https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/bengals-adam-jones-pleads-guilty-misdemeanor-obstruction-part-plea-deal-154639248.html

Bengals' Adam Jones pleads guilty to misdemeanor obstruction as part of plea deal

Shalise Manza Young,Shutdown Corner 18 hours ago 

The latest legal issue for Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam Jones came to a close on Tuesday morning.

The 33-year old Jones pleaded guilty to a single charge of misdemeanor obstructing official business and was sentenced to time served, two days.

It was part of a plea deal that saw the two other misdemeanor counts Jones was facing – assault and disorderly conduct – dropped. A fourth charge, a felony count after Jones allegedly spit on a jail nurse, had been dropped earlier.

Jones was arrested in the early morning hours of Jan. 3, less than two days after the Bengals’ regular-season finale.

In the courtroom of Cincinnati Municipal Court Judge Dwane Mallory on Tuesday, Jones apologized for his actions, and also to the police officer he accosted.

“I’d like to apologize for my actions that night, to the police officer, that is not an example of me or how I want my kids to see me,” Jones said in court. “I truly apologize for what I did, for my actions. I’m trying to get better every day.”

A video taken inside the police cruiser and released by Cincinnati police showed Jones, in the back of the car, cursing at the officer and saying, “I hope you die tomorrow.”

Jones is currently undergoing anger-management classes. He is still subject to NFL discipline.

6 hours ago, High School Harry said:

“I’d like to apologize for my actions that night, to the police officer, that is not an example of me or how I want my kids to see me,” Jones said in court. “

Lulz....... That's just one of many examples of you. :lol:

No evidence to support any claim head-butting, eye-poking, or any type of physical assault.

Basically Pac lost his shit because he was getting arrested for soemth8ing he didn't do.

He deserves to be punished for his behavior, but this is very minor compared to what he was charged with.  It is wrong to act a fool, but it isn't much of a threat to society.  No one was injured or even threatened.

It had been over ten years since Pac had been convicted of any crime, and this is pretty minor.  I say a one game suspension from the league.

2 hours ago, fredtoast said:

No evidence to support any claim head-butting, eye-poking, or any type of physical assault.

Basically Pac lost his shit because he was getting arrested for soemth8ing he didn't do.

He deserves to be punished for his behavior, but this is very minor compared to what he was charged with.  It is wrong to act a fool, but it isn't much of a threat to society.  No one was injured or even threatened.

It had been over ten years since Pac had been convicted of any crime, and this is pretty minor.  I say a one game suspension from the league.

Lol...really

I think he's getting at least 4 games as a lifetime achievement award of sorts. He's been in the news a lot this offseason and none of it has been good. 

5 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Lol...really

I think he's getting at least 4 games as a lifetime achievement award of sorts. He's been in the news a lot this offseason and none of it has been good. 

The media makes a way bigger deal out of things than Pacman has done since in Cincy. Dude has a drinking problem and an anger problem but the media makes you think he's running around the city punching people out and pulling guns on someone a few times a year. I was thinking he'd get 2 games.

10 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

The media makes a way bigger deal out of things than Pacman has done since in Cincy. Dude has a drinking problem and an anger problem but the media makes you think he's running around the city punching people out and pulling guns on someone a few times a year. I was thinking he'd get 2 games.

If the guy has a drinking and anger problem you really don't know what's coming next.  

Jones is a clown who appears to have diminishing skills.  The fact that he is viewed as a leader in the locker room makes it worse.  He needs to go.  Redeeming aside, his undisciplined behavior on and off the field is accepted and tells younger guys this is how you can do it in Cincinnati.

I feel like he either gets 0 games and surprises a lot of people or 8-16 games and surprises a lot of people.

For some reason I'm not feeling the 1-3 game suspension with Pacman. I've predicted 0 games because a lot of the offseason stuff has been Pacman just being a douche and not really committing serious crimes, but the NFL has cracked down on things in the past to make an example of people.

Martavis Bryant, a very important piece to a top organization, got suspended for a YEAR for smoking some pot on multiple occasions. The NFL has been driving home the whole "don't screw up multiple times or else you're fucked" ideology, so it wouldn't be too surprising to see them drop the hammer on Jones citing his past few incidents as repeated negative behavior.

9 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

The fact that he could just as easily be suspended indefinitely as not at all speaks to the integrity of the NFL conduct policy.

Well a lot of it comes down to being a bit more subjective than the substance abuse policy. Like Martavis for example, he failed a couple times and boom, season long suspension. They have a system set where 1 offense = X, 2 offenses = X, etc. etc.

Jones gets arrested but isn't charged with anything but a small misdemeanor and has had altercations in the past but a lot of them were years ago. There isn't really a set policy for that like the substance abuse suspensions they hand out. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just pointing out that I don't feel it's lack of integrity or bust. It's just subjective punishment and then from there it's a different conversation of whether the integrity of the policy is in question or not. Just because there is a rationale where Pacman doesn't get anything and a different rationale where Pac could serve a year long suspension doesn't 100% mean there's any bias or dishonesty, just that some people may see things different ways than others.

