The Bengals vs. the NFL

How can a person say "Goodell targets the Bengals" with a straight face while looking at past suspensions and fines around the NFL? Did we just ignore all of my posts with suspension facts from the other page?

Instead of repeating the same thing over and over without anything to back it up, could we see some legitimate evidence that would lead a person to believe that the Bengals are being targeted by the league? If 1 of our better players being suspended 1 time means we're being targeted then that's fucking hilarious. If the NFL wanted to target us, guys like Pacman would have been banned from the league by now.

The best player in the league gets suspended for something he didn't even get found guilty of, just that he "may" have been involved, and that obviously means the NFL favors the team he's on and targets the Bengals LOL that's absolutely amazing

39 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

A rainy day in Phoenix doesn't make it any less of a desert.  How does eventually maybe winning this theoretical SB of yours prove Goodell doesn't target the Bengals?

No, but a tin foil hat on your head still makes you a conspiracy theorist.

12 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

No, but a tin foil hat on your head still makes you a conspiracy theorist.

That's really the best you can do?

You think a monopoly making billions of dollars and founded by bookies is all about truth, justice, and the American Way.  That makes you painfully naive.

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

You think a monopoly making billions of dollars and founded by bookies is all about truth, justice, and the American Way.  That makes you painfully naive.

Let's pretend the NFL is super corrupt and you're 100% right about the extent of all of this. Don't really care about that at this point.

Where is the proof that Roger Goddell is targeting the Bengals? Or are you still ignoring anyone's posts that disprove your bullshit theories?

Just now, omgdrdoom said:

Let's pretend the NFL is super corrupt and you're 100% right about the extent of all of this. Don't really care about that at this point.

Where is the proof that Roger Goddell is targeting the Bengals? Or are you still ignoring anyone's posts that disprove your bullshit theories?

I'm doing my best to ignore bullshit trolls who think I owe them a response.  So, oops.  I guess you win at the internet.

11 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I'm doing my best to ignore bullshit trolls who think I owe them a response.  So, oops.  I guess you win at the internet.

I'm obviously not trolling you as I've laid out many reasons to disprove the NFL "targeting" the Bengals. Do you have any proof otherwise? You feel very strong about this and have no problem debating people with weaker arguments that you can get around, so why don't you just take 2 minutes and explain to me how the Bengals are being targeted? I have a lot of data that would suggest otherwise so I'm just wondering where you get this theory from.

I've never seen you concede any points to a single person on this board though, so this doesn't surprise me. It's a lot easier to tuck your tail between your legs and avoid my posts and engage other arguments instead. Just call me a troll and run, that's the easy way out I guess.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

naw.... your belief that the Bengals are being targeted makes you painfully paranoid.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

naw.... your belief that the Bengals are being targeted makes you painfully paranoid.

3 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

I'm obviously not trolling you as I've laid out many reasons to disprove the NFL "targeting" the Bengals. Do you have any proof otherwise? You feel very strong about this and have no problem debating people with weaker arguments that you can get around, so why don't you just take 2 minutes and explain to me how the Bengals are being targeted? I have a lot of data that would suggest otherwise so I'm just wondering where you get this theory from.

I've never seen you concede any points to a single person on this board though, so this doesn't surprise me. It's a lot easier to tuck your tail between your legs and avoid my posts and engage other arguments instead. Just call me a troll and run, that's the easy way out I guess.

It's a coping mechanism imho

The Bengals haven't been able to win in the playoffs since Goodell (well really before) has been comish

So rather than acknowledge the deficiencies in the team, especially as it regards to the front office and their management style vs teams who have won in the playoffs (consistently even) it becomes easier to create this whole "Goodel targets the Bengals" nonsense....which when pressed falls apart

Because you can't control either of them but at least the targeting thing gives you a bad guy to be angry at vs a inept organizational structure which is harder to nail down any specific issue.

It's simple thinking to complex problems (and why we have the President we have but I digress) but applied to why we cant get a Championship, let alone win in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Yeah I agree because there has yet to be any examples or reasons given, just "because I said so" and "lulz guy UR a troll!" to avoid having arguments torn apart by factual evidence.

I just can't believe people can feel so strong about a subject yet resort to insults only while ignoring any legitimate debate. Call me an asshole all you want, just give me some fucking reasons and debate my points in the process. Calling me a troll with no other substance and running from factual arguments is just proving who the actual "troll" is.

