Trump Investigations

Jamie_B

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/12/01/us-special-counsel-flynn-charged-with-lying-to-fbi-plea-hearing-set/23294100/#

Former National Security Advisor Michael "Lock Her Up" Flynn is being charged with lying to the FBI (this now makes 3 people charged with something related to the Russian), he is expected to plead guilty and it sounds like this is a plea deal.....which means more is coming.

*update he has now plead guilty*

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/12/01/us-special-counsel-flynn-charged-with-lying-to-fbi-plea-hearing-set/23294100/#

Former National Security Advisor Michael "Lock Her Up" Flynn is being charged with lying to the FBI (this now makes 3 people charged with something related to the Russian), he is expected to plead guilty and it sounds like this is a plea deal.....which means more is coming.

*update he has now plead guilty*

So what you are saying is that Trump is going to bomb North Korea this weekend?

JUST IN: @BrianRoss on @ABC News Special Report: Michael Flynn promised "full cooperation to the Mueller team" and is prepared to testify that as a candidate, Donald Trump "directed him to make contact with the Russians." http://abcn.ws/2AhU3Iq 

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/michael-flynn-charged-making-false-statements-fbi-documents/story?id=50849354

Flynn has promised special counsel 'full cooperation' in Russia probe

By BRIAN ROSS MATTHEW MOSK JOSH MARGOLIN ADAM KELSEY VERONICA STRACQUALURSI  Dec 1, 2017, 11:06 AM ET

Retired Lt. Gen Michael Flynn has promised “full cooperation” in the special counsel’s Russia investigation and, according to a confidant, is prepared to testify that Donald Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians, initially as a way to work together to fight ISIS in Syria.

The stunning turn comes as Flynn, who is cooperating with investigators in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe, pleaded guilty to one count of lying to the FBI about his back-channel negotiations with the Russian ambassador – talks that occurred before Trump took office. The Special Counsel made the plea agreement public Friday morning.

A close confidant told ABC News that Flynn felt abandoned by Trump in recent weeks, and told friends about the decision to make the plea deal within the last 24 hours as he grew increasingly concerned about crippling legal costs he would face if he continued to contest the charges.

“It has been extraordinarily painful to endure these many months of false accusations of ‘treason’ and other outrageous acts,” Flynn said in a statement. “Such false accusations are contrary to everything I have ever done and stood for. But I recognize that the actions I acknowledged in court today were wrong, and, through my faith in God, I am working to set things right.”

Richard Frankel, a former senior aide to Flynn and an ABC News contributor, said Flynn made his decision to cooperate under immense pressure, but he believes it is the right move for the country.

“I don't know how much General Flynn knows about any criminal activity that took place during the campaign or in the White House,” said Frankel, who also served in a senior role at the FBI. “However, General Flynn was a top adviser to President Trump in the campaign and a top adviser to him when he entered into the WH so if there are bodies buried so to speak, General Flynn would know about them in my opinion.”

Flynn was charged with lying to the FBI about the nature of his conversations with then-Russian ambassador to the United States Sergey Kislyak during the presidential transition. Those conversations led Russian officials to temper their response to increased U.S. sanctions, according to the charging documents.

The charge means Flynn could face up to five years in prison.

Flynn became the latest and most-senior Trump associate to face charges in Mueller's probe and arrived at the U.S. District courthouse accompanied by his wife and attorney Robert Kelner after having been processed at the FBI Washington Field Office, where he was fingerprinted and photographed, according to FBI officials.

In court, the retired lieutenant general was asked by Federal Judge Rudolph Contreras if he had ever been a part of similar proceedings, to which Flynn replied that he had not. Contreras then asked Kelner whether he was correct in assuming that Flynn was pleading guilty.

"Yes, your honor," said Kelner.

After the hearing, Flynn was free to go, but has to check in with authorities each week. Sentencing has been put off for now — and the judge noted that Flynn is agreeing to cooperate with authorities in other matters.