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

Well a lot of it comes down to being a bit more subjective than the substance abuse policy. Like Martavis for example, he failed a couple times and boom, season long suspension. They have a system set where 1 offense = X, 2 offenses = X, etc. etc.

Jones gets arrested but isn't charged with anything but a small misdemeanor and has had altercations in the past but a lot of them were years ago. There isn't really a set policy for that like the substance abuse suspensions they hand out. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just pointing out that I don't feel it's lack of integrity or bust. It's just subjective punishment and then from there it's a different conversation of whether the integrity of the policy is in question or not. Just because there is a rationale where Pacman doesn't get anything and a different rationale where Pac could serve a year long suspension doesn't 100% mean there's any bias or dishonesty, just that some people may see things different ways than others.

Punishment being doled out based on revenue and PR does not demonstrate the "strong moral principles" that define integrity.

48 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Punishment being doled out based on revenue and PR does not demonstrate the "strong moral principles" that define integrity.

Is there any proof of punishment being doled out based on revenue and PR?

It doesn't prove some sort of lack of integrity by the NFL just because some random fans on a message board can't agree on how many games Adam Jones will be suspended for. It would be nice (but not expected) to see you admit that maybe, possibly, sometimes subjective rulings are made a certain way due to people seeing things differently and not because of bias. You constantly come off with these conspiracies (don't get mad at that word) as if they're factual when they're anything but. It's just like, your opinion, man.

15 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Is there any proof of punishment being doled out based on revenue and PR?

The Ray Rice fiasco wasn't enough for you?  How would you explain the way that was handled?

It would be nice to see you admit to resorting to ad hominem arguments when your statements are questioned.

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

The Ray Rice fiasco wasn't enough for you?  How would you explain the way that was handled?

I'm not sure if them fucking up 1 incident proves that all (or most, or even very many) of decisions they make they make is biased based on a team's revenue lol I mean, I honestly believe you're intelligent enough to understand how illogical that is.

Just now, omgdrdoom said:

I'm not sure if them fucking up 1 incident proves that all (or most, or even very many) of decisions they make they make is biased based on a team's revenue lol I mean, I honestly believe you're intelligent enough to understand how illogical that is.

You: "Well do you have any evidence?"

Me: *well-documented & highly public case*

You: "Well that evidence doesn't prove anything anyway, something-something illogical."

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

You: "Well do you have any evidence?"

Me: *well-documented & highly public case*

You: "Well that evidence doesn't prove anything anyway, something-something illogical."

I asked for proof of the NFL doling out suspensions based on revenue, not evidence that they may have mishandled 1 single case of a team that doesn't prove anything regarding them doling out suspensions based on revenue.

You're too hard lined on the 100% extreme viewpoint of "this 1 thing that happened 1 time proves EVERYTHING ELSE I WANT IT TO!!!". Not having this conversation with you again, you're so fucking hard headed and refuse to budge from an extremist stance. I'm out. You still refuse to admit that maybe sometimes things can happen without bias. You can "win" this one. Have the last word all you'd like.

Yeah I'm not having this pointless argument again but LOL at your little tantrum followed by

You can "win" this one. Have the last word all you'd like.

Who do you think you're kidding with this passive-aggressive "fuck you, but now watch me take the high road" chicanery

6 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

If the guy has a drinking and anger problem you really don't know what's coming next.  

Jones is a clown who appears to have diminishing skills.  The fact that he is viewed as a leader in the locker room makes it worse.  He needs to go.  Redeeming aside, his undisciplined behavior on and off the field is accepted and tells younger guys this is how you can do it in Cincinnati.

Which is one of the reasons why they haven't won a playoff game with this guy on the team, although I'm NOT saying that he is the reason why the Bengals haven't won. An undisciplined team will fall apart in the big moments when things get tough, regardless of the talent level.

When you are playing the best of the best in a single elimination playoff game, the most disciplined team that doesn't beat themselves wins, not the most talented or "better" team. Pacman clearly doesn't have much discipline and the fact that he is considered to be a team leader speaks volumes to the level of ineptitude of the coaching staff and front office, imho. 

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

The coaches still approve of the captains, imo he shouldn't be an option because he shouldn't be on the roster. 

Doesn't say much for the locker room, point being. Maybe it was meant as a gesture of support & solidarity after the WC game bs? Otherwise IDK.

9 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

such diminishing skills...

IMG_1746.jpg

Jones is a jackass and he's a good CB.  

The biggest joke is the NFL pretending like they care about the types of players they have employed.  There should be NO punishment for anything a player does off the field.  We have a legal system for that.  The legal system may be broken (that isn't for debate here) but the NFL is not above the Judicial system and should know their role and just provide entertainment.  I don't need Roger Goodell deciding if guys should be suspended or not.  If they want to permanently ban guys if they have a felony or something then fine but this bullshit made up suspension system up to the discretion of a total piece of shit commish is not right.

I don't think it's piety that makes me prefer the face of the team not be an angry drunk best known for spitting on people.

Like, I get your point & all, and in fact a similar argument made me rethink  my attitude about drafting Mixon, but do you really want to make your stand with this particular guy?

Archived