Daimion Stafford SS 26 TEN TBD -
Jonathan Meeks FS 27 BUF TBD -
Phillip Thomas S 26 BUF TBD -
Jerome Couplin FS 25 LA TBD -
Cedric Thompson FS 24 MIN TBD -
Elijah Shumate S 23 JAC TBD -
Stefan McClure S 24 IND TBD  

40 minutes ago, TigerCub said:

I think Nick Mangold is still available as well...Definitely an upgrade to what we have.

They could have had him 2 months ago. He was released and doesn't impact comp picks. He wants a lot of money and a guaranteed starting job. He's 33, not as good anymore. I'd rather let Bodine fail and move on next year.

I've been reallllllllllly tough on Bodine since he's been here, especially with all of the hilarious bullshit PA has said about him as if Bodine is his first born child. However, Bodine was surprisingly decent last year and Mangold has regressed to the point where I don't think he's even an upgrade now.

That's not even getting into the contract differences, Bodine is playing for pennies and is probably a better center in 2017.

18 hours ago, jhowdy54 said:

Any free agent signed from here on out will have zero impact on compensatory picks in the 2018 draft. Any free agents out there u think could still upgrade at any position?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

None whatsoever, it's pretty much the island of the misfit toys out there right now. 

Clady is the best option but he's extremely injury prone and wants more than any team is willing to pay right now, he would come in on a 2-3 million dollar deal then maybe but I doubt it when he has never played for less than $6mm per year. Clady has only played in 27 games since the 2013 season, missed the entire 2015 season and played in 9 games last year before missing the last two months of the season. 

He could be an option to backup Ced but he probably wants more than back up money at this stage in his career. 

6 hours ago, Jason said:

3-5 years ago, yeah.  Now?  Not so sure.

According to CincyJungle.com:

• In 571 pass blocking snaps in 2015, Russell Bodine allowed 3 sacks and 27 QB hurries for a pass  blocking efficiency of 95.9. That was 25th out of the 29 qualifying centers this year.

And ProFootballFocus (posted 2/25/2017):

• Nathan Jahnke@PFF_NateJahnke
  • Nick Mangold hasn't given up a sack in his last 33 games. The best center of the past decade. 

Sorry, I'd still rather have Nick Mangold who has not been credited with giving up a sack in 33 games as opposed to a center who gave up 3 sacks and 27 QB hurries in 16 games over a single season.

Here are the links:

Bodine:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/8/19/12552658/russell-bodine-is-awful-pff-agrees

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/1/12/10753484/bengals-pro-football-focus-grades-and-analysis-from-wild-card-loss-to

Mangold:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2694947-nick-mangold-released-by-new-york-jets

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but I will take a center who hasn't given up a sack in the last 33 games he has played in any day of the week.

^ no doubt Bodine was trash in 2015 (where all of your opinion pieces and stats come from), but anything on 2016?

If you care about PFF's grading system at all, Bodine went from a 43 in 2015 to a 76.9 in 2016.

27 minutes ago, TigerCub said:

• In 571 pass blocking snaps in 2015, Russell Bodine allowed 3 sacks and 27 QB hurries for a pass  blocking efficiency of 95.9. That was 25th out of the 29 qualifying centers this year.

• Nick Mangold hasn't given up a sack in his last 33 games. The best center of the past decade. 

Sorry, I'd still rather have Nick Mangold who has not been credited with giving up a sack in 33 games as opposed to a center who gave up 3 sacks and 27 QB hurries in 16 games over a single season.

Here are the links:

Bodine:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/8/19/12552658/russell-bodine-is-awful-pff-agrees

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/1/12/10753484/bengals-pro-football-focus-grades-and-analysis-from-wild-card-loss-to

Mangold:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2694947-nick-mangold-released-by-new-york-jets

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but I will take a center who hasn't given up a sack in the last 33 games he has played in any day of the week.

I think the reason why Mangold hasn't been signed is his injury history, he's still rehabbing from a surgery.

Mangold, cut by the Jets in February, said he's still having physical therapy on his injured foot. He missed eight games last season. He said it has been "a slow grind since the end of the season," admitting the rehab has been "a little difficult for me."

Mangold still hopes to play for a 12th season. He said he's "weighing what options are available," not going into any specifics.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/68686/ex-jet-nick-mangold-says-playing-for-pats-would-be-difficult

On 5/10/2017 at 0:51 PM, TigerCub said:

Here are the links:

Bodine:

Mangold:

PFF keeps track of some interesting stats, but their individual rankings are a joke.  They tried to claim Dre Kirkpatrick was the 112th best CB in '15.

But since you put so much weight in them could you give me both Bodine's and Mangolds grades for 2016?

BTW I pretty much guarantee we will sign a veteran who can play LT before training camp starts.

Maybe Clady, but just because I know him by name does not mean he is the best prospect out there for us.  Clady has been hurt a lot the last couple of years

5 minutes ago, jmckbengal said:

Orlando Franklin just released from San Diego.

He's been awful for a couple of years now, hard pass on Franklin.

I'd rather take a chance with Dunlap or Clady if they're desperate for work if they're still unsigned as the weeks go on. Not that there are any great options at this point with free agents, but Franklin has been terrrrrrrrrible lately.

6 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

He's been awful for a couple of years now, hard pass on Franklin.

I'd rather take a chance with Dunlap or Clady if they're desperate for work if they're still unsigned as the weeks go on. Not that there are any great options at this point with free agents, but Franklin has been terrrrrrrrrible lately.

Franklin is better than Ogbuehi though...

Archived