Well I'm done

Well it was meant to be a rhetorical question.  The Framework, which includes extrajudicial agreements between perp and victim, worked as intended.  If one does not agree, then the system needs changing within the Big Framework (that thing which has been referred to as 'just a piece of paper'). 

There was no avocado.  It was a stock photo used to make a wisecrack about people who shouldn't be trusted with picking draftees -- let alone avocados.  To be clear, I'm not qualified to pick draftees, either. 

Here's hoping Mixon makes the best of his chances.  And to Jeremy Hill:  may this light a fire under your ass. 

23 hours ago, BlackBengal said:

xxxx the Bengals.  Been a fan my whole life.  I'm done.

I don't know if he asked Jesus to forgive him, but since he asked the woman to forgive him, we, too, should forgive him. Also, how can God forgive us and work miracles in our lives if we don't forgive others? 

3 hours ago, Rick said:

I don't know if he asked Jesus to forgive him, but since he asked the woman to forgive him, we, too, should forgive him. Also, how can God forgive us and work miracles in our lives if we don't forgive others? 

First mistake is thinking the majority of people who "follow" the good book give a shit about forgiveness. They'd tar and feather groups by the dozen if allowed

22 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

She settled out of court with Mixon recently for cash. She has forgiven him when they met and talked it over. So actually the justice system wasn't needed.

That is not how the justice system actually works.  The girl doesn't get to decide whether or not to press charges in the case of felonious assault if bodily harm was done.  The DA may drop charges if she refused to testify but there were other witnesses and a video.

BTW, it was a very good pick.

Speaking of Mixon, does anyone know why there is no video of his introductory press conference on bengals.com?  You see photos of it around and Hobson tends to get these things up really quick, but not this time.  Hell, I'm not even seeing a transcript of it.  You think there is some conspiracy here?  Like the league won't let them publish yet?  Or maybe it's simpler, maybe Hobson's video guy couldn't even get in the room because the national press pushed him out?

If anyone has a link to either of these, let us know!

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

Speaking of Mixon, does anyone know why there is no video of his introductory press conference on bengals.com?  You see photos of it around and Hobson tends to get these things up really quick, but not this time.  Hell, I'm not even seeing a transcript of it.  You think there is some conspiracy here?  Like the league won't let them publish yet?  Or maybe it's simpler, maybe Hobson's video guy couldn't even get in the room because the national press pushed him out?

If anyone has a link to either of these, let us know!

I think BlackBengal was the Bengal.com video guy and he's done

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

That is not how the justice system actually works.  The girl doesn't get to decide whether or not to press charges in the case of felonious assault if bodily harm was done.  The DA may drop charges if she refused to testify but there were other witnesses and a video.

Wait, why doesn't she get to decide to press charges?

Joe was charged with misdemeanor outraging public decency, FWIW. The DA made a couple of interesting comments back when it was filed as well. 1. He said that she could've been charged with 2 counts of assault, but he declined to do so because he felt he'd had to have upgraded Joe's charge to a felony due to the difference in injury, & 2. Had the exact same fight occurred between 2 men with the exact same outcome, he wouldn't have filed any charges at all (this one I still don't get because Oklahoma law is not gender specific).

The ironic thing in that whole mess is that had Joe just kept on walking like he started to do when she got physical, she would've been the one who landed in the slammer. She was the one with the long rap sheet & was on probation at the time of the incident (something you'll virtually never hear from the media). There was a reason she hauled ass back across the state line as fast as she could.

36 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Felony.  DA decides those based on evidence.

True.  In this case, he did have his day in court and I'm sure the Judge saw the video.  He was punished by the court, but as is often the fact with first time offenders, which it seems he was, the Judge was lenient based on the surrounding evidence.  And maybe because he was a football player at OU as well.  You'd really have to look at the Judges case history to find out if this was out of the norm for him.

By the way, SF2, sorry to hear about your son.  That truly sounds like some real BS, especially since I also have heard about the preferential treatment given out to Kids in the Sports programs down there.  

29 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

True.  In this case, he did have his day in court and I'm sure the Judge saw the video.  He was punished by the court, but as is often the fact with first time offenders, which it seems he was, the Judge was lenient based on the surrounding evidence.  And maybe because he was a football player at OU as well.  You'd really have to look at the Judges case history to find out if this was out of the norm for him.

By the way, SF2, sorry to hear about your son.  That truly sounds like some real BS, especially since I also have heard about the preferential treatment given out to Kids in the Sports programs down there.  

LOL, not in Springboro. 

A year ago a bunch of Junior and Senior kids were having a small party at one of the kid's house. Only problem was the house had recently been sold and was already empty but new owners had not moved in yet.

The neighbor called the police, they showed up, entered the house with guns drawn and had them on the ground laying prone (face down) for 45 minutes at gunpoint.

All were arrested, tried and convicted for numerous charges

and most given court supervised probation which included parole officer and monthly drug testing. Thank God my son was busy that night.

Springboro is NOT Mayberry.  I wish it was, the police here LOVE to fuck over teenagers.

The judge in Mixon's case probably had more evidence than what was reported so I will defer.  As I said, great pick for us.

Archived