Flynn had initially resisted cooperating with the investigation, according to people close to the retired general, but he has been facing mounting legal debts and plans to sell his house to help defray costs.

He only recently learned the full scope of the charges he could potentially face. Last week, Trump lawyers received calls from Kelner, alerting them that he could no longer participate in information exchanges with other possible Mueller targets, the first public indication that a plea deal was in the works.

“My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the Special Counsel's Office reflect a decision I made in the best interests of my family and of our country,” Flynn said. “I accept full responsibility for my actions.”

Trump and his legal team have learned of Flynn's decision via news reports Friday morning, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

On Monday, Kelner was spotted exiting a meeting at Mueller’s offices in Washington, ABC News reported.

Flynn is a decorated military officer who once headed the Defense Intelligence Agency and, after leaving government, spoke frequently at Trump campaign rallies. He began facing scrutiny after it was learned he took payment to attend a Russian television event, at which he appeared seated next to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

That scrutiny only increased after he took over as Trump’s national security adviser. He was ultimately forced to resign after just a few weeks on the job after it was revealed that he misled Vice President Mike Pence and other administration officials about his meeting with the Russian ambassador.

Flynn initially denied that he discussed U.S. sanctions placed on Russia with Kislyak, but transcripts of Flynn and Kislyak’s phone calls reviewed by Justice Department lawyers showed otherwise.

Flynn was paid over $500,000 by foreign clients for consulting work and speaking fees – including contracts he allegedly failed to list on applications for security clearances and financial disclosure forms. He also only belatedly disclosed lobbying work his firm engaged in on behalf of the Turkish government.

Trump reportedly attempted to persuade the FBI to drop its investigation into Flynn’s conduct. In a Feb. 14 meeting at the White House, Trump reportedly told then-FBI Director James Comey to “let this go.”

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Trump told Comey, according to a memo Comey wrote afterwards, which was later described by the New York Times. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

On Oct. 30, two members of Trump's campaign staff, former campaign chair Paul Manafort and his longtime associate Rick Gates, were indicted on 12 counts brought by Mueller's team related to work done prior to joining the Trump campaign, including conspiracy against the U.S., conspiracy to launder money and serving as an unregistered agent of a foreign principal.

That same day, it was also revealed that a third Trump campaign adviser, George Papadopoulos, pleaded guilty earlier in the month to making false statements to FBI agents probing his attempts to arrange a meeting between Russian officials and the campaign.

ABC News' Jack Date, Geneva Sands, Mike Levine, Trish Turner and John Santucci contributed to this report.

7 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

So here is the question, if Trump is found guilty of this can the actions he preformed as President then be turned over in court?

Oh but he didn't do anything, it was all his aides. He didn't know about it.  Probably fake news anyway. Hail Trump.   

Sad thing is that this is our political machine in action... not just the republicant's. It's ALL the fuckheads that say they "represent the best interest of America."

No one cares though... the truth be damned, my special interest must take precedence!

Fuck politics and anyone who actually defends this asshole of a nation. We're ALL guilty for electing and re-electing criminals based on empty campaign promises.

So many "intelligent" people will read this and still just say "Fuck Trump, not my president!!!", when the cold hard reality is that they are fucked no matter who they elect. They just feel more comfortable being fucked by the one they selected.

20 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

Sad thing is that this is our political machine in action... not just the republicant's. It's ALL the fuckheads that say they "represent the best interest of America."

No one cares though... the truth be damned, my special interest must take precedence!

Fuck politics and anyone who actually defends this asshole of a nation. We're ALL guilty for electing and re-electing criminals based on empty campaign promises.

So many "intelligent" people will read this and still just say "Fuck Trump, not my president!!!", when the cold hard reality is that they are fucked no matter who they elect. They just feel more comfortable being fucked by the one they selected.

While I generally agree that the whole system is rigged, I would be careful about throwing every single politician under the bus for "empty campaign promises". Sometimes those promises are simply not realistic, sometimes they have to compromise and not give everything they promised in the campaign.

