Kathy Griffin

Jason

13 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Image may contain: 4 people, meme and text

Sadly, you would be surprised how many conservatives would think that those went too far. I saw outrageous things on right wing nut jobs Facebook pages that I called them out on and I wasn't the only one. 

13 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Seriously fuck your selective outrage.

Seriously, fuck your childish assumptions.

Remember when Obama was all over Twitter on a daily basis whining about it?

Oh that's right he's a mature adult that had more important things on his mind. I almost forgot what that's like for a second.

Sad covfefe!

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Remember when Obama was all over Twitter on a daily basis whining about it?

Oh that's right he's a mature adult that had more important things on his mind. I almost forgot what that's like for a second.

Sad covfefe!

I remember that Bigly. 

The Republican Party’s Sickness of the Soul

"There’s a sickness on the land. You know the facts: millions of Americans lives in poverty. The number of Americans in the workforce remains low. Wages are stagnating and inequality is growing. “Deaths of despair” from alcoholism, opioid overdose, and suicide are on the rise.

But it’s not just the inequality, or the poverty, or the despair, that wounds us. It’s the fact that so many Republican leaders and voters find ways to justify living with these injustices, and are now making them worse.

There’s no polite way to say it: they suffer from a sickness of the soul."

I'd only add that the neoliberal, donor class Democrats aren't much better.

Oh I agree that Griffin made her own bed and that Clinton cant take any responsibility for her loss. However the point of that meme was to suggest that had it been Clinton on the receiving end of Griffin's pic that the Republican's would be frothing at the mouths..... after all they were the ones that chanted "lock her up" at their convention.... ironically led by a guy that was compromised by the Russians...and himself should be locked up.

16 hours ago, bfine said:

I see the 2 wrongs make a right fallacy is alive and well in this thread. What she did was terrible and she is rightly getting slammed for it. There really nothing to be said deflect from those facts. 

In the same way that Clinton's misuse of an email server doesn't deflect from electing a President that has been compromised by a hostile foreign government, or is this particular Kathy Griffin red herring more red and herring-ier than that?

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

In the same way that Clinton's misuse of an email server doesn't deflect from electing a President that has been compromised by a hostile foreign government, or is this particular Kathy Griffin red herring more red and herring-ier than that?

Heck I'm right there with ya. If it is determined that we have/had a president that "has been compromised by a hostile foreign government" I be calling for his removal quicker than Stephen Colbert can make a homophobic joke. And I damn sure wouldn't use Clinton's "above the rules" mentality as an attempt to mitigate it.

For those keeping score at home:

Actual, self-avowed Nazis, white supremacists, and seditious anti-government militias = protected free speech

Hack comedian making obviously satirical joke = should be ruined for offending powerful person

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

For those keeping score at home:

Actual, self-avowed Nazis, white supremacists, and seditious anti-government militias = protected free speech

Hack comedian making obviously satirical joke = should be ruined for offending powerful person

There's more of that 2 wrongs make a right fallacy. 

4 hours ago, bfine said:

There's more of that 2 wrongs make a right fallacy. 

There's more of that you not knowing WTF you're talking about fallacy.  Are you really trying to say that a Nazi/KKK rally and a photo shoot by a comedian are equal?

Or are you generally not a fan of the 1st Amendment in either case?

Archived