Advertising is gone..

So i took down all advertising (let me know if i missed anywhere). I tossed up a donate button, so if anyone wants to help out, awesome! With switching to the VPS server the cost is down below half. Im still pretty broke but the speed change in switching to the VPS + still needing to fetch ads, in my mind, slowed the site down a little, so its a better experience for everyone without the ads obviously.

If no one ever chips in i may need to bring back ads at some point, as im still recovering financially from not working for 7 months, and currently making about 75% of what i was previously.. but thats my problem.

I will also toss up a link for the mobile apps, both iOS and android to help push that platform more. its a lot cleaner and about half of us use the site from mobile these days.

Just wanted to give heads up on the header changes, if anyone feels like chipping in, that would be amazing, two members chipped in a few months ago and covered the last 2 months completely, which was killer! 

PayPal: paypal@fnnsports.com or button at top of page.. $1, $5, $25, $50,000. everything helps.

now we can move forward to the most boring parts of the offseason!

:2_grimacing:

-ryan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks those who pitched in, it certainly helped get through some sketchy financial times on my end!

I MAY toss up 2 small local banners (so absolutely no site performance issues) to the two companies I am involved in. one is a Beard Oil company and one is a Vape company. I will make a post and take a vote on thoughts if I decide to go that route.. 

• 1 month later...
  • SF2 unpinned this topic

Archived