Virginia GOP baseball practice shooting: Multiple people shot

Go Skins

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14/virginia-gop-baseball-practice-shooting-multiple-people-shot.html

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise and aides were shot at a baseball practice in Virginia Wednesday, Fox News confirmed. 

The shots were reported on East Monroe Street in Del Ray, Alexandria police said on Twitter at 7:30 a.m. The location was near a YMCA. 

3 hours ago, Go Skins said:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14/virginia-gop-baseball-practice-shooting-multiple-people-shot.html

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise and aides were shot at a baseball practice in Virginia Wednesday, Fox News confirmed. 

The shots were reported on East Monroe Street in Del Ray, Alexandria police said on Twitter at 7:30 a.m. The location was near a YMCA. 

If this shooting was done by a muslim most conservatives would be calling for WW3, but since it was done a middle aged white guy I seriously doubt there will be the same level of outrage. 

12 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

If this shooting was done by a muslim most conservatives would be calling for WW3, but since it was done a middle aged white guy I seriously doubt there will be the same level of outrage. 

Is it your assertion that a Middle-Aged white guy cannot be Muslim?

As to the OP: Had Steve Scalise been involved in any recent Clinton investigations?

6 minutes ago, bfine said:

Is it your assertion that a Middle-Aged white guy cannot be Muslim?

As to the OP: Had this guy been involved in any recent Clinton investigations?

Most middle-aged white guys from anywhere in this country are not, maybe some places in Eastern Europe but not in the USA. 

5 minutes ago, cnbengal said:

What you won't see is the knee jerk gun control rhetoric that the dems love to pull out at a moment's notice

I think you will, doesn't matter that this guy is Bernie supporter.

There needs to be common sense gun control laws in this country, some type of mental eval should be done and getting access to military grade weapons shouldn't be so easy. 

38 minutes ago, cnbengal said:

What you won't see is the knee jerk gun control rhetoric that the dems love to pull out at a moment's notice

Oh, I've already seen it. Factiously asserting that if everybody of the Softball field had a weapon this would not have happened.

2 hours ago, bfine said:

Oh, I've already seen it. Factiously asserting that if everybody of the Softball field had a weapon this would not have happened.

Problem?  So it's fine if they say moronic, uninformed and heartless shit after a mass shooting but repeating their own words when the same situation affects them is offensive?

Tell me again how "two wrongs don't make a right" now that you personally feel wronged.  All those other wrongs were just fine but now it involves MEEEEE

:cry-min:

Pffft.  GTFO with your crocodile tears.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Problem?  So it's fine if they say moronic, uninformed and heartless shit after a mass shooting but repeating their own words when the same situation affects them is offensive?

Tell me again how "two wrongs don't make a right" now that you personally feel wronged.  All those other wrongs were just fine but now it involves MEEEEE

:cry-min:

Pffft.  GTFO with your crocodile tears.

Oh, I don't feel wronged and not sure where I said anything is offensive. I suppose I am having difficulty understanding your reply here, but the other dude that originally made the false equivalency was quickly shut down when he was made aware that it would have been a much worse tragedy if their had not have been other armed people on the scene. 

He just thought he could parrot something and pretend to have a point. 

11 minutes ago, bfine said:

Oh, I don't feel wronged and not sure where I said anything is offensive. I suppose I am having difficulty understanding your reply here, but the other dude that originally made the false equivalency was quickly shut down when he was made aware that it would have been a much worse tragedy if their had not have been other armed people on the scene

Speaking of false equivalency, nice work referring to a federal law enforcement protection detail as "other armed people" like some random Tactical Dad with all the training of a 3-hour CCW course is even remotely in the same universe.  US Secret Service, mall ninja Call of Duty veteran, hobo with a screwdriver - just a bunch of "other armed people" after all. 

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Speaking of false equivalency, nice work referring to a federal law enforcement protection detail as "other armed people" like some random Tactical Dad with all the training of a 3-hour CCW course is even remotely in the same universe.  US Secret Service, mall ninja Call of Duty veteran, hobo with a screwdriver - just a bunch of "other armed people" after all. 

So was it a good thing that there were other armed folks there or not? 

51 minutes ago, bfine said:

So was it a good thing that there were other armed folks there or not? 

