The 100% wife driven reason Palmer left town.  CP was fucking around on his wife while she was pregnant with multiple women and she found out.  In response, she moved back to CA and threatened to never come back or let him see his kids again.  CP then decides to quit unless he is traded to the west coast in order to save his marriage.  People can choose to believe it or not.  I tend to think there is an element of truth to the story, mainly because I have heard a first hand account from someone who claimed to have banged CP.   It also has never added up that Mike Brown would let CP go.  He loved the guy and arguably treated him better than any player in franchise history (highest paid player ever, even gave his scrub brother a job).

9 hours ago, schotzee said:

Again that's between him and his wife. He didn't shit on the fans like your hero Dillon did.

While that's true, he could have simply offered "personal/family reasons" instead of letting people speculate about the franchise & city.  He sulked in his McMansion until the raccoons chased him out

N02TC3x.gif

I think the Carson Palmer wife story is BS.

A wife is not going to blame the city of Cincinnati for her husband cheating.  If she was going to leave him she would have left him no matter where he moved.  And if she was going to take him back she would have taken him back in Cincinnati.  I don't see how the location wouild have made any difference.

Off Quitter Topic: but I saw him on a few holes of the American Century Celebrity golf tourney over the weekend. He plays in it every year. Couldn't beat Rodgers or Curry or Smoltz...but he's a pretty decent golfer overall.

And he stays away from Lake Tahoe female hotel concierges, unlike some other black/gold QB we all detest. At least as far as we know.

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

While that's true, he could have simply offered "personal/family reasons" instead of letting people speculate about the franchise & city.  He sulked in his McMansion until the raccoons chased him out

N02TC3x.gif

We don't agree even 1% on CP, but that Gif is Golden. :lol:

13 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The 100% wife driven reason Palmer left town.  CP was fucking around on his wife while she was pregnant with multiple women and she found out.  In response, she moved back to CA and threatened to never come back or let him see his kids again.  CP then decides to quit unless he is traded to the west coast in order to save his marriage.  People can choose to believe it or not.  I tend to think there is an element of truth to the story, mainly because I have heard a first hand account from someone who claimed to have banged CP.   It also has never added up that Mike Brown would let CP go.  He loved the guy and arguably treated him better than any player in franchise history (highest paid player ever, even gave his scrub brother a job).

Interesting...And here I was all along thinking that the "100% wife driven" thing was no more complicated than her being a SoCal gal, hated the weather, missed California, hated the fans here for throwing trash on his lawn, etc. And then on the Palmer side I kinda always thought that he and the team had reached an impasse where CP didn't think the team would progerss any further.

This is the first I heard of the cheating allegations. Anyway, let's stop calling him "the quitter" and start calling him "the giver" since Mikey stole draft picks for him like a thief in the night.

On 7/17/2017 at 7:50 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

Like I said, people can believe the 100% wife driven theory or not.  I think its more believable than his wife not liking the weather in Ohio or trash on her lawn.  

Who hasn't found some trash on their lawn at one point or another? Most people don't quit their jobs and leave town over it.  I think it's safe to say there was more going on than either of them wanted to admit.  What that was, we'll probably never know. 

On 7/17/2017 at 7:33 AM, fredtoast said:

I think the Carson Palmer wife story is BS.

A wife is not going to blame the city of Cincinnati for her husband cheating.  If she was going to leave him she would have left him no matter where he moved.  And if she was going to take him back she would have taken him back in Cincinnati.  I don't see how the location wouild have made any difference.

Obviously the women in Cincinnati are so hot and easy there was no way Carson could help himself.  That is why his wife wanted him back in So. California so he would not be surrounded by so many beautiful women of low morale character. 

Archived