Bryson Albright

Drafted:
Carl Lawson (4A)
Jordan Evans (6A)

UDFA:

Brandon Bell

Hardy Nickerson, Jr.

Remaing needs:
At least one journeyman FA/waiver claim and a couple of decent UDFA's.  Does Lawson list as LB or DL?

Defensive Backs:
Adam Jones
Dre Kirkpatrick
Darqueze Dennard
William Jackson III
Bene Benwikere
Chykie Brown
KeiVarae Russell
Tony McRae
Josh Shaw
George Iloka
Shawn Williams
Derron Smith
Clayton Fejedelem

Drafted:

Brandon Wilson (6B)

UDFA:

Torren McGaster

Demetrious Cox

Blake McClain

Remaining Needs:
At least one journeyman FA/Waiver Claim at safety.  Two or three UDFA's for camp depth/PS

Biggest remaining overall needs:
1. FA/Waiver LT (Any interest in Greg Robinson who the Rams may non-tender?)
2. At least one (possibly two) FA/Waiver LB(s)
3. FA/Waiver Safety

23 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

The DL went from bare to good depth and very exciting.  I really love the abilities that Willis, Lawson, Glasgow and even Billings this year can give us.

It will be interesting to see how they use Lawson.  I'm guessing he starts out as a LB in 3rd down & other passing situations and they bring him from a number of different slots- possibly Willis as well, although I also see Willis and Chris Smith subout Johnson to bring more pressure.  I think Smith's being over-looked and they may be able to draw real value from him.

3 minutes ago, snarkster said:

It will be interesting to see how they use Lawson.  I'm guessing he starts out as a LB in 3rd down & other passing situations and they bring him from a number of different slots- possibly Willis as well, although I also see Willis and Chris Smith subout Johnson to bring more pressure.  I think Smith's being over-looked and they may be able to draw real value from him.

They don't trade for guys often and went out to get Smith before the draft.  So they definitely think he can bring something considering how tight we are with our picks.  Also they said that Lawson will be in DL room with a little time in LB room so I'm guessing he's going to do DE more than LB early on.  It makes sense with Burfict/Vigil/Minter/Vinny at LB already.  There are more snaps available at DE.

22 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

They don't trade for guys often and went out to get Smith before the draft.  So they definitely think he can bring something considering how tight we are with our picks.  Also they said that Lawson will be in DL room with a little time in LB room so I'm guessing he's going to do DE more than LB early on.  It makes sense with Burfict/Vigil/Minter/Vinny at LB already.  There are more snaps available at DE.

With Gilberry (DT/DE swingman), Hardison (swing), Dunlap, Johnson, Clarke, Smith and Willis there's as much, if not more comp @ DE, IMO.

Archived