FDR fought for a 2nd Bill of Rights where things like right to housing, medical care, employment, social security, and an education were "promises"

We are still fighting for those things, but people don't scream that FDR was just like the rest of them.

FDR?

Having to go back that far just makes my statement even that much more true.

Funny that you would make the claim about the KKK T-Dub... they openly supported Reagan amongst others. The only difference is that the asshat Trump didn’t openly (or privately for all we know) denounce them. There were factions of the KKK who openly supported Clinton when she campaigned against Obama (for obvious reasons), and have openly supported many other politicians.

Biggest difference is that most everyone ignored the KKK and whatever the fuck the bastards did until this election.

Lets be honest... even if Trump loudly denounced them they would still accuse him of supporting them.

Our world is run by the media, and so many people get their “information” from bullshit sources that they never bother to fact check. Not only that, but the “fact checkers” themselves have come under fire as well. Doesn’t change the fact that Trump is the epitome of asshats, but it’s a sad truth nonetheless.

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

How?

Simple... politics are nothing BUT empty campaign promises. Bait and switch was invented by politicians.

FDR was how long ago? The 1940s... and think of how politics has run since then, and even before that. Bullshit promises to get votes and then change your stance by whomever has paid you the most.

Please don't give me any song and dance about "intentions", it's so blatantly big business that runs this country, and has forever, yet so many don't want to see it.

FDR fought for the right things, but he gave up... and why was that?

Big business didn't want him to win... or better yet, didn't want the average citizen to "get too much". The business controlled political machine PRATICES giving the average Joe just enough to placate them... but not too much because they make less money. When things start to get shitty, they give a little more to "shut up the masses", but find a way to take it back later.

For example... All the screaming about the latest run of tax cuts is hilarious to me, because this isn't the first time this has happened and rarely have the middle class on down ever NOT been screwed over. It may not be evident at first, but in the end the little guy gets fucked, regardless if it's a democrap or republicant controlled bill.

With that being the case... pleases tell me why the moronic citizens of America even remotely believe that "the next guy" will take care of them? 

Political affiliation be damned, there is not ONE politician that that has the average citizen on even the top 100 of their priorities.

All the fascination with Sanders is comic genius at best... so many championing him and his ideas...

He sure doesn't live them does he? 

The reason I bring him up is because he "isn't part of the GOP/DNC" same old same is he?

Bullshit... he doesn't live or practice his ideas, so why the hell would anyone believe him? He's a fucking hypocrite who shut up when Hillary and the DNC told him too... just like FDR did back in the 40s.

So many remain ignorant by choice, and try to keep their idealistic Utopian dream alive... that way they aren't "too uncomfortable" with the system and can accept their shit sandwich and ask for seconds.

Why should I "be careful about throwing every single politician under the bus for "empty campaign promises"?

It's completely true, the emporer has no clothes Jamie....

and we continue to allow it.

18 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

Ok, then can you tell me why you think they aren't all the same? Like... I don't know... evidence that they are not?

What you refer to as "jaded" is what I call "reality based on the evidence before me".

I think much of the Democratic party is marginally better than the Repbublican party, and by marginally better I mean they dont put out a guy who is an asshole as the head of their party.

But I don't think all of them are the same. Warren, Sanders, Brown amongst a small few I do believe are fighting on the right side of things. And while I may not always agree with every decision they make, especially Warren on a small few things this past year (stress small) I realize that politics is the art of compromise and that sometimes you have to do that to get things done.

If you can say with a straight face even if you disagree with his policies that Sanders is just another corporate whore like the rest of them, then yes I believe you are jaded.

56 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I think much of the Democratic party is marginally better than the Repbublican party, and by marginally better I mean they dont put out a guy who is an asshole as the head of their party.

But I don't think all of them are the same. Warren, Sanders, Brown amongst a small few I do believe are fighting on the right side of things. And while I may not always agree with every decision they make, especially Warren on a small few things this past year (stress small) I realize that politics is the art of compromise and that sometimes you have to do that to get things done.

