Bengals one of best "come from behind" teams since Dalton arrived

I hear a lot of people claiming that the Bengals never make any adjustments to their game plans when something goes wrong, but here are some interestingf numbers to consider.  Since 2011 the Bengals are 9th in the league in come from behind victories (31). but that does not tell the entire story.  The Bengaks also have the 7th best winning percentage in games in which they trailed at some point (.464).

Only five teams in the leagu have both more come-from behind victories and a better winning percentage in games where they trailed.  For example the Dolphins have one more come from behind victory, but 15 more losses in games where they trailed for only a .386 winning percentage.

56 minutes ago, Dautcom08 said:

So contrary to popular belief we've found out that Andy throws one of the best deep balls in the game and owns the clutch gene.  What rumors will he dispel next? :12_slight_smile:

That he doesn't have bright orange pubic hair. 

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Good stuff...I had no idea. 

Who are the five teams better? 

Since 2011 in games where a team trailed at some point

Team.......wins.....Win%

Cin...........31......  .464

NE...........39......   .650

Den.........38......   .567

Ari...........36......   .468

Pitt..........34......   .486

Sea..........33......   .508

5 hours ago, Dautcom08 said:

So contrary to popular belief we've found out that Andy throws one of the best deep balls in the game and owns the clutch gene.  What rumors will he dispel next? :12_slight_smile:

Hopefully the one about choking in the postseason.

8 hours ago, Dautcom08 said:

His deep ball has dramatically improved since working with Dr. House, early in his career he was throwing ducks. 

AJ would have literally come to a complete stop and fight for the ball after he a few steps on the defender. 

8 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Since 2011 in games where a team trailed at some point

Team.......wins.....Win%

Cin...........31......  .464

NE...........39......   .650

Den.........38......   .567

Ari...........36......   .468

Pitt..........34......   .486

Sea..........33......   .508

Only 3 less than the NFL's Sons of Light, Western PA Edition. 

Think what they could be if they had the League's assistance? 

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Fuck the stats.

You don't care about winning?  You would rather the team play the way you want and lose more often?

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Give up on the running game that was working, try to sit on a two point lead for two quarters, 

Giving up on the running game is the exact opposit of trying to sit on a two point lead.  

So you squeal and cry if he runs the ball, and you also squeal and cry if he stops running and throws the ball.  No wonder ypou don't care about winning.  It gets in the way of your squeraling and crying.

6 hours ago, fredtoast said:

You don't care about winning?  You would rather the team play the way you want and lose more often?

Giving up on the running game is the exact opposit of trying to sit on a two point lead.  

So you squeal and cry if he runs the ball, and you also squeal and cry if he stops running and throws the ball.  No wonder ypou don't care about winning.  It gets in the way of your squeraling and crying.

Putting words in my mouth?  I didn't say that.

Quit trolling.

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Putting words in my mouth?  I didn't say that.

Quit trolling.

Why don't you quit your crying and go buy a "#6 in Come for Behind Victories" t shirt like the rest of us?  I wear it when my "Playoffs: 5 Years in a Row, Bitches" shirt is in the wash.

2 hours ago, Passepartout said:

Just need to be over that playoff jinx of theirs.

26 soon to be 27 year is a little more than a jinx, its almost impossible. Considering 37.5% of the NFL makes the playoffs every year, not winning a playoff game in 26 years has very long odds.

In fact, the odds, if all things are equal is 0.452%.  Obviously, not all things are equal since different franchises are run better than others.

Odds of losing 7 straight playoff games?  0.78%.

7 hours ago, SF2 said:

26 soon to be 27 year is a little more than a jinx, its almost impossible. Considering 37.5% of the NFL makes the playoffs every year, not winning a playoff game in 26 years has very long odds.

In fact, the odds, if all things are equal is 0.452%.  Obviously, not all things are equal since different franchises are run better than others.

Odds of losing 7 straight playoff games?  0.78%.

It's actually 8, but who's counting? :lol: 

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

I'm not a negative fan at all LT. I get frustrated after all the what could have been with our teams but sometimes you just have to laugh. Jmo! ;)

Yep, I try to be a "positive" fan myself, but I just can't ignore the deficiencies in a team that obviously has issues.

Not to mention, what fun would a message board be with purely "wooo everything the Bengals do is just so awesome sauce!!!!" circle jerking? Would there be any active threads whatsoever if we all agreed on everything? It takes 2 sides to tango, so whether you love or hate the extremists on either (or both) sides, we wouldn't have message boards without them.

I complain a lot about people being extreme and solely focusing on one side of the coin almost 100% of the time, but I also realize that if those people weren't around then I'd probably have nobody to discuss/argue with. Meh, it is what it is. 

12 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Yep, I try to be a "positive" fan myself, but I just can't ignore the deficiencies in a team that obviously has issues.

Not to mention, what fun would a message board be with purely "wooo everything the Bengals do is just so awesome sauce!!!!" circle jerking? Would there be any active threads whatsoever if we all agreed on everything? It takes 2 sides to tango, so whether you love or hate the extremists on either (or both) sides, we wouldn't have message boards without them.

I complain a lot about people being extreme and solely focusing on one side of the coin almost 100% of the time, but I also realize that if those people weren't around then I'd probably have nobody to discuss/argue with. Meh, it is what it is. 

Absolutely! It takes both "Homers" and "Realists" to make a board great! Yes, beating the same drum over and over does get irritating though.

3 hours ago, schotzee said:

I'm not a negative fan at all LT. I get frustrated after all the what could have been with our teams but sometimes you just have to laugh. Jmo! ;)

You are fine, Schotz. I just have long since tired of droning '90's-era so-called humor. 

Archived