Bengals one of best "come from behind" teams since Dalton arrived

On 6/20/2017 at 7:26 AM, SF2 said:

Why don't you quit your crying and go buy a "#6 in Come for Behind Victories" t shirt like the rest of us?  I wear it when my "Playoffs: 5 Years in a Row, Bitches" shirt is in the wash.

Those are probably better shirts than the "I'm a Bengals fan, Ask about my Sandy Vagina" shirts that some of you wear daily.

49 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Those are probably better shirts than the "I'm a Bengals fan, Ask about my Sandy Vagina" shirts that some of you wear daily.

If I wear any Bengals gear I usually just get a sad look and sometimes a free bowl of soup!

20 hours ago, BENgal Solo said:

It's brilliant Dalton can lead a team from the brink of defeat! At the same time, to quote Peyton Manning:  “You hear about how many fourth-quarter comebacks that a guy has and I think it means a guy screwed up in the first three quarters.”  

That's valid as far as total wins goes - you have to be losing to mount a comeback win, after all - but Dalton's also 7th in win percentage when trailing.  He's had one losing season in his NFL career so it's not like we're always behind anyway.

43 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

Technically....if the Browns or any team score a field goal on the opening drive but the Bengals win...does that count as a "come from behind victory?"

Good question.   I'd like to see it adjusted for the 2nd half and trailing by more than 7.

12 hours ago, westside bengal said:

Technically....if the Browns or any team score a field goal on the opening drive but the Bengals win...does that count as a "come from behind victory?"

In the form of the wording, it would seem applicable but who knows!?

3 hours ago, schotzee said:

Ok, so who is going to go back and check all the game logs to verify? Lol

I think you just volunteered?

:ninja:

Of course you'd have to compare this for all teams.  Have fun!

I took a much lazier approach and looked up 2nd half scoring here:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/2nd-half-points-per-game?date=2011-02-07

It's not quite the same thing, and as a stat there's still the problem of dominant teams not needing to score much in the 2nd half when they're only protecting an early lead. Still, no offense takes the field trying not to score, even if they have one eye on the game clock. I skipped 2016 simply because the Bengals sucked last year, and looked at 2010-2015.

We've cracked the Top 10 in 2nd half scoring twice in that time, and barely - at #10 both times.

Archived