Professor fired after defending blacks-only event to Fox News

Go Skins

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/06/26/professor-fired-after-defending-blacks-only-event-on-fox-news-i-was-publicly-lynched-she-says/?utm_term=.4fe992fdf117

Earlier this month, political commentator Lisa Durden gave a fiery interview with Tucker Carlson on Fox News, defending a Black Lives Matter chapter’s decision to host a Memorial Day event exclusively for black people.

“Boo-hoo-hoo,” Lisa Durden, who is also an adjunct professor at Essex County College in Newark, said in the June 6 television appearance. “You white people are angry because you couldn’t use your ‘white privilege’ card to get invited to the Black Lives Matter’s all-black Memorial Day celebration.”

In the heated exchange, Carlson responded by calling her “hostile and separatist and crazy.”

“You’re demented actually,” he said. “You’re sick and what you’re saying is disgusting and if you were a Nazi I would say the same thing to you.”

Durden’s remarks spurred both criticism and praise on social media. But what happened less than 48 hours later prompted an even stronger reaction.

On June 8, with about a week left of her summer session of teaching, Durden’s employers at Essex County College suspended her. About two weeks later, Durden was fired from the community college.

The college’s president announced the decision in a lengthy statement Friday, days after Durden met with school officials in a community forum.

Anthony E. Munroe, Essex County College President, said the administration was “immediately inundated with feedback from students, faculty and prospective students and their families expressing frustration, concern and even fear that the views expressed by a College employee (with influence over students) would negatively impact their experience on the campus.”

Lisa lady is a wannabe celebrity that says and does outrageous things to become famous. 

I interview plenty of people who are in between jobs and become an adjunct professor at a local community college, most of them aren't what I would consider to be "experts" in their chosen field. 

Fuck it, I agree with her.  

50 years ago we wouldn't let them drink from the same water fountain, but we're going to freak out when we're not invited to an event that the people complaining were never going to attend anyway?  Why are people so threatened by that?

They call this "white fragility" and it explains so, so much lately.  More crocodile tears from the alt-Reich snowflakes.  Bigots and bullies hiding behind the apron of our Douchebag-in-Chief.  2 beers and a nudge away from reciting the "14 words".

"Boo-hoo-hoo" is right.

On 7/4/2017 at 8:55 AM, Jamie_B said:

Me: OMG you're such a delicate little broflake.

Speaking of, why aren't they defending her right to free speech & complaining about out-of-control PC thought policing? 

Gosh, it's almost as if they're really more concerned with defending Nazis and not being able to hurl racial slurs at will.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Speaking of, why aren't they defending her right to free speech & complaining about out-of-control PC thought policing? 

Gosh, it's almost as if they're really more concerned with defending Nazis and not being able to hurl racial slurs at will.

Because the only free speech they believe in in the speech that lets them feel dominate to others.

Archived