Trump Investigations

Jamie_B

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:51 PM, oldschooler said:

REPUBLICAN Congressman (and attorney) from Michigan.

Read the entire thread

Sadly I think he ends up getting his knees cut off as the Republican party has become more about protecting themselves than about anything else.

14 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Sadly I think he ends up getting his knees cut off as the Republican party has become more about protecting themselves than about anything else.

I'd expect something like rats fleeing the sinking ship.  

MUELLER: "Under long-standing department policy, a president cannot be charged with a federal crime while he's in office. That is unconstitutional ... Charging the president with a crime was therefore not an option we could consider."

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1133752757066915840

MUELLER: "If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1133757374966239233

10 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

watching these people spin is sad, i think its pretty clear what he said as far as its on Congress' hands now

Waiting for Congress to act on matters of immediate national importance; what could go wrong?

DNsXXq9.jpg

On 5/30/2019 at 7:20 AM, T-Dub said:

Waiting for Congress to act on matters of immediate national importance; what could go wrong?

DNsXXq9.jpg

It's crazy when Pelosi is not willing to Impeach but Justin Amash is

6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

It's crazy when Pelosi is not willing to Impeach but Justin Amash is

Probably because Pelosi is just as corrupt.  This rot didn't start with Trump and it certainly doesn't end with him either.

On 5/31/2019 at 3:33 PM, T-Dub said:

Probably because Pelosi is just as corrupt.  This rot didn't start with Trump and it certainly doesn't end with him either.

Most likely - thing is, the never-Trumpers knew he was a con man, where most career politicians hide it a little better. I get why she is hesitant to start this impeachment, anyone on the fence will be nudged in the direction of the narrative that this really is just a witch hunt, because it will go to the Senate and be 'dead on arrival' as McConnell always says. "Stupid libruls - we beat em again! So much winning!"

On the other hand - how can you just let these dudes just IGNORE congressional subpoenas? It's really a no win situation.

Everyone keeps saying Mueller is hinting at impeachment - I just don't get that at all. Seems to me, that he said "anything I have to say is in the report, and I'm done." I don't see anything between the lines, but that's just me.

1 hour ago, Cat said:

Most likely - thing is, the never-Trumpers knew he was a con man, where most career politicians hide it a little better. I get why she is hesitant to start this impeachment, anyone on the fence will be nudged in the direction of the narrative that this really is just a witch hunt, because it will go to the Senate and be 'dead on arrival' as McConnell always says. "Stupid libruls - we beat em again! So much winning!"

On the other hand - how can you just let these dudes just IGNORE congressional subpoenas? It's really a no win situation.

Everyone keeps saying Mueller is hinting at impeachment - I just don't get that at all. Seems to me, that he said "anything I have to say is in the report, and I'm done." I don't see anything between the lines, but that's just me.

You can't not let there be any repercussions to his obstruction at all, if you do allow that it gives future Presidents carte blanche to do the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

They can't prosecute him without exposing the same systems that put them in a position to make these accusations.

This whole investigation was pointless political theater and accomplished every bit of the nothing I expected it to from the start.

Pretty amazing intelligence coup when you think about it..  A crowning achievement for a murderous former KGB agent turned dictator to be able to completely derail a rival superpower's government from within, let alone have half the population think they won something in the process.  It's impressive.

On 6/13/2019 at 7:17 AM, oldschooler said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/13/fec-election-foreign-trump-1364598?fbclid=IwAR0GwDtxaOZwEVscYpb9j2OHi43iXv0k0pQDdwjI5WrfMKY7G_ono1u-5mA

“Let me make something 100% clear to the American public and anyone running for public office: It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election,“ wrote Ellen Weintraub, chairwoman of the FEC. “This is not a novel concept.“

She also sent the statement via Twitter with the introductory line: “I would not have thought that I needed to say this.“

On 6/16/2019 at 10:50 PM, Jamie_B said:

“Let me make something 100% clear to the American public and anyone running for public office that isn't a President or Congressman obviously but, like, small-town mayors without any corporate backing or powerful friends: It is illegal for any person I'm not afraid of to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election, unless they say "no collusion" 3 times out loud,“ wrote Ellen Weintraub, chairwoman of the FEC and tough-talking nobody who likes seeing her name in print. “This is not a novel concept, or a hard guideline, but more of a suggestion.  Any further violation of these laws will be met with the strictest of Twitter posts.  Please like and subscribe or follow me on youtube for more bold statements that will amount to absolutely nothing.“

She also sent the statement via Twitter with the introductory line: “I'm not sure why I bothered to say this lol.“

FTFY

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived