Trump Investigations

Jamie_B

• 2 weeks later...

Thought this was interesting....

After nearly three years in federal custody, a racketeer who was convicted of running an international gambling and money laundering ring in partnership trincherstt.jpg

with a notorious Moscow crimelord is now living under house arrest on the 63rd floor of Trump Tower, three floors down from Trump’s penthouse, which is still home to First Lady Melania Trump and the couple’s 11-year-old son.

Vadim Trincher, 56, pleaded guilty in 2013 to running what a federal prosecutor called “one of the biggest bookmaking operations in the world,” an international racketeering enterprise that, beginning in 2006, laundered a total of approximately $100 million in gambling proceeds. Of that amount, $50 million was transferred into  the U.S., often through a series of shell corporations in Cyprus that would issue phony loan agreements.

[Trincher and his wife Elena are pictured above in their Trump Tower home.]

One of Trincher’s partners in the gambling operation--and a codefendant in the criminal case brought by former United States Attorney Preet Bharara--was Alimzhan Tokhtakhounov, a Russian crime boss already under indictment for allegedly attempting to fix a figure skating competition at the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City. Tokhtakhounov, investigators allege, used his political, business, and criminal connections in Russia to recruit clients for the gambling operation. The fugitive gangster, nicknamed “Taiwanchik,” also made sure that gambling debts were paid.

According to federal agents, the “Taiwanchik-Trincher Organization” catered primarily to “millionaires and billionaires across the globe” who placed large bets--often in the hundreds of thousands of dollars--on soccer matches (and sometimes NBA and Major League Baseball games). The gambling ring’s wealthy clientele primarily resided in Russia and Ukraine, according to court records.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/house-arrest-in-trump-tower-378095

• 1 month later...

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/national-international/Donald-Trump-Jr-Release-Emails-Russian-Lawyer-433852983.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DCBrand

President Donald Trump's eldest son has released an email chain that he says led to a meeting with a Russian lawyer in June, during the presidential campaign.

In the emails, Donald Trump Jr. is told that the lawyer has been given incriminating information on Hillary Clinton supplied to a billionaire linked to Russian President Vladimir Putin by a Russian prosecutor. He is told that a "Russian government attorney" was arriving in New York City from Moscow to meet. 

The revelations about the meeting, which took place in Trump Tower and was attended by Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner and then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort, have fueled new questions about the Trump campaign's possible ties to Moscow, which are being scrutinized by federal and congressional investigators. 

In one email, Donald Trump Jr. is told: "The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras (Agalarov) this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father. This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped by Aras and Emin" Agalarov, Aras' son.

So apparently Trump Jr (and stand in for Patrick Bateman) has admitted to a meeting with a Russian Lawyer who said she had damaging info on Clinton's involvement with the Russians, to which he is suggesting this woman had nothing and was "incoherent". This was a meeting he has before denied happened.

Uhm, you we're meeting with the Russians to try to get damaging info (that didn't exist) on your opponent..... the Russians....

All this while Trump Sr is suggesting that he and Putin are going to set up a cyber security group to ensure that election tampering doesn't happen in the future.

Think about that for a minute.....

On 7/11/2017 at 11:49 AM, Jamie_B said:

All this while Trump Sr is suggesting that he and Putin are going to set up a cyber security group to ensure that election tampering doesn't happen in the future.

Think about that for a minute.....

I can explain that.

When he says "election tampering" he doesn't mean the Russians or some other foreign power, he means the 15th Amendment. 

I'm still trying to figure out what crime was committed here. Trump people, (non-government people back in June), met with Russian people, (again non-government people), to discuss pre-election strategy against an opponent. This happens all the time in every election at every level. Sure, being a foreign country makes it odd, admittedly, but I don't think it's illegal. 

So everyone shows up, the dirt on Hillary turns out to be a pretense, and nothing election related is discussed. I've read that the female Russian attorney wanted to discuss the Magnitsky Act or the Dima Yakovlev Law, seeing both in a lot places. 

The attention this is getting is much ado about nothing. Flame away...

Yeah it's hilarious to me how all these folks who like to consider themselves such die-hard patriots have no issue at all with a Russian former KGB agent meddling in our elections.  Tell us more about the dire need for "Voter ID" laws, why don't you?

So everyone shows up, the dirt on Hillary turns out to be a pretense, and nothing election related is discussed. I've read that the female Russian attorney wanted to discuss the Magnitsky Act or the Dima Yakovlev Law, seeing both in a lot places. 

Here we have some dude claiming that they weren't really discussing election tampering, they just used that as a pretense to discuss something totally harmless.  Dude.. What are you smoking? 

Hey speaking of which, maybe we could meet up to discuss you selling me some of that crack rock BUT OH WHAT I REALLY MEAN IS I'D LIKE TO PURCHASE YOUR USED LAWNMOWER.  I just said that stuff about the crack so nobody got suspicious about the totally legal thing we're really doing!  LOL nothing to see here folks!

