Jump to content

fredtoast

Bengals one of best "come from behind" teams since Dalton arrived

Recommended Posts

I hear a lot of people claiming that the Bengals never make any adjustments to their game plans when something goes wrong, but here are some interestingf numbers to consider.  Since 2011 the Bengals are 9th in the league in come from behind victories (31). but that does not tell the entire story.  The Bengaks also have the 7th best winning percentage in games in which they trailed at some point (.464).

 

Only five teams in the leagu have both more come-from behind victories and a better winning percentage in games where they trailed.  For example the Dolphins have one more come from behind victory, but 15 more losses in games where they trailed for only a .386 winning percentage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So contrary to popular belief we've found out that Andy throws one of the best deep balls in the game and owns the clutch gene.  What rumors will he dispel next? :12_slight_smile:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Dautcom08 said:

So contrary to popular belief we've found out that Andy throws one of the best deep balls in the game and owns the clutch gene.  What rumors will he dispel next? :12_slight_smile:

That he doesn't have bright orange pubic hair. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Good stuff...I had no idea. 

 

Who are the five teams better? 

 

Since 2011 in games where a team trailed at some point

 

Team.......wins.....Win%

Cin...........31......  .464

NE...........39......   .650

Den.........38......   .567

Ari...........36......   .468

Pitt..........34......   .486

Sea..........33......   .508

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dautcom08 said:

So contrary to popular belief we've found out that Andy throws one of the best deep balls in the game and owns the clutch gene.  What rumors will he dispel next? :12_slight_smile:

 

Hopefully the one about choking in the postseason.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dautcom08 said:

So contrary to popular belief we've found out that Andy throws one of the best deep balls in the game and owns the clutch gene.  What rumors will he dispel next? :12_slight_smile:

 

His deep ball has dramatically improved since working with Dr. House, early in his career he was throwing ducks. 

 

AJ would have literally come to a complete stop and fight for the ball after he a few steps on the defender. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing about Dalton. He isn't a quitter. They have won some games when I was sure they would lose. Now if he could get that post season monkey off his back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck the stats.  I have seen the Marvengals come out of the locker room after half time looking like the cast of extras from the Walking Dead.

Give up on the running game that was working, try to sit on a two point lead for two quarters, and other Marvin chicken shit stuff.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fredtoast said:

 

Since 2011 in games where a team trailed at some point

 

Team.......wins.....Win%

Cin...........31......  .464

NE...........39......   .650

Den.........38......   .567

Ari...........36......   .468

Pitt..........34......   .486

Sea..........33......   .508

 

Only 3 less than the NFL's Sons of Light, Western PA Edition. 

 

Think what they could be if they had the League's assistance? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Fuck the stats.

 

 

You don't care about winning?  You would rather the team play the way you want and lose more often?

 

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

 

Give up on the running game that was working, try to sit on a two point lead for two quarters, 

 

Giving up on the running game is the exact opposit of trying to sit on a two point lead.  

 

So you squeal and cry if he runs the ball, and you also squeal and cry if he stops running and throws the ball.  No wonder ypou don't care about winning.  It gets in the way of your squeraling and crying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fredtoast said:

 

 

You don't care about winning?  You would rather the team play the way you want and lose more often?

 

 

Giving up on the running game is the exact opposit of trying to sit on a two point lead.  

 

So you squeal and cry if he runs the ball, and you also squeal and cry if he stops running and throws the ball.  No wonder ypou don't care about winning.  It gets in the way of your squeraling and crying.

 

Putting words in my mouth?  I didn't say that.

Quit trolling.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

 

Putting words in my mouth?  I didn't say that.

Quit trolling.

Why don't you quit your crying and go buy a "#6 in Come for Behind Victories" t shirt like the rest of us?  I wear it when my "Playoffs: 5 Years in a Row, Bitches" shirt is in the wash.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Why don't you quit crying and go buy a "#6 in Come for Behind Victories" t shirt like the rest of us?  I wear it when my "Playoffs: 5 Years in a Row" shirt is in the wash.

Lol. Now that's a bit funny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

If you say so. 

 

The nubers say so, not me.

 

But thanks for suggesting that if I say something then it must be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Passepartout said:

Just need to be over that playoff jinx of theirs.

26 soon to be 27 year is a little more than a jinx, its almost impossible. Considering 37.5% of the NFL makes the playoffs every year, not winning a playoff game in 26 years has very long odds.

 

In fact, the odds, if all things are equal is 0.452%.  Obviously, not all things are equal since different franchises are run better than others.

 

Odds of losing 7 straight playoff games?  0.78%.

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fredtoast said:

 

The nubers say so, not me.

 

But thanks for suggesting that if I say something then it must be true.

 

The sarcasm wasn't directed at you, Fred. Re-read the two posts above it for context. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SF2 said:

26 soon to be 27 year is a little more than a jinx, its almost impossible. Considering 37.5% of the NFL makes the playoffs every year, not winning a playoff game in 26 years has very long odds.

 

In fact, the odds, if all things are equal is 0.452%.  Obviously, not all things are equal since different franchises are run better than others.

 

Odds of losing 7 straight playoff games?  0.78%.

 

 

 

It's actually 8, but who's counting? :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

If you say so. 

I'm not a negative fan at all LT. I get frustrated after all the what could have been with our teams but sometimes you just have to laugh. Jmo! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, schotzee said:

I'm not a negative fan at all LT. I get frustrated after all the what could have been with our teams but sometimes you just have to laugh. Jmo! ;)

 

Yep, I try to be a "positive" fan myself, but I just can't ignore the deficiencies in a team that obviously has issues.

 

Not to mention, what fun would a message board be with purely "wooo everything the Bengals do is just so awesome sauce!!!!" circle jerking? Would there be any active threads whatsoever if we all agreed on everything? It takes 2 sides to tango, so whether you love or hate the extremists on either (or both) sides, we wouldn't have message boards without them.

 

I complain a lot about people being extreme and solely focusing on one side of the coin almost 100% of the time, but I also realize that if those people weren't around then I'd probably have nobody to discuss/argue with. Meh, it is what it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

 

Yep, I try to be a "positive" fan myself, but I just can't ignore the deficiencies in a team that obviously has issues.

 

Not to mention, what fun would a message board be with purely "wooo everything the Bengals do is just so awesome sauce!!!!" circle jerking? Would there be any active threads whatsoever if we all agreed on everything? It takes 2 sides to tango, so whether you love or hate the extremists on either (or both) sides, we wouldn't have message boards without them.

 

I complain a lot about people being extreme and solely focusing on one side of the coin almost 100% of the time, but I also realize that if those people weren't around then I'd probably have nobody to discuss/argue with. Meh, it is what it is. 

Absolutely! It takes both "Homers" and "Realists" to make a board great! Yes, beating the same drum over and over does get irritating though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, schotzee said:

I'm not a negative fan at all LT. I get frustrated after all the what could have been with our teams but sometimes you just have to laugh. Jmo! ;)

 

You are fine, Schotz. I just have long since tired of droning '90's-era so-called humor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jason said:

 

It's actually 8, but who's counting? :lol: 

Yeah I didn't count the loss in 1991 since Marvin wasn't the coach but you are correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×