Mixon is a beast and the bengals are this yrs falcons

40 minutes ago, ochothegreat said:

I am hearing that mixon is a beast and is looking like the best back out of this years draft already. Along with ross speed i am already thinking the bengals will be this years Atlanta falcon.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Love your optimism and hope you are correct except for "losing" in the Superbowl.

4 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Yes it is true.  Mixon has been unstoppable running against air.

Just want to make it clear that I think Mixon will be a very good RB for us.  But nothing he is doing now is any proof that he will be a beast.

On 7/1/2017 at 10:20 AM, ochothegreat said:

I am hearing that mixon is a beast and is looking like the best back out of this years draft already. Along with ross speed i am already thinking the bengals will be this years Atlanta falcon.

I would prefer that they are this year's Cincinnati Bengals.

On 7/2/2017 at 9:56 AM, ochothegreat said:

Well if your fellow team mates and coaches see something special in his cuts and burst of speed that says something

Except they say that stuff every year. "Coaches and Teammates are really impressed with Nick Vigil, or Will Clarke, or Margus Hunt..."

Every year some guy feeding the bottom of the roster comes in and gets a good Hobknobbing... And then sees 50 snaps.

10 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Except they say that stuff every year. "Coaches and Teammates are really impressed with Nick Vigil, or Will Clarke, or Margus Hunt..."

Every year some guy feeding the bottom of the roster comes in and gets a good Hobknobbing... And then sees 50 snaps.

Supposedly Marvin will be or has been stressing to his coaches that he wants the new guys better prepared to contribute early.

On 7/4/2017 at 11:27 AM, schotzee said:

Supposedly Marvin will be or has been stressing to his coaches that he wants the new guys better prepared to contribute early.

On 7/4/2017 at 2:25 PM, thezerawkid said:

Only a good decade behind the curve on that one.

On 7/4/2017 at 3:28 PM, schotzee said:

True! I guess better late than never we have to think .

9 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

Absolutely. And, here's to hoping that staff can develop the guys.

Actually the claim that Marvin does not play rookies and young players is a myth.  It is the usual case of people criticizing the Bengals for doing exactly what every other team in the league does.  Here are the numbers to prove it.

According to profootballreference over the last ten years there have been 227 different rookies who started at least 14 games. Since there are 32 teams that is an average of 7.1 per team. Over the last ten years the Bengals have 7 different rookies who have started at least 14 games.

When we expand it beyond just rookie seasons it does not change very much. Looking at the first three seasons of every player's career over the last 10 years there were 785 who had at least one season with at least 14 starts in his first three years. That is an average of 24.5 per team, and the Bengals have had 24.

233 players had two seasons with at least 14 starts in their first 3 years. That is an average of 7.6 per team and the Bengals have had 7.

Only 80 players started at least 14 games in each of their first three seasons. That is an average of 2.5 per team and the Bengals have had 3.

My argument has always been that good teams play rookies less than bad teams. But by going back 10 years I cover times when the Bengals were bad good, bad, and rebuilding. So it should all average out.

2 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Actually the claim that Marvin does not play rookies and young players is a myth.  It is the usual case of people criticizing the Bengals for doing exactly what every other team in the league does.  Here are the numbers to prove it.

According to profootballreference over the last ten years there have been 227 different rookies who started at least 14 games. Since there are 32 teams that is an average of 7.1 per team. Over the last ten years the Bengals have 7 different rookies who have started at least 14 games.

When we expand it beyond just rookie seasons it does not change very much. Looking at the first three seasons of every player's career over the last 10 years there were 785 who had at least one season with at least 14 starts in his first three years. That is an average of 24.5 per team, and the Bengals have had 24.

233 players had two seasons with at least 14 starts in their first 3 years. That is an average of 7.6 per team and the Bengals have had 7.

Only 80 players started at least 14 games in each of their first three seasons. That is an average of 2.5 per team and the Bengals have had 3.

My argument has always been that good teams play rookies less than bad teams. But by going back 10 years I cover times when the Bengals were bad good, bad, and rebuilding. So it should all average out.

I don't disagree, but it's common for Hobson to publish these puff pieces on these guys and then they never see the field.

Weirdly, it's usually the late rounders that get the starts... Russell Bodine is a part of that group.

Archived