Sign Marvin to an extension now!!

Ehh, we can argue this all we want....but hey how many playoff losses do our previous 3 coaches have? 0, because they couldn't even fucking sniff .500.

Shula, Coslet, Lebeau....no thx.

I'll give it 2 more years then maybe my patience will have run out.

13 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

Ehh, we can argue this all we want....but hey how many playoff losses do our previous 3 coaches have? 0, because they couldn't even fucking sniff .500.

That's about my thoughts. He certainly seems to be a very hard working coach!

1 hour ago, turningpoint said:

True, but those rosters were terrible...Marvin in his tenure has underachieved given the much, MUCH better talent that he helped assemble. 

On 7/3/2017 at 7:56 PM, westside bengal said:

I have never understood the NFL lame duck coach argument or concern.

Because you have big egos, and guys who are signed to a longer term deal than their boss. It creates a situation where players think the coach needs to make them happy instead of the other way around.

So Marvin gets out there and yells "work harder", and a guy like AJ Green says "Bitch, I'm signed until 2023, and you're 6 months away from bagging groceries. You better hope I don't tell Mike Brown that I'd rather play for someone else."

You see it some in football, but you really see it in basketball. Ask Dave Blatt about it. I think he's coaching in the Turkish leagues right now.

23 hours ago, Bunghole said:

True, but those rosters were terrible...Marvin in his tenure has underachieved given the much, MUCH better talent that he helped assemble. 

Yep, rather have the insane talent and ability to run a the franchise, would be a huge mistake to totally rid ourselves of him, if anything put him in a front office position.

2 hours ago, turningpoint said:

Yep, rather have the insane talent and ability to run a the franchise, would be a huge mistake to totally rid ourselves of him, if anything put him in a front office position.

I hear this a bunch & wouldn't mind that at all, but it assumes that he wants a front office position.  I have a hunch he'd rather be sipping iced tea on his patio in Ahwatukee in December.

14 hours ago, westside bengal said:

When you make the break----make it clean and complete all the way.

In no way can I agree with your comment on this ,if he is willing to do a front office job. He has Mike's ear. A lot of these questionable players being brought in that many here complain about , would no longer be brought in.

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

In no way can I agree with your comment on this ,if he is willing to do a front office job. He has Mike's ear. A lot of these questionable players being brought in that many here complain about , would no longer be brought in.

I have always valued your opinion as much as any one here, but if we disagree this time...its ok.  But I have a question....if ML has Mike's ear as you say...then why do we have those questionable players now? 

17 hours ago, westside bengal said:

I have always valued your opinion as much as any one here, but if we disagree this time...its ok.  But I have a question....if ML has Mike's ear as you say...then why do we have those questionable players now? 

This is true. Mike always has final say as been told. I think if Marvin was more of just a personnel type guy along with Tobin, I think it would happen certainly to a much lesser degree at least.

22 hours ago, schotzee said:

I think Lewis shares the blame here with Brown.  Lewis brought in Burfict and pumped his tires.  Don't get me wrong, I love Burfict's ability.  Still, he's a unpredictable time bomb on the field and not the kind of leader you want a captain to be.  

15 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I think Lewis shares the blame here with Brown.  Lewis brought in Burfict and pumped his tires.  Don't get me wrong, I love Burfict's ability.  Still, he's a unpredictable time bomb on the field and not the kind of leader you want a captain to be.  

Yea, he definitely has to keep his emotions better in check. Hopefully he will mature in that way without taking away from his play.

5 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

4 hours ago, schotzee said:

Yea, he definitely has to keep his emotions better in check. Hopefully he will mature in that way without taking away from his play.

he does some dumb shit once in a while...oh well...  If he was a stealer he would be on the cover on Madden..

fuck everyone... I love Burdock!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, fluhartz said:

he does some dumb shit once in a while...oh well...  If he was a stealer he would be on the cover on Madden..

fuck everyone... I love Burdock!!!!!!!!!!

This has nothing to do with the Stealers.  

This is about questionable characters and who is responsible.  My point is Mike Brown isn't the only redeemer.  Marvin is involved as well.

As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on Burfict.  He can be the great player he has shown he can be AND not crap the bed when things get tough.  Hope he does just that.

On 7/9/2017 at 11:23 PM, UncleEarl said:

This has nothing to do with the Stealers.  

This is about questionable characters and who is responsible.  My point is Mike Brown isn't the only redeemer.  Marvin is involved as well.

As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on Burfict.  He can be the great player he has shown he can be AND not crap the bed when things get tough.  Hope he does just that.

I don't consider Burfict of questionable character.  Great player on the field that sometimes tries to make the too big a hit and gets himself in trouble over it.  Other than that, he isn't Martavious Bryant or Josh Gordon. 

I still think Marvin should have been let go after the San Diego playoff disaster.  Totally out coached.  The "defensive" guru couldn't stop the same running play over and over again.  Pathetic.

On 7/12/2017 at 0:30 PM, SF2 said:

Totally out coached.  The "defensive" guru couldn't stop the same running play over and over again.  Pathetic.

Chargers had only 2 rushing first downs in the entire second half.

Other than the 58 yard td run the Chargers averaged 3.5 yards per carry for the game.

If the Chargers coaches were better than the Bengals then they would have won on their home field during the regular season.  The fact is we lost that game because we lost the turnover battle 4 to 0.

On 7/17/2017 at 5:38 PM, fredtoast said:

We outgained the Chargers by over 120 yards (439 to 318).

Marvin did not call for 4 turnovers.

What coach does? Some teams do a better job resisting the urge to shit all over the living room carpet when the heat is on. That's coaching... 

Archived