The Bengals vs. the NFL

9 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

What evidence do you have that any gambling organization is affecting the NFL in 2017? It's a conspiracy theory because all you have is some guy's opinion of what was going on 50 years ago as "proof". Sure thing man, I'll just believe whatever you say because of that sweet article!

Teams become profitable when they've been consistent winners for decade after decade. You seem to be under the belief that the NFL is making these profitable teams win when I'm seeing it as winning teams in large cities happen to become profitable. I know, I know, it's totally crazy to think a team located in a region with a huge football fanbase that wins a lot could be profitable without help from the mob.

No one has said that any team deserves preferential treatment. The closest thing that you tried to twist into that was when I said the Patriots are less affected than say, the Rams by a "bad call" because they're likely leading blowout wins more often so a bad call against them doesn't really hurt as much as it would a team consistently enduring close scores. Not a single person that I've seen has said that any team deserves preferential treatment. I've said that bad calls happen to every team, they just affect certain teams more and people that are fans of a specific team notice them more when it affects the team they're emotionally invested in.

Your arguments are lacking any evidence at all but we're all the dumb ones for calling them as they are, conspiracy theories.

Save ya breath.  You could hurt yourself with all that logic.  

46 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Your arguments are lacking any evidence at all 

There's a documented history of mafia involvement with the NFL.  Your're contending that all disappeared for some reason, but haven't show any evidence to support that claim.

but we're all the dumb ones

Unless there was an election I didn't hear about or you have a mouse in your pocket, the pronoun you're looking for was singular.  This is a cheap tactic to make yourself sound like an authoritative representative of a majority, better yet one that you are protecting from being called "dumb".  Never mind that those were your own words, not something I said.  

calling them as they are, conspiracy theories.

You can call them Kevin if it makes you feel better but that still won't disprove anything.  You're banking on the allusion to conspiracy theories like 9/11 Truthers, as though "these particular known mobsters were publicly involved with these team owners" is on the order of faked moon landings and Holocaust deniers.

You know, for all your talk about "logic" you seem to toss it out the window pretty fast when it suits your agenda.

It's the same as most conspiracy theories. You throw out a claim and then ask me to provide my evidence to disprove it. That's not how it works from a logical standpoint.

"The NFL is rigged, prove me wrong" is absolutely an illogical manner to go about this, which is essentially what you've done in this thread. The burden to provide proof is on you, not me. A couple of opinion pieces that are extremely outdated and show nothing about modern era sports isn't proof, sorry.

Frankenstein's monster boned Wilma Flinstone and that's how the earth was created. Definitively prove me wrong or else it's true.

5 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

It's the same as most conspiracy theories. You throw out a claim and then ask me to provide my evidence to disprove it.

Did you actually read that article, let alone check out the book "Interference"?  Apparently not since neither are "opinion pieces". Or did you just say "Conspiracy Theory" 3 times and then pat yourself on the back?

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Did you actually read that article, let alone check out the book "Interference"?  Or did you just say "Conspiracy Theory" 3 times and then pat yourself on the back?

I read the article. Does any of this material have anything to do with modern sports? If so, throw some suggestions of literature my way and I'll check that out. On my give a fucks scale, I give somewhere between zero and none about 60 years ago.

Again, the burden of proof is on the person making the claim. I'd love to see evidence relevant in 2017. "The NFL is rigged, prove me wrong" isn't the way to go about a logical debate.

Just now, omgdrdoom said:

I read the article. Does any of this material have anything to do with modern sports?

No, in fact nothing that happened more than 10 minutes ago is relevant.  What are we talking about again?  Your Dr. Spock impression?

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

No, in fact nothing that happened more than 10 minutes ago is relevant.  What are we talking about again?  Your Dr. Spock impression?

If you're so sure that the NFL is rigged, you'd certainly be able to come up with something more recent than a book written in 1989 (referencing decades prior to when it was written) or an article making references to the 1960's, right? I'm not even being a dick at this point, I'm just genuinely asking for anything even remotely recent here.

If I start calling your stance fake news or another name, will that get you to provide me the information in a normal debate instead of just focusing on the name I'm calling it?

Let's try again, genuinely asking, is there any evidence that's even remotely recent to show how the modern NFL is/could be/may be rigged? I don't even need anything 100% concrete, I'm interested in the topic so I'd love to read anything that would show some signs. I stopped watching the NFL very briefly after the Seahawks v Shitsburgh SB because I was certain the NFL was fixed because of the calls at the end of that game. I later decided on the same stance I have today which is just that NFL officiating is dog shit and NFL rules are verrrrrry subjective.

I don't think the NFL made their rules subjective so the mob could decide how the games play out, so we can disagree on that point, but I think everyone here can agree that NFL officiating general sucks. It seems the difference comes with some people believing it sucks intentionally, and again, I'd like to see some modern examples or theories (even if they're the spooky kind) to explain that side.

26 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I stopped watching the NFL very briefly after the Seahawks v Shitsburgh SB because I was certain the NFL was fixed because of the calls at the end of that game.

Funny you should mention SB XL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Slapshot

At first glance it looks like an NHL thing, but note the date it went public.  Seems they didn't end up prosecuting any of the bettors but at the time, the press were implicating people in DC and for much more money, and Super Bowl betting specifically.  Or it was just some hockey player buddies making $1-2MM locker room side-bets with a RICO investigation.  

Maybe a little off topic but with the Raiders moving to Las Vegas, a Raider themed legal whore house is opening outside of town complete with Raider logos and discounts for players and personnel.  Seems Goody should get involved in this (not THAT way) as far as infringing on NFL trademarks, etc. and simply being detrimental to the entire NFL.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Maybe a little off topic but with the Raiders moving to Las Vegas, a Raider themed legal whore house is opening outside of town complete with Raider logos and discounts for players and personnel.  Seems Goody should get involved in this (not THAT way) as far as infringing on NFL trademarks, etc. and simply being detrimental to the entire NFL.

Whores in NFL sanctioned gear=PROFIT

21 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

"Here we go, Stealers, here we go" clap clap. 

You remind me so much of those awful junior high basketball parent who scream at the refs non stop and blame them for every loss.

Prostitution is illegal in Clark County, FYI.

Now, if they wanted to open one in Pahrump... :whistle:

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

Unless there's something specific I'm missing from the past between certain members (which is a high possibility), I don't see how objectively analyzing a situation involving the Stealers makes you a fan of their team. Just because a person is capable of having a rational discussion when it comes to Bengals vs Stealers doesn't mean they are less of a Bengals fan. That seems very petty to say about somebody.

Fuck the Stealers and everything about that organization, but being realistic when analyzing a football game certainly isn't a bad thing.

13 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Oh, god...my junk just sucked up into my body thinking about Raider whores.  

Raider Fans.jpg

2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Unless there's something specific I'm missing from the past between certain members (which is a high possibility), I don't see how objectively analyzing a situation involving the Stealers makes you a fan of their team. Just because a person is capable of having a rational discussion when it comes to Bengals vs Stealers doesn't mean they are less of a Bengals fan. That seems very petty to say about somebody.

Fuck the Stealers and everything about that organization, but being realistic when analyzing a football game certainly isn't a bad thing.

There's just a bunch of petty old men on his board, unfortunately...

Archived