It's much easier for some to say "you're a troll" or "you're so and so's alt" rather than to man up and defend their stance. I just really don't see the point of holding super strong opinions if you're going to run like a coward when asked to explain your position. Meh, whatever. I appreciate those willing to engage in actual discussion so I'll be sticking around as long as those people remain here as well. 

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

The Bengals haven't been able to win in the playoffs since Goodell (well really before) has been comish

So rather than acknowledge the deficiencies in the team, especially as it regards to the front office and their management style vs teams who have won in the playoffs (consistently even) it becomes easier to create this whole "Goodel targets the Bengals" nonsense....which when pressed falls apart

Because you can't control either of them but at least the targeting thing gives you a bad guy to be angry at vs a inept organizational structure which is harder to nail down any specific issue.

It's simple thinking to complex problems (and why we have the President we have but I digress) but applied to why we cant get a Championship, let alone win in the playoffs.

That's horse shit. We don't address deficiencies with the team? How ironic that in attempt to sound smart that you achieved the opposite.

15 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Yeah I agree because there has yet to be any examples or reasons given, just "because I said so" and "lulz guy UR a troll!" to avoid having arguments torn apart by factual evidence.

I just can't believe people can feel so strong about a subject yet resort to insults only while ignoring any legitimate debate. Call me an asshole all you want, just give me some fucking reasons and debate my points in the process. Calling me a troll with no other substance and running from factual arguments is just proving who the actual "troll" is.

It's much easier for some to say "you're a troll" or "you're so and so's alt" rather than to man up and defend their stance. I just really don't see the point of holding super strong opinions if you're going to run like a coward when asked to explain your position. Meh, whatever. I appreciate those willing to engage in actual discussion so I'll be sticking around as long as those people remain here as well. 

You can actually say with a straight face that the league doesn't hate this team and it's owner? How much proof do you need? If you can't see that we got a major ass fucking in that playoff game, then we can't have an honest conversation. 

30 minutes ago, Hooky said:

You can actually say with a straight face that the league doesn't hate this team and it's owner? How much proof do you need? If you can't see that we got a major ass fucking in that playoff game, then we can't have an honest conversation. 

The non-call hit on Gio was fucking absurd. Cocksucker Porter not getting an offsetting flag was a pretty bad call. Other than that, both teams got away with a few lesser penalties. 

Even so, a handful of bad calls doesn't mean the league is out to get us. That's some serious paranoia right there. We can't have a realistic conversation if you think that game proves some bias against us by the NFL. 

Also, T Dub specifically cited the reason is the league disciplines our players compared to others around the league. Yet nobody can explain how our players have been disciplined soooo unfairly. It's just a whine fest with nothing to back it up. 

29 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

The non-call hit on Gio was fucking absurd. Cocksucker Porter not getting an offsetting flag was a pretty bad call. Other than that, both teams got away with a few lesser penalties. 

Even so, a handful of bad calls doesn't mean the league is out to get us. That's some serious paranoia right there. We can't have a realistic conversation if you think that game proves some bias against us by the NFL. 

Also, T Dub specifically cited the reason is the league disciplines our players compared to others around the league. Yet nobody can explain how our players have been disciplined soooo unfairly. It's just a whine fest with nothing to back it up. 

Throw out what happened the first 59 minutes of the game. Porter not getting the offsetting penalty gave the stealers 30 yards and a chip shot FG, even in shitty weather. That was unprecedented for a playoff game.

And you forgot to mention the stealers only TD that was obviously not and not overturned regardless of indisputable evidence. That was even admitted after the fact. How can they look at it a couple of days later and see something different? 

54 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

But but but.....little johnny is better, why isn't he batting first. No fair, he doesn't like to play in the outfield. Wah Wah Wah. 

25 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Throw out what happened the first 59 minutes of the game. Porter not getting the offsetting penalty gave the stealers 30 yards and a chip shot FG, even in shitty weather. That was unprecedented for a playoff game.

And you forgot to mention the stealers only TD that was obviously not and not overturned regardless of indisputable evidence. That was even admitted after the fact. How can they look at it a couple of days later and see something different? 

I understand and I believe that game had some shitty officiating too, that we can agree on. 

However, we aren't going to agree on the reason. You think it's because the NFL wanted us to lose and I just think that NFL officials play by a subjective rule set and can suck at their jobs sometimes or call the game in a subjective way that our subjective opinions disagree with.

No real harm on either side, I think you could be a bit paranoid and you think my head is in the sand, no biggie really. 

Archived