Trump Investigations

Jamie_B

If you don't think that Travel Ban is facist in nature I dont know what to say to you.

The native American thing is so far beyond stupid I dont know what to even say to it. According to her she was told by her parents that she had native american roots, but even if you dont believe that she has never benefited from it, the folks at Harvard themselves came out and said it never entered their conversation when they were hiring her. It's a dumb controversy.

You don't see me defending Clinton or the DNC, I realize that the vast majority of Democrats are sell outs too.....I am suggesting that not ALL of them are.

And we don't entirely disagree that the plutocrats want us to keep fighting....it's just the stuff we are fighting about that they use are wedge issues that keep us from rising up against them.

Or and this one is more diabolical...they create entire schools and think tanks dedicated to pushing their corporate agenda so as to confuse the masses with words like "Liberty" so that people think that any action done by government is against "liberty" so that these folks keep fighting against themselves....

What I am suggesting is that while I believe a large majority of bother parties are corporate whores, I do not beleive that ALL of them are.

31 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

If you don't think that Travel Ban is facist in nature I dont know what to say to you.

The native American thing is so far beyond stupid I dont know what to even say to it. According to her she was told by her parents that she had native american roots, but even if you dont believe that she has never benefited from it, the folks at Harvard themselves came out and said it never entered their conversation when they were hiring her. It's a dumb controversy.

You don't see me defending Clinton or the DNC, I realize that the vast majority of Democrats are sell outs too.....I am suggesting that not ALL of them are.

And we don't entirely disagree that the plutocrats want us to keep fighting....it's just the stuff we are fighting about that they use are wedge issues that keep us from rising up against them.

Or and this one is more diabolical...they create entire schools and think tanks dedicated to pushing their corporate agenda so as to confuse the masses with words like "Liberty" so that people think that any action done by government is against "liberty" so that these folks keep fighting against themselves....

What I am suggesting is that while I believe a large majority of bother parties are corporate whores, I do not beleive that ALL of them are.

The travel ban is more an indictment of our present methods to keep our country safe from external terrorists while ignoring the internal terrorists.

As I stated in other threads, if you want to believe that Islams aim is not world domination, then you haven't seen, lived, experienced what I have.

The liberalistic viewpoint that "you can't condemn all muslims for the action of a few" is made in a vacuum of utopian ideas, and not based on real world events.

Muslims in America, for the most part, are NOTHING like muslims in the rest of the world, and any religion that tells you that it is ok to lie is VERY suspect to me.

As far as think tanks and schools dedicated to pushing their agendas... I very much believe that this is true.

That aside, your beliefs that not all of them are sellouts and corporate whores is a noble belief, and I wish it were true as well.

My 53 years of experience have shown me different, so I will agree to disagree with you. 

I wish you only knew how badly that I wish you were right...

Merry Christmas to you and yours Jamie

Outside of the older brother in the Boston bombing, every single terrorist attack on US soil has been done by US Citizens. I'm not sure what the Travel Ban exactly accomplishes other than to enflame tensions between the US and Middle Eastern countries.

Same with this recent decision to recognize Jeruslim as the capitol of Israel.

It's almost as if we are trying to make things worse with regard to any relations we might have over there.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Outside of the older brother in the Boston bombing, every single terrorist attack on US soil has been done by US Citizens. I'm not sure what the Travel Ban exactly accomplishes other than to enflame tensions between the US and Middle Eastern countries.

Same with this recent decision to recognize Jeruslim as the capitol of Israel.

It's almost as if we are trying to make things worse with regard to any relations we might have over there.

There is more to it than meets the eye, such as the imams that influence the american citizens with their hate filled rhetoric... but there is also the point that you make that cannot be argued.

I actually think that this Jerusalem decision is part of his "I'm the best deal broker that ever was", and he's trying to leverage something for some kind of harebrained deal down the road... but who the hell knows with him?

I personally think we should've pulled totally out of the middle east decades ago and let them kill each other like they have for eons.

May sound cold hearted, but it's the truth. They hate each other more thoroughly than anyone ever has in the annals of human history.  

4 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

There is more to it than meets the eye, such as the imams that influence the american citizens with their hate filled rhetoric... but there is also the point that you make that cannot be argued.

I actually think that this Jerusalem decision is part of his "I'm the best deal broker that ever was", and he's trying to leverage something for some kind of harebrained deal down the road... but who the hell knows with him?

I personally think we should've pulled totally out of the middle east decades ago and let them kill each other like they have for eons.

May sound cold hearted, but it's the truth. They hate each other more thoroughly than anyone ever has in the annals of human history.  

I'm much more dubious in that I think it's red meat to his evangelical followers who believe in the biblical prophecies about Isreal. It's a bone to the Christian Zionists, that allows him to keep their support.

Unfortunately for the rest of us it's going to cause bigger issues. Hamas is already saying so...
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/12/hamas-leader-jerusalem-decision-war-declaration-171207083427072.html

Not that I think Hamas is a great organization but they do have the ear of many Palestinians

23 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

There is nothing any country can do to bring peace to the middle east as long as the governments of those countries are tied directly to religion.  No amount of sanctions, diplomacy, bombs, or troops will bring peace to that area until they realize that they have to separate their religion from their politics.

And the more religion influences our politics here in the United States the more problems we will have bot domestically and internationally.

On 12/7/2017 at 2:23 PM, USN Bengal said:

The liberalistic viewpoint that "you can't condemn all muslims for the action of a few" is made in a vacuum of utopian ideas, and not based on real world events.