Fucking listen to your bullshit for a moment and ask why anyone without Trump and/or Putin's balls on their chin would actually believe that.  I mean I understand that y'all really identify with a self-absorbed megadouche and envy him because he's rich and can get away with saying the horribly ignorant shit you only dare to think, but are you really that committed to going down with his ship? 

17 hours ago, Enon Bengal said:

I'm still trying to figure out what crime was committed here. Trump people, (non-government people back in June), met with Russian people, (again non-government people), to discuss pre-election strategy against an opponent. This happens all the time in every election at every level. Sure, being a foreign country makes it odd, admittedly, but I don't think it's illegal. 

The attention this is getting is much ado about nothing. Flame away...

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/07/12/what-is-collusion-215366

From the article.....

"For example, if Donald Trump Jr. sought “dirt” on Hillary Clinton from the Russians, he might be charged with conspiring to violate the election laws of the United States, which prohibit foreign nationals from contributing any “thing of value” to an electoral campaign. The opposition dirt is at least plausibly a thing of value. And to the extent that the Trump campaign aided, abetted or advised the Russians (or any other hackers) about what would be most useful to steal from the Democrats or how best to enhance the impact of their release, they may well have violated the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act."

I really hope we are not at a point where colluding with a hostile foreign country to effect the outcome of our elections is a partisan "left/right" issue. If we are at that point it is a incredibly scary place to be. 

• 3 months later...

Manafort and Gates plead Not Guilty to Conspiracy against the US.

Papadopoulos pleads Guilty to lying to the FBI

The special counsel has asked for $10 million bail for Manafort, $5 million bail for Gates. Both termed "flight risks." The court stands now in recess.

On 7/14/2017 at 7:11 PM, Enon Bengal said:

I'm still trying to figure out what crime was committed here.

Even if no law was broken, don't you have a problem with Russia (or any foreign government) trying to influence our elections?

Shouldn't elections for U S leaders be controlled by U S citizens?  Don't our interests outweigh those of foreign countries?

I hate all politicians, but you have to wonder... if they had any evidence of collusion AT ALL, don’t you think we’d already have impeachment proceedings started?

I know that doesn’t play nice with the most popular rhetoric, that being “because he won he’s guilty”, but the Stay Puft Cheetoh SHOULD be impeached if collusion is proven, which I don’t think it will be sadly enough. All anyone has is hearsay and innuendo, meanwhile the DNC is looking more guilty by the minute. This while the GOP fiddles while Rome is burning...

Our current political machine is the perfect rendering and exact match for a Mongolian Clusterfuck.

19 minutes ago, CincyInDC said:

Federal investigations are notoriously slow, methodical and when charges are brought they tend to be slam-dunks. 

Yeah they definitely don't indict people over "hearsay and innuendo."   That being said, we've elected a President who had fairly obvious ties to mafia money laundering so the impression I'm getting is that a whole lot of people simply don't care if he's a criminal.  The people who voted for him are fine with him being a former KGB agent's bitch; it's bizarre.  These same people generally self-identify as some kind of hardcore patriot, often believed the Manchurian Candidate conspiracy theories about Obama being some Muslim sleeper agent, yet continue to support Trump through all of this & more.  

42 minutes ago, CincyInDC said:

Federal investigations are notoriously slow, methodical and when charges are brought they tend to be slam-dunks. 

What is the DNC more and more guilty of by the minute? 

Uranium One, the “meeting that meant nothing on the tarmac”... etc.

Believe me, I spare NO party or politician. The very fact the Trump won the nomination should be proof that our country is fucking moronic... let alone win the presidency.

I don’t believe Trump is guilty of everything he’s being blamed for, as well as Clinton isn’t guilty of everything they’ve said she has done.

I do believe American politics jumped the shark decades ago and it’s all very completely fucked.

None of them give a rats ass about right or wrong, good and bad, and the American citizen is the LEAST of their cares.

Triangulating this shit isn't easy; lots of vectors to consider. This'll be longish, especially as I recommend that you read in full the articles I'll link to, but I hope some of you will take the time.

Read an interesting piece today, "John Boehner Unchained". I enjoy this type of article for the background details that are often provided. In this one, you'll get a sense of the centrifugal forces at work in the Republican party. And a nice precis on the party from Gingrich to present. Of note, consider the bits where deal-making and compromise are contrasted with hard-line stubbornness and refusal to compromise.

Nor is all well with the Democratic party. Read Gaius Publius' piece, "Defining Neoliberalism". And while this applies to both parties in spades, the Dem side of this wasn't super prominent until this past election. But the Third Way has been around for a long time. More on the Dems in a moment. The key aspect of this article is that it lays out one of the major currents of what I have on occasion described as this ocean of shit we are living in. Publius makes this point, too, and much better than I have.

Now, the Dems have their own centrifugal forces at work. The DNC is doubling down on neoliberalism as demonstrated by its recent purge of lefties (Sanders types) from important places in the organization. (See "It's Still Their Party: What the DNC Purge Means for the Democrats' Left Flank.") Also, note what Tony Podesta did today: "The Sudden Fall of Washington's Ultimate Powerbroker." This is directly related to the Mueller investigation.

Okay. Now let's see if we can find some fixed points from which to triangulate.

