Favorite players from the 1990's

On 7/26/2017 at 10:03 PM, Le Tigre said:

I don't know, Ron: Norm was pretty wore out by the end of that stretch--even he said he doubted he could do a full 16 games ever again. I don't really think he ever had intentions of returning in '98--and the MNF gig just sealed it. 

Had never heard that. My father was stationed at Ft. Bliss TX at the time so we did not get much in the way of Bengal news. I always thought he simply chose MNF over another year. 

It it seems odd now but before the internet was widespread we got very little Bengal news out west. A few highlights on the evening news if we were lucky and two games a year vs the Oilers was about it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was one of the lucky few who missed the 90s. In the army 92-96 watched very little football outside of the occasional Monday night game (any team) and the super bowl. Loved in Georgia 96-2001. Unless they played Jacksonville Carolina or Atlanta they didn't hit the airwaves down there.

3 hours ago, ccartman2 said:

I was one of the lucky few who missed the 90s. 

You were lucky.  I lived in Denver in the early 90's and became a huge Nuggets fan. From 1995 through '02-'03 the Bengals had the fewest wins in the NFL and the Nuggets had the second fewest in the NBA, but only because Memphis began as an expansion team in '95.

Strange coincidence that both teams turned it around at the same time.  In the '02 seasons both the Bengals and the Nuggets had the worst record in their league.  Both drafted a huge star (Carmelo Anthony and Carson Palmer) and had .500 or better records for the next few years.

The only thing that kept me out of therapy during that bad stretch was UT football.  In the seven years between 95 and '01 they won 73 games and finished in the top 10 six times with one national championship.

Some I haven't heard yet.

Jimmy Spencer

Ashley Ambrose

Rich Braham

John Copeland

Lee Johnson

Corey Sawyer

Bracey Walker

Steve Foley

Artrell Hawkins

Garrison Hearst

Bo Orlando