PLEASE BENGALS DON'T DRAFT JOE MIXON!!!

He was 18 or so when this happened.  Seems like he's matured and learned from his mistake...didn't he and the woman in the video meet recently where she forgave him after a lengthy discussion?  She stated he seemed very sincere?  If the victim of the assault forgave him, why can't you?  

I'd welcome him on the Bengals.  

47 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I guess it would be cool to see a fresh, new RB getting hit behind the line of scrimmage.

This is why I don't want Mixon, not much to do with the video.

2nd round could be a gold mine of OL help unless they all go back-to-back-to-back-to-back right before us somehow.

1 minute ago, Khatmandude said:

He was 18 or so when this happened.  Seems like he's matured and learned from his mistake...didn't he and the woman in the video meet recently where she forgave him after a lengthy discussion?  She stated he seemed very sincere?  If the victim of the assault forgave him, why can't you?  

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/21/joe-mixon-punch-lawsuit-settled/

JOE MIXON1-ON-1 WITH PUNCH VICTIM'I Wish Him Luck'

he woman who was brutalized by ex-Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon says she met with him in a private 1-on-1 meeting and they buried the hatchet ... and she wishes him luck in the NFL.

Amelia Molitor and Mixon just issued a joint statement saying they struck a settlement in her civil lawsuit she filed against him ... and have agreed to move on with their lives.

The terms of the settlement were not revealed -- but it's a safe bet there was a lot of money involved. 

But the most interesting part, Molitor says before she agreed to drop the case, she met with Joe in a private meeting -- no lawyers -- to hash things out once and for all.

"Joe and I were able to meet privately, without any attorneys, and talk about our experiences since that night," Molitor said.

"I am encouraged that we will both be able to move forward from here with our lives. From our private discussions I am satisfied that we are going to put this behind us and work towards helping others who may have found themselves in similar circumstances."

"I greatly appreciate his apology and I think the feelings he expressed were sincere."

"We both could have handled things differently. I believe if we had a chance to go back to that moment in time, the situation would not have ended the way it did."

"I wish Joe the best of luck in his future."

Mixon also issued a comment -- saying, "I was able to apologize to her one-on-one. The way I reacted that night, that's not me. That's not the way I was raised. I think she understands that."

"Talking together helps move us past what happened. I know I have to keep working to be a better person, and this is another step in that direction. I love working with kids, and I'm looking for more chances to do that kind of work."

"I want to lead a life that inspires them, and I hope I can lead by example from today forward."

The timing couldn't be better for Mixon -- the NFL Draft is next week and putting this situation behind him definitely doesn't hurt.

The absolute worst thing a man can do is hit a woman and I find that the men who say stuff like "act like a man, get treated like one" to be complete doucebags.

That said, if she believes he is sincere I'm fine giving him a 2nd chance.

Although I'd prefer we address the O and D lines.

Well... he was also in an altercation with a parking lot attendant in 2016. Got a ticket, ripped it up and threw it in the attendants face, then got in his car and kept inching it toward the attendant to intimidate them.

http://kfor.com/2016/11/04/documents-detail-altercation-between-ous-joe-mixon-and-parking-attendant/

Sounds like his temper isn't just toward women in bars, it's toward anything he doesn't like.

He was 20 in 2016, so do we wait another two years before he realizes that he is a dick?

Fuck this guy... like we need another temperamental roid rage asshole to cause shit.

53 minutes ago, Khatmandude said:

Well said.

1 hour ago, Khatmandude said:

Maybe because he didn't agree to give me an ass-load of money?

People keep wanting these guys and then can't understand why we were 2 15 yard penalties away from winning a playoff game. Or why the defense gets off to a slow start when their leader is suspended for 3 games.

4 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Or why the defense gets off to a slow start when their leader is suspended for 3 games.

Their leader was suspended for 3 games because the NFL needs to make a big show out of player safety but they know everyone loves big hits, so they single out one guy and ignore the rest.

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Their leader was suspended for 3 games because the NFL needs to make a big show out of player safety but they know everyone loves big hits, so they single out one guy and ignore the rest.

So, let's draft a guy who has a history of beating women and see how that goes?

The average shelf life of a RB in the NFL is what ... 5 or 6 productive years? If he's really that good, draft him. If he's a bad egg, he'll be gone in a few years anyway. If he leaves his baggage behind, the Bengals strike gold. I'm sure every single NFL team has at least one player that isn't a saint. Except for the Saints.

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

So, let's draft a guy who has a history of beating women and see how that goes?

Yeah, I don't see the connection.  VB hit a WR a fraction of a second too late, dude flopped like Ginobili, and (IMHO) the NFL had already pinned a target on him.  He's not spitting on random people or assaulting women.

Just now, T-Dub said:

Yeah, I don't see the connection.  VB hit a WR a fraction of a second too late, dude flopped like Ginobili, and (IMHO) the NFL had already pinned a target on him.  He's not spitting on random people or assaulting women.

You don't see how drafting a guy with a known history of being a knuckle-head is going to paint a target on his back? See Burfict, Vontaze.

At the risk of being self-righteous, I am really surprised at how may people are totally okay with Mixon.  Why are people so willing to embrace a woman-hating psycho?  Just because he may be the best player on the board?  Who cares about that?  There are plenty of other great players that we can draft in the second round that won't make me puke every time I see in orange and black.  

It will really ruin my love of the Bengals if they draft him.  I'm not saying that I am out if we draft him, but I will be much, much less of a fan.  

1 minute ago, LostInDaJungle said:

You don't see how drafting a guy with a known history of being a knuckle-head is going to paint a target on his back? See Burfict, Vontaze.

Has he even had one off-field problem? I think this characterization is bs, quit buying into the ESPNFL smear campaign.  If he played for teamslikethepatriots he'd be a "fiery competitor" or some such.

Burfict had a history of personal foul issues and whatnot and brought that with him to the NFL, but he didn't have any off the field issues whatsoever.

Worst thing the dude did pre-NFL was admit to smoking pot at the combine and interviewed poorly as well. Since then there has been the ankle twisting and nut tagging to go with the personal fouls but he still has yet to get into trouble off the field.

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Has he even had one off-field problem? I think this characterization is bs, quit buying into the ESPNFL smear campaign.  If he played for teamslikethepatriots he'd be a "fiery competitor" or some such.

A known history of being a knucklehead doesn't just encompass what happens off the field.

Other than that... Dunno what to say. Guy was a 1st round talent that went undrafted. If Reuben Foster can still get taken in the first after his disastrous combine/interview/drug test, you think Burfict slipped that far due to some sort of conspiracy?

1 minute ago, LostInDaJungle said:

A known history of being a knucklehead doesn't just encompass what happens off the field.

So a late hit on a receiver and punching a girl in a restaurant are equal in your mind.. Got it.  Why not just call him a thug and get it over with.

Archived