Day 2 draft talk

Mikey always goes for the cheapest way to get possibly good players at the cheapest level. Injured, questionable character, weight issues, etc that makes them drop and we can get them (Chad, Dillon, Pacman, Gresham, Ogubehi, Andre, etc and many others) and continues with Ross & Mixon. I'm not hating, just sick of the fact that being cheap is a major factor in the gamble that they'll change their ways/heal physically & mentally. Yeah it's a business but us real fans deserve better. We need someone that wants to win a Super Bowl as a priority and not think about how much it will cost. Yes, I am confident every year that we can do it and I'll have faith in the draft picks until they prove me wrong but the consistently frugal trend is disappointing. 

Just now, kriZENry said:

Mikey always goes for the cheapest way to get possibly good players at the cheapest level. Injured, questionable character, weight issues, etc that makes them drop and we can get them (Chad, Dillon, Pacman, Gresham, Ogubehi, Andre, etc and many others) and continues with Ross & Mixon. I'm not hating, just sick of the fact that being cheap is a major factor in the gamble that they'll change their ways/heal physically & mentally. Yeah it's a business but us real fans deserve better. We need someone that wants to win a Super Bowl as a priority and not think about how much it will cost. Yes, I am confident every year that we can do it and I'll have faith in the draft picks until they prove me wrong but the consistently frugal trend is disappointing. 

I totally hear you, but it's worse than that.  Look around the league, who would you say is the owner who is the *least* concerned about cost?  Jerry Jones, maybe?  That dude signs and picks character concerns like nobody's business, but do people talk about that locker room like it's a throbbing tumour of irredeemable scum?  No.  To truly shed this label the Bengals will need to have YEARS of staying squeaky, squeaky clean before it will go away.  So squeaky in fact they probably would need to go character over talent *every time*.  That probably actually amounts to more losing, so what are they to do?  Now, I think they could have done without this pick, but I'd have much preferred if they'd dumped Pacman and at least bought some good will that way.  

9 minutes ago, kriZENry said:

rookie contracts arent shit anymore so I don't see how "cheap" comes into play....if Mixon plays and plays at a high level he's going to be getting paid in 4 years whether it's here or somewhere else. 

Archived