Bengals should sign Daryl Washington

Former All-Pro & Pro Bowl LB Daryl Washington was cut today by the Arizona Cardinals after being re-instated by the NFL following a 3 year "vacation" due to his inability to pass a drug test. Washington also plead guilty to pushing his baby momma, causing her to fall and break her collarbone. 

He seems like the type of player this franchise covets, he's got the required off the field baggage to make Father Flannigan..err Mike Brown find a space for him at Boy's Town... err PBS. They could get him for cheap, he won't count against the comp pick formula, and he's a convicted felon...sign him up!!!!

It's a win-win, Guenther gets a 3 down LB that has played at a high level and Mike Brown gets to absolve his white guilt by redeeming another poor, unfortunate lost negro!!!!

2 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

He's 30 and was really damn good, I'd give him a shot. he says he's learned and is in the best shape of his life.

I'd at least like the bengals to kick the tires.

Being away from football for 3 entire seasons is a lot of time though. Leaving the off the field issues out of it, I'd still be concerned with 3 years away from the NFL. I also think the Bengals are happy with their LBs after signing Minter. I don't think they view LB as even a slight need but that's just my best guess on the situation.

55 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Former All-Pro & Pro Bowl LB Daryl Washington was cut today by the Arizona Cardinals after being re-instated by the NFL following a 3 year "vacation" due to his inability to pass a drug test. Washington also plead guilty to pushing his baby momma, causing her to fall and break her collarbone. 

He seems like the type of player this franchise covets, he's got the required off the field baggage to make Father Flannigan..err Mike Brown find a space for him at Boy's Town... err PBS. They could get him for cheap, he won't count against the comp pick formula, and he's a convicted felon...sign him up!!!!

It's a win-win, Guenther gets a 3 down LB that has played at a high level and Mike Brown gets to absolve his white guilt by redeeming another poor, unfortunate lost negro!!!!

Bro...

22 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

He's not good anymore and is a headcase. I really didn't think this thread was going to exist lol

You should know that it is impossible for any notable free agent to not have their own thread.

24 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Sign him to an incentive based contract.  If he sucks or tosses another woman down some stairs, cut him.

Or make excuses for him, maybe someone stole his bike when he was 9, that kind of thing

We have nothing to lose, everyone hates us anyways.

Agreed.  One day maybe we'll have a couple of superstar players or win a SB or 2 so we can be a team that Does Things the Right Way & sign whoever we want without scrutiny.

On 5/11/2017 at 2:41 PM, PatternMaster said:

Mike Brown gets to absolve his white guilt by redeeming another poor, unfortunate lost negro!!!!

Wow.  This place has changed a lot since I was last here.

I would have no problem signing Washington, but just to see what he has left. 

Luckily we have our starting LBs and would not have to sign him out of desperation or depend on him to fill a gaping hole.

Jamal Lewis had three 1000 rushing seasons after doing time in federal prison.  So as long as the NFL has no problem with Washington playing as a convicted felon I don't know why we should not give him a chance.

On 5/11/2017 at 3:37 PM, Jamie_B said:

Bro...

This thread was made in jest, as I imagine this is what Mike Brown thinks when he goes into full redeemer mode. Anyone that drives a Lumina by choice, doesn't have air conditioning in their house, and keeps Pacman Jones around because he had "rough upbringing" definitely refers to black people as Negros.

For the record I don't think the should sign Washington, but should call Orlando Franklin's agent. 

33 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

This thread was made in jest, as I imagine this is what Mike Brown thinks when he goes into full redeemer mode. Anyone that drives a Lumina by choice, doesn't have air conditioning in their house, and keeps Pacman Jones around because he had "rough upbringing" definitely refers to black people as Negros.

For the record I don't think the should sign Washington, but should call Orlando Franklin's agent. 

Mike Brown may be stuck in his ways but he isnt Marge Schott imo

Archived