If you can say with a straight face even if you disagree with his policies that Sanders is just another corporate whore like the rest of them, then yes I believe you are jaded.

Wow... really?

No, the DNC didn't put an asshole like Trump out there... they put out a lying murderous bitch out there who rigged the primaries and takes no blame for anything she fucked up.

She has her own ties to the KKK, ones that are PROVEN, and you don't think she's as bad as Trump?

Come the fuck on... really?

Warren is a liar, proven time and time again, as well as being near the TOP of the 1%ers. She's a liberal scam artist, easy to see through her bullshit... if you want to that is..... and if you can't see through Sanders smoke screen, then I don't think it's me being jaded as much as it is you who needs to stop looking through rose colored glasses. Sanders knuckled under and shut the fuck up instead of blowing the whistle on the DNC... so tell me how he is not a corporate whore again?The man who has never held a steady job other than being a government whore living off the backs of taxpayers.

He doesn't practice what he preaches, and to me... that is the deal breaker. All of these politicians who make a shitload more than I do, who bitch about "it's tough to make it on our minimum pay of $175,000 a year"... what the actual fuck do they know about the real American?

Nothing...

You see, I have no party affiliation. Really, none at all... and I truly abhor ALL of them. My idealism went by the wayside in my early 20s, when I saw the reality of ALL of our politicians decisions being carried out in the gallons of blood and lives of my fellow service men and women.

I can honestly say I abhor the democratic party even more, because they lie to the poor worse than the GOP does.

I was raised democrat, and also very poor. I saw all the promises, heard the rhetoric, and even when the DNC won and was in charge, the poor get fucked.

The GOP is what they always have been... and now the DNC is the same.  The lip service they give to those in need is always blown apart by them "compromising" with the GOP.

How long does it really take for people to see through the bullshit and realize that the REAL compromise is when they decide what big business offer they select to be the master of their strings? 

Warren is a liar? In what way is Warren a liar? And spare me the Pocahontas dribble

Sanders not wanting Trump to be President acquiesced to Clinton while fighting to make the platform more progressive than maybe Clinton wanted. Even so far as creating the Sanders Institute and Our Revolution to continue the fight despite his losing, but because he didn't want Trump to be president because of his belief in just how bad he is he ended up supporting the lesser of two evils while setting up institutions to continue the fight, while continuing to go out and work to change the Democratic party. And because he ended up acquiescing to Clinton THAT makes him a corporate whore?

Further this nonsense about living off the tax payers and never holding a real job is conservative talking point garbage, being an elected official is a real job and Sanders has done more than most fighting for the people.

Sometimes USN you have to acquiesce in order fight on. Every single politician or statesman ever has done that, there are no exceptions. Do you think Lincoln didn't have to compromise? Maybe read "Team of Rivals", because Lincoln....our Greatest President, had to do alot of compromising to get the things done he wanted done.

And that in lies the difference here, recognizing the need for compromise is not wearing rose colored glasses.

Yes I want a fighter for the people like I believe Sanders is, but you can't win every single fight and you have to know when to pick your battles.

A championship boxer doesnt win a championship by going out and flailing everywhere, he wins by choosing his punches. Sometimes you need to know when to choose your punches.

And that doesn't mean I like Clinton, I was in a position that she was 7% ahead of Trump in my state so I could do the right thing and not vote for her....had it been closer I may not have been able to do that....and not because I like her I abhor the Clintons and "New Democrats" for what they have done to the Democratic Party .....but I would rather have Neoliberalism and fight against it...then outright Fascism.

But you are not alone in your jaded view, I realize that...too many are too willing to give up suggesting they are "all" the same, it's the easy way out and derelict in their responsibilities as a citizen because if they are "all the same" ...why bother voting at all? Why bother fighting at all as they will just replace one corporate master with another right?

And THAT is why we are where we are.

