Day 3 wishlist

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Maualuga wasn't finesse and couldn't cover.  The game has changed.  If Evans can cover, I'm fine.

Maualuga has tattoos.  Maualuga couldn't cover. Therefore, no draft picks with tattoos!  QED.

I'm pretty sure the game is still full-contact (most of the time).

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Maualuga has tattoos.  Maualuga couldn't cover. Therefore, no draft picks with tattoos!  QED.

I'm pretty sure the game is still full-contact (most of the time).

From Evans' scouting report:

Fluid cover man in space in man or zone. Possesses ball skills and physical tools to play all three downs. Had twelve passes defensed this season including four interceptions.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

From Evans' scouting report:

Fluid cover man in space in man or zone. Possesses ball skills and physical tools to play all three downs. Had twelve passes defensed this season including four interceptions.

From Evans scouting report:

Lack of physicality leads to completions he’s in position to disrupt, as well as missed tackles; very much an arm tackler who does not keep his feet and deliver a blow through his targets.

Ranked just 142nd among FBS ILBs in run-stop percentage; posted just 26 run stops with eight missed tackles.

12 total missed tackles in 2016, ranking him 108th at his position in tackling efficiency.

You realize he's a LB and not a DB, right?

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

From Evans scouting report:

Lack of physicality leads to completions he’s in position to disrupt, as well as missed tackles; very much an arm tackler who does not keep his feet and deliver a blow through his targets.

Ranked just 142nd among FBS ILBs in run-stop percentage; posted just 26 run stops with eight missed tackles.

12 total missed tackles in 2016, ranking him 108th at his position in tackling efficiency.

You realize he's a LB and not a DB, right?

You realize how bad we are  at cover LBs, right?  And he's a 6th round pick.  Not many perfect prospects go in 6.

17 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Knock on Evans is he doesn't seem to love contact - not what you want to hear of an NFL LB.

Again, he's a 6th round pick.  He is a cover LB.  In 6 if you have a guy who has a skill you can use, take him.

I'm not asking anyone to be "giddy" about him, just understand what he is and why he was taken. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Again, he's a 6th round pick.  He is a cover LB.  In 6 if you have a guy who has a skill you can use, take him.

I'm not asking anyone to be "giddy" about him, just understand what he is and why he was taken. 

Didn't really mean to slam him.  Just found it ironic that the knock on a LB is he doesn't love contact.  I thought that was just assumed.  :D

Archived