1) Geopolitics: A US-centric world versus an emerging multi-polar world. It's in the interest of the establishment to preserve "the end of History" at least as a thin veneer to maintaining its power. Think NATO out-of-area-deployments, sundry Color Revolutions, China (and its One Belt, One Road initiative) and Russia (which under Putin has pushed back against the wholesale looting by the West in the wake of Gorbachev and Yeltsin. He's keeping the corruption local!) And especially consider how this is playing out in the Ukraine. For one aspect of this, read Nick Turse: "A Red Scare in the Gray Zone." (And while you are at it, you might want to read his book about Vietnam and contrast it to the Burns documentary. A generally positive review. A generally negative review.)

2) Corruption: Savoir Faire is Everywhere! And the Mueller investigation is Klondike Kat.

And we need to keep in mind that Klondike Kat (Mueller/Comey, et al.) is the enforcement arm of the establishment. As has been true throughout history, there is good corruption and bad corruption--arbitrarily defined by the powers that be.

3) Domestic politics: As both parties suffer from serious flaws and ongoing disaffection from larger portions of the populace, the rising "danger" of populism threatens to completely upend the plutocratic apple cart. And while President Trump is the "Bully-in-Chief" with all the negatives that entail, it isn't too hard to imagine that had Sanders won the presidency, he'd be getting similar treatment, from a different set of predicates, from the establishment.

That's enough for the moment. Maybe some more later. The key thing to do is to separate out the above points as distinct tendencies, then to see how they play within this fluid but ongoing project to de-legitimize the Trump administration. Perhaps with good reason, but also perhaps with impure motives for many within the political establishment.

10 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

Uranium One, the “meeting that meant nothing on the tarmac”... etc.

Believe me, I spare NO party or politician. The very fact the Trump won the nomination should be proof that our country is fucking moronic... let alone win the presidency.

I don’t believe Trump is guilty of everything he’s being blamed for, as well as Clinton isn’t guilty of everything they’ve said she has done.

I do believe American politics jumped the shark decades ago and it’s all very completely fucked.

None of them give a rats ass about right or wrong, good and bad, and the American citizen is the LEAST of their cares.

I was hoping you'd say the DNC was guilty of cheating Bernie, or that Donna Brasil was guilty of sending Hillary questions before the debate. 

The Uranium One stuff has been disproven for a while

Snoopes - https://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

Politifact - http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/oct/24/what-you-need-know-about-hillary-clinton-and-urani/

13 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I was hoping you'd say the DNC was guilty of cheating Bernie, or that Donna Brasil was guilty of sending Hillary questions before the debate. 

The Uranium One stuff has been disproven for a while

Snoopes - https://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

Politifact - http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/oct/24/what-you-need-know-about-hillary-clinton-and-urani/

Well the screwing of Bernie and the Hillary cheating goes without saying...

The Uranium One has NOT been found untrue, because it has not been investigated thoroughly. Snopes has been outed as a DNC controlled lying machine and politifact does nothing except try to diffuse and water down truths and or lies. Look at that link you provided... "seemed to say" "mostly false" "appear fishy" "couldn't verify" .

How can you accept that sketchy write up as disproving anything? 

It's the same with all the conservative Fox viewers... "FOX said it isn't so, so it isn't"...

Come on man... the only thing that those bullshit articles are saying is that they don't BELIEVE that she was guilty of a quid pro quo deal, and they can't prove she wasn't. Look at the updates and pay attention to the puppet master, not the puppet. ALL politicians receive funding from shady foreigners, ALL of them. Why Clinton supporters deny this is beyond me, and only serves to make the so called "educated liberals" look moronic.

Truth is, the stereotype of of the Trump supporters as uneducated rednecks on welfare with confederate flags hanging from their trailers is one of the reasons the DNC has went down in flames. The idiot liberals believe themselves superior, and can't possibly believe that their inferiors would beat them.

Beat them they did... and then the even bigger hypocrisy begins. When Trump said he wouldn't honor the election if he lost, the hue and cry of TREASON emanated from the bowels of democrats/liberals everywhere.

Yet what have you heard since they lost?

"NOT MY PRESIDENT"

"COLLUSION"

"I WILL NOT ACCEPT HIM AS PRESIDENT"

Fucking hypocrites... which allowed the asshats in GOP land to take over.

Thanks idiots, you contributed greatly to this fucktard being president with your high brow, self righteous, condescending, holier than thou fucked up attitudes.  

Now we have the "other side of idiocy" in charge of the House, Senate, Supreme Court... all the pussy grabbing, me first, good old boy network, supposedly christian, little boy fuckers running around happier than a pig in shit.

Sadly, all of the adjectives used describes BOTH parties if the truth be told. Wake up people, there really is no difference in the political parties.

Power hungry megalomaniacs looking to get even more power, richer, and further removed from reality are running our lives... controlling the group mind-think with their controlled media, while the peasants fight among themselves over whether statues of Columbus should be torn down, whether little kids can wear whatever they want on Halloween without offending someone (the damn kids don't care), and especially go at each other over whose political figurehead sucks more.

We all lose, they all suck.

Archived