Day 2 draft talk

39 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

Curious if Green Bay goes Cook or Mixon with the 33rd pick

Actually had a dream they took Mixon last night and freaked out because I fell asleep before it was over. Woke up only to find out they traded out so they could take Mixon in round 2 and not get beat up because they didn't spend their first round pick on a guy with character issues.

My Mixon heartbreak will be right up there with my Tyrann Mathieu heartbreak.

19 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think GB and NYJ are the only two picking in front of us who could take a RB.  The other 6 teams either have drafted or signed a starting RB recently.

I think I saw Seattle also mentioned as someone wanting a back.

I hope Mixon and Cook are both off the board so we aren't even tempted to take them. If Ross wasn't the pick at 9, I could possibly, maybe, almost understand taking a skill position guy in the 2nd, but for fuck's sake, let's get some help in the trenches!

8 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I hope Mixon and Cook are both off the board so we aren't even tempted to take them. If Ross wasn't the pick at 9, I could possibly, maybe, almost understand taking a skill position guy in the 2nd, but for fuck's sake, let's get some help in the trenches!

You are assuming the front office thinks the OLine is going to be awful. I dont think they share the same sentiment as the average fan. 

1 minute ago, Sigfox09 said:

You are assuming the front office thinks the OLine is going to be awful. I dont think they share the same sentiment as the average fan. 

Our receiving corp wasn't going to be awful and they took a WR with a premium, top 10 draft choice.

Even if they believe in the o-line, I'm sure they're well aware that Andre Smith isn't the future at RG, there's a chance Ogbuehi isn't a good LT, Bodine hasn't been great, and that the jury is still out on Fisher. They don't need to think it's awful to spend a 2nd round pick on one of the versatile linemen that could be there with our pick.

3 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Our receiving corp wasn't going to be awful and they took a WR with a premium, top 10 draft choice.

Even if they believe in the o-line, I'm sure they're well aware that Andre Smith isn't the future at RG, there's a chance Ogbuehi isn't a good LT, Bodine hasn't been great, and that the jury is still out on Fisher. They don't need to think it's awful to spend a 2nd round pick on one of the versatile linemen that could be there with our pick.

I dont disagree with you, but I dont think that is what they will do. I think they will want to see what they have in Westerman and Redmond at G. I also think they have confidence in TJ Johnson. 

Just now, Sigfox09 said:

I dont disagree with you, but I dont think that is what they will do. I think they will want to see what they have in Westerman and Redmond at G. I also think they have confidence in TJ Johnson. 

Oh I mean I'd bet they're taking Mixon if he's there regardless of who else is available if I was forced to bet my life savings on it, I just don't want a running back at all in the 2nd. I feel like there's too much value with the linemen that will be there on both sides of the ball.

I agree that the average fan probably thinks the line is worse than the team does, but I'm gonna be bummed out if they pass on someone like Lamp to take Joe Mixon.

Also assuming the coaching staff will play them this year. I can almost guarantee whoever is picked on the offensive line will not start barring injury. Defensive lineman is looking at third down snaps. Running back steps in immediately on third down since Gio is probably PUP and possibly full time depending on what Jeremy Hill shows up.

Reading between the lines and some of the smoke that has been put out, I think this pick is between Mixon and Basham. Mixon wins out BPA if still there.

I believe that if Mixon is available at #41 the Bengals will draft him, their draft strategy is to add explosive play makers and Mixon is definitely one of those. 

I would love for the Bengals to go oline, specifically OT but they are clearly comfortable with Ced at LT...for some reason. If he's not available then maybe Feeney, Eiflien, Garcia, or Robinson would be ideal picks, imo. 

7 minutes ago, JC said:

Bengals and Browns talking AJM, per Ian Rap. Doesn't sound like things have gotten far.

Yup sounds like the Bengals asking price is too rich. Possibly this year 2nd, 3rd and likely next year's first. It's unfortunate because I really want the Bengals to get something for Aj but I'm not sure how I feel about him going to Cleveland. I could also see us not resigning Aj and then him going up and signing with Cleveland anyway. Ugh! Frustrating. 

6 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

Curious if Green Bay goes Cook or Mixon with the 33rd pick

I think GB is going interior oline, specifically OG if I had to guess. Thompson let TJ Lang leave it was reported that the coaches were very upset to see that occur. Protecting Rodgers is paramount for the success of the Packers and taking the highest rated OG in the draft would probably help calm the nerves of the coaching staff.

Forrest Lamp could definitely be the guy at 33 or Dan Feeney, either way I expect them to go OG at #33

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

lol the Bengals will still have 9 picks left after the second round to address the trenches if that's what they wanna do.....if a skill position guy is the BPA when they get on the clock tonight at 41 though, then by all means take a skill position player and keep on adding speed and playmaking ability to the offense....they can always get G's and C's in rounds 3-4, you won't be able to find anyone like Joe Mixon after tonight however. . 

14 minutes ago, spicoli said:

lol the Bengals will still have 9 picks left after the second round to address the trenches if that's what they wanna do.....if a skill position guy is the BPA when they get on the clock tonight at 41 though, then by all means take a skill position player and keep on adding speed and playmaking ability to the offense....they can always get G's and C's in rounds 3-4, you won't be able to find anyone like Joe Mixon after tonight however. . 

I'd rather have Lamp and James Conner than Mixon and whichever OL leftovers are available. 

Hell, I want OL in the 2nd and 3rd to be perfectly honest. 

You're telling me we won't be able to find someone like Mixon after tonight like that's a bad thing. 

I want Mixon so bad, it's going to crush me tonight when we don't get him. Balance, explosion, quick twitch, would instantly become one of the best receiving running backs in the league, patient. Holy shit. He can run out of the shotgun, take any stretch play to the house, take any screen to the house, be an elite returner. Had he not any concerns, I'm not sure Fournette would have gone before Joe due to his receiving abilities. Splitting Joe out wide and putting him on a linebacker would be like watching Arian Foster and Rey Maualuga in the playoff game except it would happen every week.

Arian Foster, without the soft tissue injuries, is probably a really good comparison. 

Archived