Yeah, Burfict is really good. He looked a bit sluggish for the first couple of games he played last year but I don't expect that to happen again.

Unfortunately for him, he's rarely going to get the benefit of the doubt on bang-bang, questionable plays for the rest of his career due to his reputation, but I do love having one of the NFL "bad guys" on our team. Listening to Stealers fans around here cry about Burfict all the time is amazing lol

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

The question is rhetorical. 

It's almost like we're on a discussion board and people were trying to actually discuss the topic instead of derailing every single thread like others do. 

My bad. I guess I'll just take a personal shot at a poster or mention the Patriots next time. 

3 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Man, that flag that the ref threw on him when he tossed Jen to the ground at 1:09 was fucking bullshit.

Totally agree, thought the same thing last night when I watched it. Continue to roll him on his shoulder going forward...

If Burfict comes into camp slim and ready to play he should be All Pro or close to it.  He is one of the true difference makers on our roster.

Unfortunately, even though more and more players are returning to 100% after microfracture surgery, it is rare for them to have long careers.  So enjoy Tez while we have him.  He is a fantastic player but he may not last very long.

4 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Man, that flag that the ref threw on him when he tossed Jen to the ground at 1:09 was fucking bullshit.

52 minutes ago, Enon Bengal said:

Totally agree, thought the same thing last night when I watched it. Continue to roll him on his shoulder going forward...

Agree.  Jen looks like Bluto and the brothers doing the Roach at the toga party.

Yeah, Burfict is really good. He looked a bit sluggish for the first couple of games he played last year but I don't expect that to happen again.

Unfortunately for him, he's rarely going to get the benefit of the doubt on bang-bang, questionable plays for the rest of his career due to his reputation, but I do love having one of the NFL "bad guys" on our team. Listening to Stealers fans around here cry about Burfict all the time is amazing lol

I think he'll change the narrative just like Harrison did.

Sent from my iPad using Go-Bengals.com

On 7/11/2017 at 8:47 PM, Jpoore said:

I think he'll change the narrative just like Harrison did.

You mean he's going to go play for the Stealers?  Otherwise Harrison has been much, much worse.  Isn't this the same guy who said he would start taking out knees since he couldn't get away with the blatant headhunting anymore?

Look at all the fines he racked up before finally being suspended for one game

http://Stealerswire.usatoday.com/2016/08/18/james-harrison-roger-goodell-fines-history-suspension-al-jazeera-peds-timeline-everything/

You mean he's going to go play for the Stealers?  Otherwise Harrison has been much, much worse.  Isn't this the same guy who said he would start taking out knees since he couldn't get away with the blatant headhunting anymore?

Look at all the fines he racked up before finally being suspended for one game

http://Stealerswire.usatoday.com/2016/08/18/james-harrison-roger-goodell-fines-history-suspension-al-jazeera-peds-timeline-everything/

Yeah he was worse but he changed the narrative. The refs don't look at him for late hits all the time.

1 minute ago, Jpoore said:

Yeah he was worse but he changed the narrative. The refs don't look at him for late hits all the time.

Well, he did retire if that's what you mean?  Otherwise the only thing that changed IMO was Goodell grooming a new scapegoat with less opposition. 

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Well, he did retire if that's what you mean?  Otherwise the only thing that changed IMO was Goodell grooming a new scapegoat with less opposition. 

Sort of curious who the NFL will dub as the next (or maybe multiple) Goldstein for the media's Two Minutes Hate going forward?

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Sort of curious who the NFL will dub as the next (or maybe multiple) Goldstein for the media's Two Minutes Hate going forward?

Maybe Goodell himself? The fans generally hate him, and even though that's only part of the NFL kayfabe right now the owners will eventually need him to fall on his sword over something. I thought the Rice tape was going to do it for a moment, but as it turns out NFL fans don't really care if you beat women. Just don't do something truly awful like kneel during the national anthem.

edit: on the subject of hitting women, they were all geared up to go after Mixon - it was a white woman so middle America gave half a shit - but they weren't dating so it lacked that whole "i'm not racist but .. my daughter" angle, & the victim wasn't a very sympathetic figure once they started digging. They still did a good job of laying the groundwork so I'd expect if Mixon gets anything more than a parking ticket they will reheat all that in a hurry.  If he starts looking like an OROY candidate I'm sure they'll get some more mileage out of it then, too.

You'd think Pacman would serve well enough but I suspect everyone's burnt out on him & have come to expect him to do dumb shit.  He'd have to really step up the stupid for people to take notice, simply spitting on people isn't going to do it when you're known for shake junt shoot-outs.

Archived