Day 2 draft talk

2 minutes ago, snarkster said:

What he did in that video is in excusable and I won't defend it, but I haven't heard of any other issues and have hear he was a positive force in the organization.  His actions were reprehensble - a step beyond "Well, youngsters make mistakes."  Since he's here though, I'm willing to give him a shot.  Zero tolerance for any more bullshit though.  Once  he's settled in, I'd like to see him do a sincere apology and some community service work.

My gosh, this isn't Beckett's Crawl. He's already paid the girl, said he's sorry, she has said he's cool with her. Move the fuck on already

3 minutes ago, Sox said:

Mixed emotions on this one...I'm thrilled with him as a pure football player,but despise him as a person.

Having said that,if he keeps his nose clean...he'll be getting more snaps by mid-season than Jeremy Hill.

You don't hate anyone. Just think of him as someone from WV! Lol

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

My gosh, this isn't Beckett's Crawl. He's already paid the girl, said he's sorry, she has said he's cool with her. Move the fuck on already

Not saying I'd like to see him do it for punitive reasons.  I'd like to see him do it to get out in front of it in the community and blunt some of the backlash that may come from some corners.  Most guys do community work anyway.

"A lot of people" who "are emotionally combustible"?  I see two... who else?  And who have gotten in trouble off the field other than Pacman?  Seriously?
Edit:
To clarify, Bucky Brooks just implied that our roster is made up almost entirely of talented but sketchy character guys.  Can anyone tell me outside of Pacman who fits that description?  Yeah, I know they'd include Vontaze, but that's not what they were talking about.  They implied that the locker room is somehow a place for bad character guys who get in big trouble off the field, and Mixon is about to become part of the mix.

Oh that was just the beginning. For now on thanks to tonight that's the kind of talk we will hear for a long time. We probably just added 20 years of Bengals=woman beating thugs to the analysts conversations, just to add a guy who will probably be out of the league in 2 years... if he can even make it on the field to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

wtf??

My point is he sure as hell better be on a zero tolerance policy, so the slightest off the field issue better send him packing. As despicable of an act that he did I'm all for 2nd chances, but someone like him shouldn't get a 3rd... until then i will be rooting for him to be on a path for the rest of his life of trying to make up for what he did.

5 minutes ago, 1newprodigy said:

My point is he sure as hell better be on a zero tolerance policy, so the slightest off the field issue better send him packing. As despicable of an act that he did I'm all for 2nd chances, but someone like him shouldn't get a 3rd... until then i will be rooting for him to be on a path for the rest of his life of trying to make up for what he did.

he's not had even a hint of an issue since then and he was a 17 year old kid when it happened.....he's been thru hell (deservedly), I'm sure he learned his lesson.

Okla coaches and players all raved about him after he came back and said he was an absolute pleasure to be around.

he's not had even a hint of an issue since then and he was a 17 year old kid when it happened.....he's been thru hell (deservedly), I'm sure he learned his lesson.

Okla coaches and players all raved about him after he came back and said he was an absolute pleasure to be around.

Well 17 sure as hell ain't a kid, and the article i read said he was a 18 year old adult.... but i know it was 3 years ago, and most of my beef is with the amount of negative attention that comes with drafting him.... in my 28 years of being a Bengals fan I'm just tired of hearing it, and now it may never go away...

Again, i want him to succeed, but i don't want him to be defended for anything that might happen in the future.

Archived