Muslims in America, for the most part, are NOTHING like muslims in the rest of the world, and any religion that tells you that it is ok to lie is VERY suspect to me.

Moderate Muslims in America are very much like moderate Muslims from the rest of the world.  In fact many moderate Muslims in America were born and raised in other countries.  I'd guess that a large majority of them are no more than one generation removed from foreign heritage. 

The people who claim "you can't condemn all Muslims for the actions of a few" are correct.  People like you who condemn Muslims who are currently serving in the US military because "All Muslims are working toward worldwide Muslim control" are the ones living in a vacuum.

If all Muslims everywhere except the United States are all focused on nothing but worldwide domination by Muslims, then why are so many moderate Muslims around the world voting, or fighting, or protesting to remove their conservative "war hawk" leaders?

On 12/9/2017 at 12:33 PM, Homer_Rice said:

There is a big difference between military action and "Imperialism".  Our military has bases all over the world to protect our economic interests, not to subjugate and oppress the natives.  If we were practicing "Imperialism" then we would have taken the oil from Iraq.  We have more troops in Japan (44K) than any other country on earth, but I don't see us controlling their economy.

I agree that we need to cut back on our use of military to try and control the rest of the world, but we are acting more like police than landlords.  If people really want to address this issue than need to see it for what it really is instead of trying to spin it into "Imperialism".

Not denying that the citizens of some countries have suffered when we "decided" who their leaders would be, but there is a difference between influencing the politics of a country and making it a colony.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:07 PM, USN Bengal said:

Ok, then can you tell me why you think they aren't all the same? Like... I don't know... evidence that they are not?

What you refer to as "jaded" is what I call "reality based on the evidence before me".

Dude, I fucking left the country and even *I* think you're jaded...:lol:

On 12/7/2017 at 2:28 PM, Jamie_B said:

He needs another big terror attack here to support his position on immigration and military spending.   He is intentionally trying to provoke one.  Same reason he was re-tweeting those anti-Muslim propaganda videos earlier this week.

12 hours ago, fredtoast said:

He needs another big terror attack here to support his position on immigration and military spending.   He is intentionally trying to provoke one.  Same reason he was re-tweeting those anti-Muslim propaganda videos earlier this week.

It kills me that Huckabee Sanders has the nerve to go in on reporters misreporting something in one breath while casually sweeping away the Presidents BS with another. 

14 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

It kills me that Huckabee Sanders has the nerve to go in on reporters misreporting something in one breath while casually sweeping away the Presidents BS with another. 

Two wrongs definitely don't make a right... of course, that's just to you and me... politicians have their own "standards".

16 hours ago, Homer_Rice said:

Got a version of this in "grown up" language?  I tried to read it, but never could figure out how the evil deep state forced Flynn to lie.

The best I could make out this guy was claiming that it was impossible for the Russians to provide this information without doing it over the telephone.

I actually try to read opposing opinions to make sure I get both sides of the story, but this story seemed to be written in some sort of extreme right-wing code.  For example what does this paragraph even mean

"Likewise, Baby George Papadopoulos was a 29-year old kid who got drafted onto Trump’s foreign policy advisory panel from, apparently, the phone book when the GOP foreign policy establishment boycotted to nearly a man/women the Trump campaign prior to the convention."

Why does his age and where he came from make it impossible for him to have acted as a conduit for this information?  Are they claiming that Trump added people to his foreign policy advisory panel and had them meet with the Russians fro absolutely no reason at all?

And according to Trump himself Carter page advised him on foreign policy during the 2016 campaign, yet here is what this article says about him.

"But Carter Page was a no-count volunteer who went to Moscow on his own dime and who never even met Trump."

This entire article is nothing but biased bullshit garbage.  I could tell by the language it was written in and confirmed when I read the entire content.

18 hours ago, Homer_Rice said:

The argument that the the statute is too vague is very weak.   Statutes have to be written in broad terms in order to cover a wide range of activities.  A court will only find a statute to be "too vague" if a person reading the statute can not tell if it applies to his actions.  But at least this is a legitimate argument worth taking to court.

however the rest of this article runs toward the absurd.  For example

"But can there really be a compelling government interest in American citizens not speaking to foreign governments about matters connected to U.S. policy, which could include anything from oil fields to intellectual property? That seems unlikely."

I can think of a bunch of examples where powerful private economic interests in the United States would feel that something like an arms reduction treaty or a peace treaty in an oil rich area could have a negative impact on their profits.  They would be highly motivated to influence a foreign government to reject negotiated offers from the United States.  There are private corporations that are actually more powerful than some small countries.

3 hours ago, Homer_Rice said:

I'd rather discuss the actual topics in this thread.

Got any answer for why it was impossible for George Papadopoulos to act as a conduit for information from the Russians to Trump.  Or why anyone trying to make a serious point would call him "Baby George"?  

Yeah, I didn't think so.  I notice that when I stump people they resort to calling me a troll instead of addressing the gaping hole in their argument.  

On 12/6/2017 at 1:05 PM, USN Bengal said:

For example... All the screaming about the latest run of tax cuts is hilarious to me, because this isn't the first time this has happened and rarely have the middle class on down ever NOT been screwed over. It may not be evident at first, but in the end the little guy gets fucked, regardless if it's a democrap or republicant controlled bill.

See, it is statements like this that make it hard for me to follow your logic.

You claim the Democrats want this just as much as the Republicans yet the Democrats are fighting tooth and nail to stop it for the exact same reasons you claim it is a bad idea.

If the democrats are "in on it" then why are they fighting so hard to stop it?

Archived