough in red zone for opposing teams...

Team them up with the ghost of Jim Thorpe and our offense would be unstoppable!  

On 8/27/2019 at 1:02 PM, claptonrocks said:

Here's hoping John Ross is mended enough to catch a touchdown from Dalton against the Seahawks....

He has a knack for red zone playmaking..

He and Eiffert will be tough in red zone for opposing teams...

Has Eifert played?  No where on the stat sheets. 

Yeah Ross is on Pace to have one of the greatest td reception percentages of all time.  However seems alot more still to be desired. I thought the kid would be taking little screen passes to the house for 50+ yards leaving guys in his dust. 

At this point I'd say Ericson is much more valuable to the team. 

6 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Has Eifert played?  No where on the stat sheets. 

Yeah Ross is on Pace to have one of the greatest td reception percentages of all time.  However seems alot more still to be desired. I thought the kid would be taking little screen passes to the house for 50+ yards leaving guys in his dust. 

At this point I'd say Ericson is much more valuable to the team. 

Eifert ran one play in pre season  Ran an out pattern in end zone but Dalton over threw him. It means he only has 49 plays left this season. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Maybe I wouldn't bitch about him so much if the team wasn't constantly talking him up like the next big thing.  They should make Ross their PR spokesman since he spends more time predicting his own greatness than on the field.

No kidding, Ross needs to just shut up and prove he is worth a roster spot.  Nobody cares about another gear. Sounds like my dad’s neighbor who had an old Jaguar XKE V-12. “I swear it’s fast when it’s running right!”  That was never. 

35 minutes ago, SF2 said:

No kidding, Ross needs to just shut up and prove he is worth a roster spot.  Nobody cares about another gear. Sounds like my dad’s neighbor who had an old Jaguar XKE V-12. “I swear it’s fast when it’s running right!”  That was never. 

Know someone who's had one of those garaged for 20+ years.  I guess the fuel lines & all the other cabling were flimsy even before the pack rats got into it.  Also has bayonet switches, they look cool in a fighter plane-way (it also has a choke) but those contact points will fail with any corrosion at all, and they will rust even in a desert.  Whole car would need to be rotisseried & rewired but when it ran..

That does sound familiar, doesn't it?

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Know someone who's had one of those garaged for 20+ years.  I guess the fuel lines & all the other cabling were flimsy even before the pack rats got into it.  Also has bayonet switches, they look cool in a fighter plane-way (it also has a choke) but those contact points will fail with any corrosion at all, and they will rust even in a desert.  Whole car would need to be rotisseried & rewired but when it ran..

That does sound familiar, doesn't it?

Don’t forget having to try and synchronize 4 ancient Stromberg sidedraft carburetors. I mean a carb that needs power steering fluid/motor oil in it to work properly,  genius. 

Archived