Are the Bengals Super Bowl Contenders? (Article)

Super Bowl?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. So, what do you think? Are the Bengals Super Bowl Contenders?

• Yes
    • Only if the O-line steps up
    • No way

14 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Why does legitimate facts about the state of this franchise get labeled as negativity around here? 

And I could just as easily ask why legitimate facts about the state of this franchise get labled as "blind homerism"?

It is not the facts.  It is the poster.  Lots of people mention negative facts about the team, but also see the positive.  Haters obsess about the negative and never mention the positive.

8 hours ago, fredtoast said:

And I could just as easily ask why legitimate facts about the state of this franchise get labled as "blind homerism"?

It is not the facts.  It is the poster.  Lots of people mention negative facts about the team, but also see the positive.  Haters obsess about the negative and never mention the positive.

When you confuse things like prior years records and which NFC division the team will play with relevant facts you will hear about it.  If looking for the hole in a team that will keep it from achieving it's goals is "hating," bring it on.  It's also called critical thinking.  I was trained to use the scientific method which, at the time, taught me to challenge my own hypothesis and attempt to prove it wrong.  It's a heck of a lot easier to try to prove yourself right and overlook the negative.  

On 6/15/2017 at 9:09 AM, PatternMaster said:

Why does legitimate facts about the state of this franchise get labeled as negativity around here? 

Are we all supposed to be some blind homers who thinks the Bengals are the best in the NFL when they haven't proven it on the field?

Uhh, yes.

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

If looking for the hole in a team that will keep it from achieving it's goals is "hating," bring it on. 

No one ever called that "hating".  So what is your point?  There are lots of members here who are capable of talking about the problems with the team but also see the positives.

23 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

When you confuse things like prior years records and which NFC division the team will play with relevant facts you will hear about it.  If looking for the hole in a team that will keep it from achieving it's goals is "hating," bring it on.  It's also called critical thinking.  I was trained to use the scientific method which, at the time, taught me to challenge my own hypothesis and attempt to prove it wrong.  It's a heck of a lot easier to try to prove yourself right and overlook the negative.  

Then, of course, you already know one cannot prove or disprove a hypothesis. So attempts to do so, are already frustrated. As admirable a thought process as it is (we must have had the same teachers), all it ever showed me was that very few things in life are absolutes--which I already knew. 

25 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Then, of course, you already know one cannot prove or disprove a hypothesis. So attempts to do so, are already frustrated. As admirable a thought process as it is (we must have had the same teachers), all it ever showed me was that very few things in life are absolutes--which I already knew. 

You cannot disprove a theory or hypothesis?  Smh...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpuscular_theory_of_light

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Proves nothing. Try the many "opinions" to the contrary. And theories only partially contain hypothetical argument, which is the basis for yours.

Yeah, smack my fucking head. 

So I suppose the world really could be flat.

Archived