Based on all the reports and rumors, it doesn't sound like Gio is going to have to go on PUP. 

Seems like worst case is he'd miss the first few games, but just as likely he's ready to go Week 1. 

Still don't see any reason to cut Hill. He's cheap and we don't have any better options for the 3rd RB. 

On 5/24/2017 at 10:26 AM, rcarpenter62 said:

What are the chances that Hill has weeks where he is not active on game day?

I think this will end up being a real possibility depending upon how the numbers shake out. I assume they will keep Cedric Peerman as the 4th RB and if so, he'll be active because he's the special teams captain.

Most seasons, they've only had 3 RBs on the active 45-man gameday roster so even though Hill would technically be ahead of Peerman on the depth chart, he would probably be the inactive RB due to special teams.

1 hour ago, happyrid said:

I think this will end up being a real possibility depending upon how the numbers shake out. I assume they will keep Cedric Peerman as the 4th RB and if so, he'll be active because he's the special teams captain.

Most seasons, they've only had 3 RBs on the active 45-man gameday roster so even though Hill would technically be ahead of Peerman on the depth chart, he would probably be the inactive RB due to special teams.

That was my thought as well.  When/If Gio is 100%, and Mixon is carrying the load (which I think happens week 1), the 3rd active RB simply has to play special teams.

Archived