Bengals have 9 Picks on Day 3 !!! (4,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7)

Mikey Ball > Money Ball

BENGALS DAY 3 PICKS

ROUND 4

No. 116

No. 128

No. 138 (comp)

ROUND 5

No. 153

No. 176 (comp)

ROUND 6

No. 193

No. 217 (comp)

ROUND 7

No. 227

No. 251 (comp)

It’s crazy to think that the Bengals may have had the best draft thus far of any team in the NFL from a value perspective (other than maybe Queefland), and now they are entering the 3rd day where they have 9 more selections! – more than most teams have for their entire draft.

This is Example A of their compensatory pick strategy, and speaks to why they make that a free agent priority when signing players and/or letting them go. The media likes to talk up Cleveland’s 1-15 ‘money ball’ and their 11 total picks, and ignores that the Bengals amassed 12 picks for themselves this year (most of any NFL team) and actually have a perennial playoff team as a foundation, unlike the hapless shitlogs.

Sure the case could be made that the Bengals actually have too many picks on Day 3, as all of these players can’t make the roster, but when you consider than even 1st rd picks have less than a 50% chance of panning out, and late round picks have around only a 20% chance of panning out, the more picks you have the better. Even at a ¼ rate of success, these 9 selections should at worst lend the Bengals 2 starters. And they have shown with Atkins (Rd 4) and Iloka (Rd 5) that they are one of the better teams at drafting in the mid rounds. I expect the team might garner at least 3 starters from these 9 picks somehow, before it is all said and done.

I swear,  this board is schizo as fuck half the time, especially this time of year with the draft.  And believe me, I'm as schizo as the rest because of the times I'm changed opinions.  I do laud you for being constant in your opinions though,  no matter what the media or other sources say,  you always seem to find that elusive silver lining in pretty much everything.

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

Hopefully they are able to package some of those picks to move up to get a player (or players) that they covet

No need to. They are already getting guys 1-2 rounds later than they were projected.

They are putting on a drafting clinic! :drinks:

Archived