God I hope I never lose my "idealism"

5 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Warren is a liar? In what way is Warren a liar? And spare me the Pocahontas dribble

Sanders not wanting Trump to be President acquiesced to Clinton while fighting to make the platform more progressive than maybe Clinton wanted. Even so far as creating the Sanders Institute and Our Revolution to continue the fight despite his losing, but because he didn't want Trump to be president because of his belief in just how bad he is he ended up supporting the lesser of two evils while setting up institutions to continue the fight, while continuing to go out and work to change the Democratic party. And because he ended up acquiescing to Clinton THAT makes him a corporate whore?

Further this nonsense about living off the tax payers and never holding a real job is conservative talking point garbage, being an elected official is a real job and Sanders has done more than most fighting for the people.

Sometimes USN you have to acquiesce in order fight on. Every single politician or statesman ever has done that, there are no exceptions. Do you think Lincoln didn't have to compromise? Maybe read "Team of Rivals", because Lincoln....our Greatest President, had to do alot of compromising to get the things done he wanted done.

And that in lies the difference here, recognizing the need for compromise is not wearing rose colored glasses.

Yes I want a fighter for the people like I believe Sanders is, but you can't win every single fight and you have to know when to pick your battles.

A championship boxer doesnt win a championship by going out and flailing everywhere, he wins by choosing his punches. Sometimes you need to know when to choose your punches.

And that doesn't mean I like Clinton, I was in a position that she was 7% ahead of Trump in my state so I could do the right thing and not vote for her....had it been closer I may not have been able to do that....and not because I like her I abhor the Clintons and "New Democrats" for what they have done to the Democratic Party .....but I would rather have Neoliberalism and fight against it...then outright Fascism.

But you are not alone in your jaded view, I realize that...too many are too willing to give up suggesting they are "all" the same, it's the easy way out and derelict in their responsibilities as a citizen because if they are "all the same" ...why bother voting at all? Why bother fighting at all as they will just replace one corporate master with another right?

And THAT is why we are where we are.

God I hope I never lose my "idealism"

I hope you have reasons to not lose your idealism too Jamie... I really do.

What lies for Warren?

How about the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau ? No congressional oversight, the lie about what they have accomplished (for instance, they say THEY uncovered the Wells Fargo debacle, but the LA Times did it in 2013, and the CFPB let it continue for 3 more years). She staunchly defends her baby, as it's the only thing she's known for, but she won't let her baby be held accountable for it's actions. Why not bring in the native american lies? If you're going to believe everything that is put out there about Trump, then give the same treatment to Warren.

It's only fair to treat both parties with the same derision that they've earned so well...

You say "acquiesce in order to fight on", but when do you realize that the fight is only in your and other idealists heads? 

For instance, this "outright fascism" claim is ludicrous. The only fascism that has been practiced is the violent leftists and the nazis. Where is the fascism you claim that exists?

What fascist acts have been conducted? I'd like to know exactly what transgressions there have been that have been conducted in a fascist manner?

Is Trump a fucking idiot shitbag? Yes, he is... is he fascist? I've yet to see these claims come to fruition. One of the loudest claims made of him being a fascist was when he said he wouldn't accept the outcome of the election if he lost. Well what happened?

Clinton, the DNC, and and a whole shit load of the left have been the fascists... by their own definition and actions. If they do find collusion, which I doubt they do, then the fuck should be impeached, shot, and impeached, and shot again. One thing that seems to be lost in this whole shit storm is why haven't those in the DNC who rigged the primaries for Clinton, and Clinton herself, been held accountable for what they have been proven of doing?

That's collusion from our own political machine, in our own country, and the rich fucks are getting away with it with the lefts blessing nonetheless. 

Look... there is NO DOUBT that Trump is pure shit (at least in my jaded head) but as far as I'm concerned, any other politician would just be a "Trump" in sheep's clothing. 

Had Clinton won she would just have been polished shit.

So as the nation drowns in our own produced shit tsunami... all we have is no accountability on ANY side, fingers pointed in every direction, and mass chaos.

In my eyes, it's just what big business wants... infighting keeps them hidden and in power. Nothing else really makes sense to me.

Archived