Day 2 draft talk

Just now, T-Dub said:

What a shitshow.  Glad I don't have ESPN or NFLN - enjoy watching him punch that girl over and over.

Yup, no matter how you feel about the pick, nobody should be happy about the fact that Mixon is now a target, for everyone - NFL talking heads, media of all kinds, POLICE...

"A lot of people" who "are emotionally combustible"?  I see two... who else?  And who have gotten in trouble off the field other than Pacman?  Seriously?

Edit:

To clarify, Bucky Brooks just implied that our roster is made up almost entirely of talented but sketchy character guys.  Can anyone tell me outside of Pacman who fits that description?  Yeah, I know they'd include Vontaze, but that's not what they were talking about.  They implied that the locker room is somehow a place for bad character guys who get in big trouble off the field, and Mixon is about to become part of the mix.

1 minute ago, HavePityPlease said:

"A lot of people" who "are emotionally combustible"?  I see two... who else?  And who have gotten in trouble off the field other than Pacman?  Seriously?

That's the kind of press you get when you continually make excuses for one shithead and then go out and draft another one.  

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

That's the kind of press you get when you continually make excuses for one shithead and then go out and draft another one.  

And we can't pretend like they're the only 2 shitheads we've ever drafted and made excuses for. 

Not saying other teams don't do it too, but damn we love the shitheads. 

Just now, omgdrdoom said:

And we can't pretend like they're the only 2 shitheads we've ever drafted and made excuses for. 

Not saying other teams don't do it too, but damn we love the shitheads. 

I get this but instead of claiming outright lies about the *current roster*, why didn't Brooks just identify who he's talking about?  This is the NFL's own network for fuck's sake!  They're perpetuating that the Bengals love shitheads when we all know they've cleaned it up massively over the past 8 years or so.  I'm totally with you all on the fact that Mikey bought the bad PR himself, but again this is the NFL's own!!!

14 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Anyone want to lay odds on him doing something to get suspended before the season starts?

What he did in that video is in excusable and I won't defend it, but I haven't heard of any other issues and have hear he was a positive force in the organization.  His actions were reprehensble - a step beyond "Well, youngsters make mistakes."  Since he's here though, I'm willing to give him a shot.  Zero tolerance for any more bullshit though.  Once  he's settled in, I'd like to see him do a sincere apology PSA and some community service work.

Archived