5 people were shot so no, it was probably not a good thing that "armed folks" were there.  Disingenuous little semantic games sure are fun! When did you stop beating your wife?

Is anyone surprised by this? Madonna calls for blowing up the White House, Kathy Griffin holds a simulated severed head of the president up in a photoshoot, you have a play of Julius Caesar where the lead character is dressed as Donald Trump and is stabbed to death and it's all blown off like no big deal and is endorsed by some on the left. So now the mentally imbalanced  think hey this is the next step and go on a killing spree. And I love how the media this morning referred to this guy as a passionate citizen.  Smh

8 minutes ago, cnbengal said:

Is anyone surprised by this? Madonna calls for blowing up the White House, Kathy Griffin holds a simulated severed head of the president up in a photoshoot, you have a play of Julius Caesar where the lead character is dressed as Donald Trump and is stabbed to death and it's all blown off like no big deal and is endorsed by some on the left. So now the mentally imbalanced  think hey this is the next step and go on a killing spree. And I love how the media this morning referred to this guy as a passionate citizen.  Smh

Sorry, you folks had your chance with Jared Loughner.  No use clutching the pearls now.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

5 people were shot so no, it was probably not a good thing that "armed folks" were there.  Disingenuous little semantic games sure are fun! When did you stop beating your wife?

Well I guess we'll jus disagree on the assertion of whether or not it was a good thing that other armed folks were there. Many witnesses say the fact that they were there saved lives; but who knows. 

This early in the game I'm willing to bet it will not be the last time we disagree on a point. 

13 minutes ago, bfine said:

Does anyone want to guess what fallacy this feeble retort falls victim to?

Anyone want to guess how long this troll will keep deflecting with their word-of-the-day app?  

18 minutes ago, bfine said:

Well I guess we'll jus disagree on the assertion of whether or not it was a good thing that other armed folks were there. Many witnesses say the fact that they were there saved lives; but who knows. 

I know if there was one less of your "Armed Folks" we wouldn't be having this same sad, awful conversation.  Funny how the shooter's motives are suddenly the focus when it suits you.  Loughner, Frazier Glenn Miller, Dylann Roof, Wade Michael Page & so on were all mentally ill individuals acting in a vacuum, but this one time a Republican lawmaker got wounded in the hip so now we need to talk about influences and who is ultimately responsible.  GFY.  

14 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Anyone want to guess how long this troll will keep deflecting with their word-of-the-day app?  

I know if there was one less of your "Armed Folks" we wouldn't be having this same sad, awful conversation.  Funny how the shooter's motives are suddenly the focus when it suits you.  Loughner, Frazier Glenn Miller, Dylann Roof, Wade Michael Page & so on were all mentally ill individuals acting in a vacuum, but this one time a Republican lawmaker got wounded in the hip so now we need to talk about influences and who is ultimately responsible.  GFY.  

Where the hell have I dwelled on anyone's motive(s) in this or any other non-germaine topic you try to introduce? Furthermore; I cannot see how you can consider me the one "deflecting" when you are the one that keeps introducing topics different from the OP.

Personally, I think there should be training requirements for anyone to posses a firearm outside their homes and my views on gun control are more strict than most.

You just kinda say things, don't ya? I'm gonna leave you alone for a bit and see if anyone wants to discuss the topic. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Oh and shut the fuck up about this being a left wing issue.

You remember the 2nd Amendment Solutions folks right?

This is the exact same mentality that overtook the Pulse Night Club tribute this past weekend. Instead of focusing on the hate that lead to the tragedy those that could care less tried to turn it into forum to "blame guns".  

12 hours ago, cnbengal said:

Is anyone surprised by this? Madonna calls for blowing up the White House, Kathy Griffin holds a simulated severed head of the president up in a photoshoot, you have a play of Julius Caesar where the lead character is dressed as Donald Trump and is stabbed to death and it's all blown off like no big deal 

Because it isn't.  You think satire caused this?  Donald Trump encouraged his goons to beat up protesters and offered to pay their legal fees.  He invited to the White House a man who told the last POTUS to "suck on this" while brandishing two rifles much like the one used yesterday.

You don't get to decry violent rhetoric now that it affects someone you actually give a shit about.

Archived