On 7/13/2017 at 9:00 AM, UncleEarl said:

Let it go.  If the guy is apologetic for his bad behavior let it go.  As a player he was a diamond in a sea of garbage for the Bengals.

Not personality wise. No matter what he did on the field, there is nothing wrong with fans not liking a player for his actions. There is no need to let it go unless it consumes you, which doesn't seem to be the case with anybody here. There's just dislike. Personally, I still think he's a dick.

And as far as being apologetic, I didn't see an apology in there. Regret and excuses, but no apology.

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

Not personality wise. No matter what he did on the field, there is nothing wrong with fans not liking a player for his actions. There is no need to let it go unless it consumes you, which doesn't seem to be the case with anybody here. There's just dislike. Personally, I still think he's a dick.

And as far as being apologetic, I didn't see an apology in there. Regret and excuses, but no apology.

What is he supposed to apologize for? Being the best player on a shitty team?

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

What is he supposed to apologize for? Being the best player on a shitty team?

Ask Uncle Earl. He'the one that said he was apologetic. I don't give two shits what Dillon does.

19 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Being a dickhead to city and fans?

He was a dickhead to the organization, which deserved every bit of it.  Oh no, he threw his pads into the stands! Meanie.

Mean to the city?  The same city that had race riots 2 years earlier after the police killed a black 19 year old for outstanding traffic tickets? LOL. 

9 minutes ago, SF2 said:

He was a dickhead to the organization, which deserved every bit of it.  Oh no, he threw his pads into the stands! Meanie.

Mean to the city?  The same city that had race riots 2 years earlier after the police killed a black 19 year old for outstanding traffic tickets? LOL. 

That is hands down the most inane post I have seen on here and there's been plenty to choose from. Anything you post from now on will be associated with this stupidity.

26 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Meanie no dickhead yes. Barry better than Dillon Sanders was the best player on shitty teams as well. I don't remember him pissing on the fans.

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

Ask Uncle Earl. He'the one that said he was apologetic. I don't give two shits what Dillon does.

The guy seemed apologetic in his comments to me.  Yeah, he acted like an ass.  I challenge everyone on this board to tell me you would have been a model citizen at 20-something if you were full of cash, were one of the best in the game, and were stuck on an awful team.  It doesn't mean what he did is OK, but I'm willing to let it go.  You can choose not to let it go, but that puts you in the same boat with Dillon as far as I'm concerned.

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

That is hands down the most inane post I have seen on here and there's been plenty to choose from. Anything you post from now on will be associated with this stupidity.

Are you implying that the riots didn't occur?  Are you implying the Cincinnati police didn't have serious issues in this area back then?  Sanctimonious Yankees make me laugh. 

Didn't a UC cop get off after reently murdering a black guy sitting in his car?

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

The guy seemed apologetic in his comments to me.  Yeah, he acted like an ass.  I challenge everyone on this board to tell me you would have been a model citizen at 20-something if you were full of cash, were one of the best in the game, and were stuck on an awful team.  It doesn't mean what he did is OK, but I'm willing to let it go.  You can choose not to let it go, but that puts you in the same boat with Dillon as far as I'm concerned.

He was never "stuck" here. He had his shot to force the issue in 2001--but he was either more interested in the cash to be made, or his well-known and influential agents were not involved. 

Obviously it it was the former. Fuck this victim shit. And...I don't need to let anything go, because I didn't care then, and I don't care now. 

25 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

He was never "stuck" here. He had his shot to force the issue in 2001--but he was either more interested in the cash to be made, or his well-known and influential agents were not involved. 

Obviously it it was the former. Fuck this victim shit. And...I don't need to let anything go, because I didn't care then, and I don't care now. 

Yet you care enough to comment.

25 minutes ago, schotzee said:

He was a dickhead when he was here. It's cut n dry.

And now that he's more mature he regrets it.  

Refusing to forgive, aka holding a grudge, is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies from it.

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

And now that he's more mature he regrets it.  

Refusing to forgive, aka holding a grudge, is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies from it.

I can forgive and forget that if it's what he said and really means it Jason. He was a helluva Bengal player.

Not really, Harry. Like I said, I am altogether cool with honoring the man as one of the 50 greatest Bengals--because he was. I will probably be there cheering him that day. 

I just lol @ the historic mantra from many in this fan base who then, and now, trot out the "oppressed prisoner" crap, like he was Nelson Mandela or something. It was as comical then, as it is now.  

30 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Not really, Harry. Like I said, I am altogether cool with honoring the man as one of the 50 greatest Bengals--because he was. I will probably be there cheering him that day. 

I just lol @ the historic mantra from many in this fan base who then, and now, trot out the "oppressed prisoner" crap, like he was Nelson Mandela or something. It was as comical then, as it is now.  

I never said he was some kind of prisoner, but he was stuck after he signed the contract.  Do you think he signed without the Bengals convincing him they were going to get better and do this and that?  I am not defending his behavior, but I do understand how a wealthy young guy who has had his ass kissed for years would act out in that situation.  He was a jackass, but who knows how I would have acted in the same situation.  If the guy is apologetic or shows regret I think he deserves a break.  Kids do dumb shit.

Archived